Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

KungFu Grip posted:

HM to Mysterio/Bandido/Fenix vs Bucks & Ibushi. I thought more people would have nominated that but i guess not.

2nd. Really fun even with them having to go into double time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TTBF posted:

I'm still going through All In (was moving while it happened) so HM to Janela vs Page

Nth

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

HM to Mysterio/Bandido/Fenix vs Bucks & Ibushi. I thought more people would have nominated that but i guess not.

yeah i'll nth that, it was fun as heck

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Jordan Devlin vs. Kenny Williams, Discovery Wrestling Live, 2/9

Holy poo poo. Amazing cruiserweight spotfest that you need to check out asap.

HM: Joe Coffey (c) vs. Christopher Saynt (Y Division Championship), Discovery Wrestling Live, 2/9

The House of Saynt are the biggest pieces of poo poo in Scotland and Joe Coffey is the greatest wrestler in Scotland. I booed myself hoarse at Saynt, and there was so much interference but it didn’t feel overbooked, it felt loving scary and brilliant and it only misses out on MOTYC status because the interference won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. I loved it though.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 2, 2018

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i fell asleep after Joey Ryan came out so here's my nominations for half of the night:
HM: Over Budget Battle Royal
HM: Stephen Amell vs. Christopher Daniels
HM: Joey Janela vs. Hangman

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just finished All In and I guess I'm mostly with the consensus

HM: Page/Janela
HM: Okada/Scurll
MOTYC: Omega/Penta
HM: Golden Elite/luchadores

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

second, really enjoyed it for what it was!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't think it's worth any nominations, but Marifuji and Hideo Itami had a match last night at NOAH's 20th Anniversary show. It's one of the few times you'll see a WWE guy outside of EVOLVE or the UK Indies they're affiliated with so it's worth checking out on that merit alone

As far as the match goes, it's their typical NOAH/NJPW slow build match. Kind of drags on, doesn't stack up to their previous matches but has some gross looking kicks from Marifuji. Match is around 45 minutes long.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

Just finished All In and I guess I'm mostly with the consensus

HM: Page/Janela
HM: Okada/Scurll
MOTYC: Omega/Penta
HM: Golden Elite/luchadores

NTH.

The show as a whole was a lot better than I expected it to be. Not saying I expected it to suck, but I didn't think it would be that good. Okada vs Scurll was so much better than I was expecting. That match teetered on the edge of a MOTYC.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 3, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Got to watch most of All In

HM: Janela/Page
MOTYC: Penta/Omega
MOTYC: Bucks/Ibushi vs Rey/Rey/Bandido

You could have a slightly better 12 minute match but it'd be tough. Remember, Savage/Steamboat was 14.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Meiko Satomura vs Killer Kelly, Mae Young Classic: 9/5/18

Meiko is so loving good holy poo poo.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

MassRafTer posted:

You could have a slightly better 12 minute match but it'd be tough. Remember, Savage/Steamboat was 14.

Same for these

DarkstarIV posted:

And this

Couldn't believe how quick Meiko is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

3rd

HM Johnny Gargano vs Dream NXT TV 9/5/18

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

HM Johnny Gargano vs Dream NXT TV 9/5/18

Seconding this. I love that NXT gives really good matchups plenty of time and decisive endings

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maybe it's just too long since I saw some fresh New Japan, but:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii & Will Ospreay vs. Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi at Road to Destruction Korokuen Hall - 9/7

This was supposed to just be a kind of filler show on the road to a major show, but the crowd was hot and all four guys just threw it all out there and it made for a really exciting match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii & Will Ospreay vs. Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi at Road to Destruction Korokuen Hall - 9/7

This was supposed to just be a kind of filler show on the road to a major show, but the crowd was hot and all four guys just threw it all out there and it made for a really exciting match.

2nd, that was insane

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed

Please someone book Ibushi vs Ospreay or Omega vs Ospreay

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Not that it's needed at this point but nth. This was a drat good match, especially considering this was just a 'road to' show, but all the guys were motivated as hell. Heck, Ishii was so motivated he massively overshot his pinfall breakup after the swandive german on Ospreay.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM:

MICROMAN, EL GALLITO Y EL GUAPITO
vs
CHAMUEL, PERICO ZAKARÍAS Y MIJE

9/7 CMLL

Micro Man is so loving good now. Some of his headscissors are mind blowing for a person with such limited movement.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Second, also, I'm going to be spicy and drop an MOTY nomination on Ishii and Ospreay vs Golden Lovers from the Road To Destruction

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

I Before E posted:

I'm going to be spicy and drop an MOTY nomination on Ishii and Ospreay vs Golden Lovers from the Road To Destruction
Seconded

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTY as well for Ishii and Will vs The Golden Lovers

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

MOTY as well for Ishii and Will vs The Golden Lovers

yeah same

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

What really pushed it to MOTY for me is a particular shot after an Ibushi/Ospreay acrobatic sequence, where Kenny moves towards Kota on the apron and tousles his hair before the two stare down Ospreay. Such a casual character move shot perfectly to cap off a great sequence.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Upgraded it to a MOTY nomination, which means that every MOTYC in September so far have featured Kenny Omega, and Kenny has two MOTYCs in the space of a week.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The All In Trios is one away from MOTY, someone should step up so Kenny isn't the only one with two MOTY candidates in 7 days

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth the All In Trios. Hail Satan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I Before E posted:

What really pushed it to MOTY for me is a particular shot after an Ibushi/Ospreay acrobatic sequence, where Kenny moves towards Kota on the apron and tousles his hair before the two stare down Ospreay. Such a casual character move shot perfectly to cap off a great sequence.

Did the ref count it as a tag?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Did the ref count it as a tag?

No

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

motyc alex colon vs masashi takeda gcw nick gage invitational

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate, Gate of Origin 2018

HM: Antias (Big R Shimizu, Ben-K, Shingo Takagi, Yasushi Kanda) vs. MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi, Dragon Kid, Kaito Ishida, Jason Lee)
HM: Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Natural Vibrations (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi) vs. Tribe Vanguard (Kagetora, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, U-T)
MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: YAMATO and BxB Hulk vs. Don Fujii and Ryo Saito

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

sure

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

oatgan posted:

third. Masashi Takeda is a WOTYC

Oh, and

MOTYC; Jun Kasai vs. Masashi Takeda (c) for the King of FREEDOMS Championship - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deatmatch Carnival - Crazy Monkey 20th Anniversary (8/28)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 10, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

HM: Antias (Big R Shimizu, Ben-K, Shingo Takagi, Yasushi Kanda) vs. MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi, Dragon Kid, Kaito Ishida, Jason Lee)
HM: Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Natural Vibrations (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi) vs. Tribe Vanguard (Kagetora, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, U-T)
MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: YAMATO and BxB Hulk vs. Don Fujii and Ryo Saito

Fell of Dragon Gate in the late 2000s and was surprised to see Don Fuji was still wrestling but he’s apparently only 48. Could have sworn he was that age a decade ago

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC; Jun Kasai vs. Masashi Takeda (c) for the King of FREEDOMS Championship - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deatmatch Carnival - Crazy Monkey 20th Anniversary (8/28)
Second, always nice to have quality wrestling mixed in with the good old-fashioned bloody fun.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I just realised I forgot to post the link to the Takeda/Kasai match lol

https://rutube.ru/video/13c87f37a8654e22d4d57c9ca246c9cd/

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

Yes

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Thinking about it, gonna throw out an HM to the Dream Gate Match.

HM: Open the Dream Gate Championship: Masato Yoshino vs. Takashi Yoshida

Yoshino got a good 25 minute singles match out of Cyber Kong, which is an achievement deserving of some sort of recognition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Masashi Takeda is WOTY

agreed

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 11, 2018