Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Not me, sorry, I was posting it in response to an actual dog.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I figured, but still, platting those games is hard as hell. Never finished the grind in 2

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I never beat DQH1, but I got pretty far into it. I should pick it up again, I loved the more strategic approach. I felt like I was thinking about the overall battlefield and objectives way more than in Hyrule Warriors.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Overall I think I liked the first game better for that very reason. You HAVE to collect/use monster medals to win most of the stages since it's got a tower defense kinda thing going. There's either none or very few of those levels in 2, which makes it more like a classic musou game but lessens the need for monster medals. Yangus is a beast in the first game as well

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the grind in 2 is so ridiculous. 1's was a lot but never overbearing & the plat was fun to work towards. 2 is just wild

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yea ok posted:

the grind in 2 is so ridiculous. 1's was a lot but never overbearing & the plat was fun to work towards. 2 is just wild

It's very similar to the Orochi 2 plat, which involves grinding weapon proficiency for all 200 characters which I did in 2009 while watching the entire series of Lost.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Overall I think I liked the first game better for that very reason. You HAVE to collect/use monster medals to win most of the stages since it's got a tower defense kinda thing going. There's either none or very few of those levels in 2, which makes it more like a classic musou game but lessens the need for monster medals. Yangus is a beast in the first game as well

i don't particularly love tower defense (or musou really) but yeah that combo really worked for me

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the world is so corrupt when there's a long weekend and i mess up my ankle right before it and dq doesn't come out until after

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's very similar to the Orochi 2 plat, which involves grinding weapon proficiency for all 200 characters which I did in 2009 while watching the entire series of Lost.
:patriot:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pumped to play this and put hundreds of hours into it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

just found a vial of holy water in the sauna... I should probably put it back

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

an actual dog posted:

lmfao

I'm incredibly jealous right now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

an actual dog posted:

you can probably sell it to the old man living in the town well

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

just entered the house of the Doge

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

an actual dog posted:

just entered the house of the Doge

Much dragon very quest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Much dragon very quest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive shown this review to a couple people and its such a joy. i cant believe an actual gaming enthusiast works for kotaku lol. watch this if you havent already its genuinely great and hypes the game a ton without any big spoilers

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
kotaku is good now because they pay tim rogers money

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
thank you tim rogers for running so weird party where you use the healer instead of the hero

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

ive shown this review to a couple people and its such a joy. i cant believe an actual gaming enthusiast works for kotaku lol. watch this if you havent already its genuinely great and hypes the game a ton without any big spoilers
There's one or two good games journalists buried everywhere. *winks at camera*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's one or two good games journalists buried everywhere. *winks at camera*

Jimmy Hoffa was killed and buried under Giants Stadium for giving Twilight Princess an 8.8

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Jimmy Hoffa was killed and buried under Giants Stadium for giving Twilight Princess an 8.8

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm going to take a self-care day off from working when this is out and stock up on the good noms, some drinks, a couple of brews. I'm hyped. After that I'll play as gaming life coach Tim Rogers recommends: an hour or so in the evening, after taking a bath, before going to sleep.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Firing up Vita Remote Play so I can play IN the bath

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

goferchan posted:

Firing up Steam Link app so I can play IN the bath

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waiting 3 years so I can play the switch version in the bath

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
you can preload the steam version and maybe digital ps4 versions now. goon bless

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

Firing up Vita Remote Play so I can play IN the bath

oh my God

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My imp friend with the game...post a pic of the difficulty options menu thank you

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

My imp friend with the game...post a pic of the difficulty options menu thank you

an actual dog fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 2, 2018

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I didn't turn any of these on before starting so I don't think I can flip them on anywhere. But yea if you start with them you can turn them off at churches.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Just finished my preload on steam, I was originally contemplating ps4 + vita as prime comfygamer setup, but I realized that i can also stream to my laptop and tv, and that its liek 17 dollars cheaper on greenmangames so I just did that.

shypox sounds pretty alluring

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all enemies are super strong

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I left my PS4 on sleep mode last night and woke to fully installed DQXI. What a wonderful dream it must've had.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That’s really cool lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank You Square Enix

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I wonder if Shypox works the same as Gaddabout where they'd sometimes not listen to your commands in battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
strategically placed rakes and falling cans of paint