Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

drilldo squirt posted:

The best part was how it all coverage of if vanished after her dad told the right to gently caress off.

It helps she was on the left and there are endless examples of the alt right celebrating her death as poetic justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

Regarding the Trump and evangelicals thing, a few days ago on my way to work I was listening to NPR and they had an evangelical Christian pastor on. I forget his name but he apparently is kind of a big deal in evangelical circles. Anyway the topic of the conversation was asking him why evangelicals support Trump despite him being the embodiment of everything Christianity claims to oppose.

The guy did say that Trump is the most pro-religious and pro-life President we've ever had, and he said yes he was including Reagan in that statement. He claimed Trump even supports the rights of religions other than Christianity, including Islam and Hinduism (purposely ignoring Trump was trying to ban Muslims from coming to the US). He also talked about how Trump is going to do God's work with his SCOTUS pick, and said "This country existed for 150 years perfectly fine with prayer and Bible reading allowed in school, then suddenly the Supreme Court outlawed it."

The part that got me was the woman interviewing him actually asked him "So during Bill Clinton's presidency evangelicals were saying that you can't compartmentalize the president's life, that if he's a person of immoral character his policies don't matter, why is it suddenly the opposite now?" The guy's answer was ""Well the 2016 election was a choice between two people and nobody can say Hillary Clinton is more moral than Donald Trump, so obviously we have to support the candidate who's more morally correct on political issues even if his personal life is questionable."

Needless to say I yelled a lot at my radio that morning.

i'd give up all my worldly goods to be able to call all these people loving idiots to their faces.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'd give up all my worldly goods to be able to call all these people loving idiots to their faces.

You totally can do this, it’s not even a crime unless you, like, break into their house in order to do it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i meant they had to stand there and take it.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Start showing up to city council meetings, most of them have an open mic "questions from the public" timeslot.

edit: upon further reading this reply makes no sense, whoops!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

drilldo squirt posted:

The best part was how it all coverage of if vanished after her dad told the right to gently caress off.

It's still getting covered?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Just wow if you have any "worldly goods" at all.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
When they just come right out and say it.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1036280030194819072

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BiggerBoat posted:

Just wow if you have any "worldly goods" at all.

What kind of a chump stores up treasures on earth, Jesus was very clear on this point.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

They've been saying that from the get go

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

HootTheOwl posted:

It's still getting covered?

I have cnn and msnbc on a lot and I haven't seen poo poo.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

They've been saying that from the get go
Well duh. They'd vote for Anton LeVay if he promised to turn over Roe v. Wade.

They're also not going to like it when they get it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

drilldo squirt posted:

I have cnn and msnbc on a lot and I haven't seen poo poo.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/02/us/mollie-tibbetts-father-op-ed/index.html
This is four hours old.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pope Guilty posted:

What kind of a chump stores up treasures on earth, Jesus was very clear on this point.

That hippie can get hosed, I'm having my treasures and my servants entombed with me so I may enjoy them in my paradisaical afterlife.

*heart weighs more than a feather due to clogged arteries*

fuuuuuuuuck

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

OneEightHundred posted:

Well duh. They'd vote for Anton LeVay if he promised to turn over Roe v. Wade.

They're also not going to like it when they get it.

I smell some primo schadenfreude from the right if they ever got their way and got RvW overturned. I can't even count how many of those idiots had to pay for their mistress/babysitter/girlfriend's abortion. I know it gets said a lot, but they think the only moral abortion is their abortion.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

It hasn't been on the tv dude, I know because they replay the poo poo out of everything.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

I smell some primo schadenfreude from the right if they ever got their way and got RvW overturned. I can't even count how many of those idiots had to pay for their mistress/babysitter/girlfriend's abortion. I know it gets said a lot, but they think the only moral abortion is their abortion.
That's not what I mean, what I mean is that it's going to blow up in their face. They're totally unprepared for the post-RvW phase where they have to actually convince voters to ban abortion or keep it banned, and where the pro-choice movement realigns away from litigation and toward legislative action.

There are a lot of Republican legislators right now that really like the status quo where voters that want to ban abortion think that the way to do that is to vote for Republicans, and a large slice of voters that want to keep it available are apathetic because they think that the courts are just going to block it anyway. So, Republicans get to juice up the evangelicals without having to take responsibility for it. It's the same thing as the "repeal Obamacare" schtick. I think you'll see some major changes once the threat of it becomes more real.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

OneEightHundred posted:

That's not what I mean, what I mean is that it's going to blow up in their face. They're totally unprepared for the post-RvW phase where they have to actually convince voters to ban abortion or keep it banned, and where the pro-choice movement realigns away from litigation and toward legislative action.

There are a lot of Republican legislators right now that really like the status quo where voters that want to ban abortion think that the way to do that is to vote for Republicans, and a large slice of voters that want to keep it available are apathetic because they think that the courts are just going to block it anyway. So, Republicans get to juice up the evangelicals without having to take responsibility for it. It's the same thing as the "repeal Obamacare" schtick. I think you'll see some major changes once the threat of it becomes more real.

It may not be what you meant, but my point still stands :colbert: Schadenfreude isn't far behind if RvW goes away.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

There is no freude in life-threatening pregnancies or unwanted children, wtf dude

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

greazeball posted:

There is no freude in life-threatening pregnancies or unwanted children, wtf dude
That and the hucksters are gonna get it out of state anyway. The burden will fall on the poor, as usual.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

Not a single one of them will ever face a lack of abortion if he needs it. They will either fly their mistresses out of state or out of country to get it done. The only ones suffering from this will be those too poor to be able to take several days off work and drive two states over to get a necessary procedure done.
There are already, at this very moment several states that have laws on the book that kick in the moment RvW is overturned and ban abortion, it will be an absolute nightmare, not a source of Schadenfreude.
https://mic.com/articles/190095/these-states-have-trigger-laws-banning-abortion-on-the-books-in-case-roe-v-wade-is-overturned

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Aren't there also states that have ludicrous restrictions on abortion clinics? I'm talking "it's so hard to open one like two exist in the whole state" levels of bullshit. You can't outright ban abortion in America but you sure can make it inconvenient!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRauXXz6t0Y

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Also once Roe v Wade goes, the Republican pitch to voters becomes "vote for us or the Democrats start killing babies again" so there's not any upside there, either. Voting Republican remains the punish women move.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"Please ignore the fake news media bringing up the children and infants we endanger and murder in camps. The Democrats want to allow abortions!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Pope Guilty posted:

Also once Roe v Wade goes, the Republican pitch to voters becomes "vote for us or the Democrats start killing babies again" so there's not any upside there, either. Voting Republican remains the punish women move.

I've heard this argument before and, while I think this USED to be true, the GOP now is inundated and overrun with true believers thanks to the tea party and a generation of exposure to RWM. The people in the party now have been raised on it and a lot of them aren't in the fact that it's a con.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

OneEightHundred posted:

That and the hucksters are gonna get it out of state anyway. The burden will fall on the poor, as usual.

Plus they'll probably be able to turn it into a permanent crisis like gun control and keep the grift going forever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Techmeme/status/1036608313558032385

Jack. Dorsey. Literally. Loves. Nazis.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
^that and some recent article about regressives at Zuckbook and Google being giant baby snowflakes, I kinda want to see Jack and other regressive code monkeys actually try to make a competently coded social media platform for regressives.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I've heard this argument before and, while I think this USED to be true, the GOP now is inundated and overrun with true believers thanks to the tea party and a generation of exposure to RWM. The people in the party now have been raised on it and a lot of them aren't in the fact that it's a con.

I don't think we disagree!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
reupping from c-spam but enjoy the next in the saga of salena zito, wherein she's trying to cover her rear end yet again

quote:

“Dad, it’s not true,” I said, fighting to keep my voice steady through tears.

you know this is gonna be some primo schadenfreude when it opens with this :allears:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

reupping from c-spam but enjoy the next in the saga of salena zito, wherein she's trying to cover her rear end yet again

you know this is gonna be some primo schadenfreude when it opens with this :allears:

Have Salena Zito and Sarah Huckabee Sanders ever been seen in the same room at the same time?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Bastion of integrity the New York Post is certainly the outlet I would go to in order to burnish my credibility.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Tech hearings today provided some funny poo poo for us:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1037419596083548160

Slutitution fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 5, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alex Jones, even more pathetic than Marco Rubio.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

sticksy posted:

Bastion of integrity the New York Post is certainly the outlet I would go to in order to burnish my credibility.

zito used her trump whispering bullshit to launch her from some pittsburgh paper to...the new york post, and CNN and harvard's institute of politics

anyway i won't be satisfied until she's finally made persona non grata everywhere outside the wingnut welfare circuit

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I must have run over an orphan in a previous life or something, because it appears my right-wing cinema torture is about to continue. Today I get to work on the rave reviewed, Clinton Inc. :smith:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Mr Interweb posted:

I must have run over an orphan in a previous life or something, because it appears my right-wing cinema torture is about to continue. Today I get to work on the rave reviewed, Clinton Inc. :smith:

Jeez, what kind of chuds do you work for? Gonna live-post this one also?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

McGlockenshire posted:

Jeez, what kind of chuds do you work for? Gonna live-post this one also?

We actually have a pretty decent clientele most of the time, but one of em, happens to be a major chud distributor. I'm assuming with Death of A Nation and God is Not Dead 3 coming out soon, these guys are re-releasing this poo poo or something.

And no, I won't be able to live post on this one as I'm unfortunately pressed for time today and have to get this out ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Slutitution posted:

The Tech hearings today provided some funny poo poo for us:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1037419596083548160

this is a beautiful metaphor for... something.

Marco Rubio blathering on as Marco Rubio does, probably saying some bullshit about protecting free speech for conservatives on social media, while the guy who this whole conversation has revolved around stands right off camera poking at him and sniping at him because Alex Jones knows that Rubio can't and won't do a drat thing for a variety of reasons

Marco Rubio is a big ol' wuss who won't do anything about the parts of his party he would prefer didn't exist so he could take benefits away from poor people like a normal conservative, because the dumbasses who put him into office eat up Jones' bullshit like it was so much candy.