Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

show some respect, his name is dunkin dicknuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

"my spidey sense is tingling --- maybe go out with me"

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Bearjew posted:

when's that asteroid gonna end it all

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

tenderjerk posted:

Being an atheist is like being a rick and morty fan, ultimately it's cool and good but is just chockful of dipshit garbage people and it's usually the worst who are the most prolific
as we all know distancing yourself from the truth on account of what you're told is the weakness of some people in your cadre has always worked out well for leftist groups

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Atheism: good or bad??? wow makes me think

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I believe in the faith. I believe in our lord

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i heard someone who identifies himself as atheist is gay, wait, does that mean atheism is gay? *worriedly looks down at boner*

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Bearjew posted:

when's that asteroid gonna end it all

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
here's the thing about being a LOUD AND PROUD atheist; it's pointless. if you're coming from a materialist perspective your analysis and critiques are already rooted in reality and bereft of god, and composed in a way that doesn't automatically discredit you in the eyes of faithful people by positioning yourself in a loud group of goobers who jerk off about saying "Merry Crimbo" and getting their driver's license photo taken with a spaghetti strainer on their heads

i just don't see the point at all in identifying as an atheist, especially with the cartoonish baggage it carries, it's the "everything but rap and country" of personalities

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
you know, i might be spiralling down a dark patk to insanity

the important thing is, many libs will be owned along the way, and isnt that w

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Didn't kimmel lose to this loving twat

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Agnostics are the true sex
Havers

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!
I love god and jesus, do you know how good you can get kids to behave when you've unfairly hijacked their innocence and introduced punishment based existentialism into their lives :getin:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzt7JvsYIuI

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShriekingMarxist posted:

here's the thing about being a LOUD AND PROUD atheist; it's pointless. if you're coming from a materialist perspective your analysis and critiques are already rooted in reality and bereft of god, and composed in a way that doesn't automatically discredit you in the eyes of faithful people by positioning yourself in a loud group of goobers who jerk off about saying "Merry Crimbo" and getting their driver's license photo taken with a spaghetti strainer on their heads

i just don't see the point at all in identifying as an atheist, especially with the cartoonish baggage it carries, it's the "everything but rap and country" of personalities
isn't it convenient that the baggage is cartoonish

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

while u guys were busy having the sex, i was studying braid

and now that the wolves are at the door, you dare ask for my help?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Alan Smithee posted:

Didn't kimmel lose to this loving twat

yo, check this out: Kimmel loving sucks

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!
I regret to announce that ricky gervais has been dabbling in atheism

Hes been reading some stuff online

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShriekingMarxist posted:

this is also basically why communism will always fail btw

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

attn: women

just because i invite you to mcdonalds you do not have to get a salad feel free to order what you want and get as many sauces you want i am a nice guy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
ricky gervais dick dawson sam harris christ hitchens blaaaaa, these guys are butt birds, they are atheist. i am above such buttfuckery. for i am bl0rt.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:qq:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

*goes to a party in what seems several years*

*walks up to a group of gentlemen* "greedo shot first"

*is asked to leave party never to return*

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNbsL5-6SZE

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

t0aine posted:

this is also basically why communism will always fail btw

not rly

religion is pretty fundamental expression of culture that'll probably always exist in some fashion

it's possible to completely divorce it from class antagonisms like patriarchy and racism and for it to exist alongside a healed human society

there are plenty of radical left people of faith, and learning how to accommodate people of faith and radicalize them will be very important because large swaths of the population are poor and religious.

i can prove they're being exploited for profit by the wealthy, that we exist in a system of social dominances based on arbitrary class distinctions to keep white patriarchs in power, but i can't prove their invisible man doesn't exist :shrug:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

lol "I'm so mad that the party stripped me of my super delegate powers after we gave them such great candidates like hillary clinton"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I want to go to the grocery store but sundays are the loving worst and it's probably double up because of labor day.

Fuuuck

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

ShriekingMarxist posted:

not rly

religion is pretty fundamental expression of culture that'll probably always exist in some fashion

it's possible to completely divorce it from class antagonisms like patriarchy and racism and for it to exist alongside a healed human society

there are plenty of radical left people of faith, and learning how to accommodate people of faith and radicalize them will be very important because large swaths of the population are poor and religious.

i can prove they're being exploited for profit by the wealthy, that we exist in a system of social dominances based on arbitrary class distinctions to keep white patriarchs in power, but i can't prove their invisible man doesn't exist :shrug:

look i just wanted some fuckin chicken wings m8

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

t0aine posted:

ricky gervais dick dawson sam harris christ hitchens blaaaaa, these guys are butt birds, they are atheist. i am above such buttfuckery. for i am bl0rt.

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShriekingMarxist posted:

not rly

weird how forgiving you are when it comes to religion :)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lorn Wayne posted:

look i just wanted some fuckin chicken wings m8

TRUFM

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
well guys you see religion isn't so bad. *hisses as someone even begins to mention atheism* what? what?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Atheism is fine when taken literally but Internet Atheism just turned into jerking off over the implausibility of Bible stories instead of like, having any sort of etiquette or moral code themselves. So 100% of it is cumming on each other's galaxy brains instead of trying to find any inherent meaning in life or any appreciation for the people around you. There's nothing to do with Atheism but lash out and feel superior.

Just say Agnostic and dodge all that. it means pretty much what you want Atheism to mean but at least implies you thought about it first and have some internal understanding of the actual functions of religion and spirituality and how you approach them.

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Atheism is fine when taken literally but Internet Atheism just turned into jerking off over the implausibility of Bible stories instead of like, having any sort of etiquette or moral code themselves. So 100% of it is cumming on each other's galaxy brains instead of trying to find any inherent meaning in life or any appreciation for the people around you. There's nothing to do with Atheism but lash out and feel superior.

Just say Agnostic and dodge all that. it means pretty much what you want Atheism to mean but at least implies you thought about it first and have some internal understanding of the actual functions of religion and spirituality
God drat are you people like 16

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Just say Agnostic and dodge all that. it means pretty much what you want Atheism to mean but at least implies you thought about it first and have some internal understanding of the actual functions of religion and spirituality

:yeah:

obviously be an atheist, but don't be an Atheist

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

there's something legitimately sad about big box b&m like kmart and such dying

they brought it on themselves by having a lovely online presence and amazon eating everyone's lunch but shopping online while convenient feels so lifeless

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

t0aine posted:

God drat are you people like 16

:ironicat:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

christmas shopping at such stores used to be nice. i know a lot of money is still spent in stores for holiday seasons but it's not the same. rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a.lo posted:

• Locked thread