Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Baloogan posted:

i like the idea of uber, but why does it need a company to run it, just make an open source app and you keep 100% of the fare and you set the fare yourself, and it doesn't let you set an absurdly low fare

.. how would you take that public and make millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

taxis and other on-demand car services generate twice as many trips as you would driving yourself there

doubling my traffic footprint, to own the libs

theyre out there cruising around anyway if im in the car or not it's a real conundrum isnt it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
chris christie: I love you John, you were a great man.

*kisses forehead, puts an M&M in mccains dead mouth*

ethnic funeral director: Hey! You no putta candy inna he mouth! He not a pinata! Shoo, shoo, fat man you go ruin summbody else a funeral!"

*chases christie out of the service with the end of a broom, poking his belly fat the entire time*

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

jarofpiss posted:

airbnbing a room in the triangle shirtwaist factory this weekend

Very low rates I hear

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
drunk nnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3vovAWG5MM

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is using a self checkout machine scabbing yes/no?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I’m prolly never gonna spell megynn mccain correctly.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

jarofpiss posted:

no, it just signals you want to be a serf

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

jarofpiss posted:

yes

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
chris christie, with a pot of honey over his head, standing outside the funeral home: "Well, Chris, this is another fine mess you got yourself into."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Random crowdsourced gypsy cabs sound perfect to me.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Random crowdsourced gypsy cabs sound perfect to me.

i like the fearmongering that libs do about the fact there's no background checks and the uber driver might want to rape you but they never argue for passenger vetting

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao yo what the gently caress is this

hey amazon lemme just give you a car key

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Ramadu posted:

Hey, people who live in their cars still need to get their Prime goods delivered somewhere

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
....trump?

...?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bearjew posted:

which school will be the first to rename its team to the Trumps

our newest ford class aircraft carrier the uss donald j trump

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Chinatown posted:

....trump?

wtf...

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ramadu posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つAmazon take my energy༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

Hey, people who live in their cars still need to get their Prime goods delivered somewhere

I need my AmazonBasics items

I can't shop at Target like a Rockefeller

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

i like the idea of uber, but why does it need a company to run it, just make an open source app and you keep 100% of the fare and you set the fare yourself, and it doesn't let you set an absurdly low fare

fund the project with government money, nationalize ride-sharing and microblogging

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

amazon has one where you give them a key to your house and they send people to clean it dont they?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ramadu posted:

It looks like it only works with cars that have cell phone unlocking ability.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Amazon birth centers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Siljmonster posted:

Ayn Rand had her giant condo taken from her in the revolution and given to like 5 families to split up and live in

she said that her political philosophy was born when she was like 6 and got mad at her mom for giving her old toys away to the poor

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I have to say if there were a fatty who was way up on all the best fat man tricks it would def be christie.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Of all the hundreds of companies that need to be nationalized so that people can once again have dignified and good lives, uber and Lyft are deffo among them but like at number 100

Unless you live in like one of half a dozen cities, your normie cabs work the same as rideshare apps but they just gently caress then over differently

wrong, all should be destroyed and replaced with robust public transit

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

jarofpiss posted:

amazon has one where you give them a key to your house and they send people to clean it dont they?

I don't remember the cleaning part but I know they had one where you could give them your keys so they would leave packages inside

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Careful Drums posted:

fund the project with government money, nationalize ride-sharing and microblogging

US government acquires Mechanical Turk; every citizen making less than $60K/yr is assumed to be lazy and required to take microjobs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bearjew posted:

Amazon birth centers

we're extremely close to amazon health insurance

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she said that her political philosophy was born when she was like 6 and got mad at her mom for giving her old toys away to the poor

I too get angry when things I no longer use are given to people that have nothing and want them. Wait no that makes me happy.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i'm still gonna buy pencils on amazon prime because gently caress not exploiting the system while it exists if i can

when the collapse comes we will all regret not stocking up on things we really needed that we didn't think of

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Powered Descent posted:

US government acquires Mechanical Turk; every citizen making less than $60K/yr is assumed to be lazy and required to take microjobs

steve microjobs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agean90 posted:

wrong, all should be destroyed and replaced with robust public transit

Robust public transit as a service

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

amazon will pick you up in a duck boat and drive u str8 to the reaper

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
hey remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-oLbkIsYcs

it was just over two months ago.

gently caress

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I hear if you get your baby delivered by Amazon they get a guaranteed job when they turn 14

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If im im elected president of the united states i vow to unearth mccains body and blow it to smithereens

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kurtofan posted:

If im im elected president of the united states i vow to unearth mccains body and blow it to smithereens

This but make it Trump.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I hear if you get your baby delivered by Amazon they get a guaranteed job when they turn 14

Makes sense, Amazon will definitely be running canneries and mines by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Cadaver synods as a service

• Locked thread