Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

I Before E posted:

They're the ones who watch Mr. Show instead of Python

Oh, so we're taking poo poo about Mr. Show now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Holy crap I didn't know Juergen' It it existed but Secret Life of an American Teenager is one of the fuckin craziest shows that was made, time to binge

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Goon Danton posted:

I love the F Plus and knew Lou had his own thing, but I didn't realize there was a whole universe of F Plus adjacent projects. What are good podcasts to get into, and good episodes to introduce me to them?
There's Song Crimes, which is Jimmyfranks and Cheapskate (An Actual Lawyer) discussing popular songs that admit to crimes. There are only 14 episodes and they're pretty short but funny. You can find an episode that covers a song you know or just start from the beginning.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Djeser posted:

In terms of non-ridiculist projects, I know there's the Extra Credits podcast that does the docs that F Plus don't, and there's Ephemera which is more like Radiolab-style essays about strange internet phenomena.

Some pretty weird stuff in Ephemera, thanks for the heads-up.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

Oh, so we're taking poo poo about Mr. Show now?

Mr. Show is great, but annoying people are drawn like flies to sketch comedy. See the local improv scene in every American city.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Actually, the Minneapolis scene is pretty dang good.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Djeser posted:

For other F Plus projects, there's Adjudicated Guess which is basically QI but the guests are dumber, and there's Irregular, which are interviews with people who are into the sorts of things you'd find on The F Plus. There's also Quite Exasperating, which is basically QI but the questions are all about poorly-written internet posts. All three are short enough that you can just start from the top.

In terms of non-ridiculist projects, I know there's the Extra Credits podcast that does the docs that F Plus don't, and there's Ephemera which is more like Radiolab-style essays about strange internet phenomena. I haven't listened to either so I can't recommend them, but I can recommend Juergen' It, which is an episode-by-episode podcast going through The Secret Life of the American Teenager, which is a teen drama so bad it frequently crosses the line into full-on absurdism. Also makes sense to start from the beginning here; the first couple episodes of the show pull some wacky poo poo.

I listened to a couple episodes of Ephemera today, and can absolutely recommend it if you like the idea of F Plus subjects being researched and presented seriously. Think of it as an internet oddity podcast instead of a comedy podcast.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Ephemera has a pretty good episode on Goon Island, for anyone who wants a stroll down that particular lane of memory.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Ephemera has a pretty good episode on Goon Island, for anyone who wants a stroll down that particular lane of memory.

Goons who wanted to fund a micronation Island, or Goons living in the Hawaiian jungle Island?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The latter.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I was trawling Amazon for review lols and stumbled into the world of grounding/earthing products. Seems like the kind of thing someone might've made a doc about on, like, day one of the f plus, but I'm surprised there's not an episode about these folks.

Q: Can I over-Earth myself? I sleep on a full body Earthing sheet and also at times use the Earthing mat on the floor at my computer. I noticed that my toes and fingers have become very sensitive. Last night I did not earth myself and my toes are fine.

A: The question to ask is this: can you be barefoot on the Earth too much?
[...]
If you are taking any medications, it is possible that the normalization process could be creating a situation where the level of dosage has become excessive. The body is functioning better, so you may need less of a particular medication. This is a definite possibility. If you suspect this to be the case you should consult with your doctor and discuss the possibility of reducing medication. Please refer to our Earthing reports on our website to read about Earthing and medication. The body takes as many electrons from the Earth as it needs. It uses up electrons in many metabolic processes, including the basic process of cellular energy production, so there is always a demand for more. If you are grounding yourself on a routine basis, you are, in a sense, topping up your tank.

:catstare:

go earth yourself

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

doctor: [looks in my ear] hmm yeah your electrons are all used up. have you been touching dirt lately?
doctor: i'm a good real doctor btw

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
someone's been spending too much time in The Mud Alcove of Groundly Pleasures

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

china bot posted:

someone's been spending too much time in The Mud Alcove of Groundly Pleasures

oH GODDAMNIT

That thing was loving infuriating. It needed a jerkoff motion on a jumbotron running the whole time. I was so glad that the MVP reply happened because JESUS CHRIST.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Sitting Here posted:

I was trawling Amazon for review lols and stumbled into the world of grounding/earthing products. Seems like the kind of thing someone might've made a doc about on, like, day one of the f plus, but I'm surprised there's not an episode about these folks.

Q: Can I over-Earth myself? I sleep on a full body Earthing sheet and also at times use the Earthing mat on the floor at my computer. I noticed that my toes and fingers have become very sensitive. Last night I did not earth myself and my toes are fine.

A: The question to ask is this: can you be barefoot on the Earth too much?
[...]
If you are taking any medications, it is possible that the normalization process could be creating a situation where the level of dosage has become excessive. The body is functioning better, so you may need less of a particular medication. This is a definite possibility. If you suspect this to be the case you should consult with your doctor and discuss the possibility of reducing medication. Please refer to our Earthing reports on our website to read about Earthing and medication. The body takes as many electrons from the Earth as it needs. It uses up electrons in many metabolic processes, including the basic process of cellular energy production, so there is always a demand for more. If you are grounding yourself on a routine basis, you are, in a sense, topping up your tank.

:catstare:

go earth yourself

I crossposted this in the pseudoscience thread.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Midnight Voyager posted:

oH GODDAMNIT

That thing was loving infuriating. It needed a jerkoff motion on a jumbotron running the whole time. I was so glad that the MVP reply happened because JESUS CHRIST.
"Red semen" is a beautiful phrase. It takes a special kind of poet to combine such an overwrought metaphor with such lazy literalism.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 5, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1037899168176631808

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Every goddamn time I think they've run out of weird fetishes to explore hahaha

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
New stickers too, and they're real humdingers.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

SHAVE THE WHALES

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"We're going to Wikipedia"

Just some definition stuff then?

"There's a user named..."

:allears:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamnit, I have short hair to ward off gross dudes, but they'll jerk it to anything

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
the turnaround on this doc gave me whiplash. I'm so glad they seemed to have fun with it.

also!

hey new extra credit. this time renowned content provider Mix is on the other side of the mic

https://thefmin.us/text-of-kin/

kin bullshit!!! :D

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

goddamnit internet

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

oH GODDAMNIT

Wut?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Goddamnit, I have short hair to ward off gross dudes, but they'll jerk it to anything

You basically can't win.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I don't remember it either, but I'm pretty sure it's a guy from the squatting episode who really liked going barefoot.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
The group shave-gasm at the end fuckin killed me

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The EDIT POINT in this is pretty good

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm impressed by just how lovely that edit was.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm impressed by just how lovely that edit was.

A lovely edit was promised, and a lovely edit was delivered, dammit! Principle!

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

[turns around in chair] waiter, edit point!!!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Djeser posted:

For other F Plus projects, there's Adjudicated Guess which is basically QI but the guests are dumber, and there's Irregular, which are interviews with people who are into the sorts of things you'd find on The F Plus. There's also Quite Exasperating, which is basically QI but the questions are all about poorly-written internet posts. All three are short enough that you can just start from the top.

In terms of non-ridiculist projects, I know there's the Extra Credits podcast that does the docs that F Plus don't, and there's Ephemera which is more like Radiolab-style essays about strange internet phenomena. I haven't listened to either so I can't recommend them, but I can recommend Juergen' It, which is an episode-by-episode podcast going through The Secret Life of the American Teenager, which is a teen drama so bad it frequently crosses the line into full-on absurdism. Also makes sense to start from the beginning here; the first couple episodes of the show pull some wacky poo poo.

Also I Don't Even Own a Television featuring occasional ridiculous J.W. Friedman which is like the F Plus for lovely books.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Youth Decay posted:

Also I Don't Even Own a Television featuring occasional ridiculous J.W. Friedman which is like the F Plus for lovely books.
Lemon himself is in the two best episodes.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

He also does interludes in the two-parter where they review the ICP book. The "here's a list of acts who have performed at the Gathering of the Juggalos" bit is of particular note.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I started listening to those because I was curious, and like halfway through I realized that for some reason I had them backwards and thought the big dude was Shaggy 2 Dope, and I have no idea why I thought that.

EDIT: I'm really glad that Lemon lost composure when he got to the name SUPER SMASH BROS

DemonTrigger fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 9, 2018

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I thought the same exact thing, and I have no idea why.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bad news: Cheapskate is a garbage person now

Re: Lindsay Ellis talking about getting harassed as a female Youtuber.

https://twitter.com/CheapskateShow/status/1038864095116578817

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Someone tweeted a lovely take, and now there is nothing that can redeem his tainted soul, for he has become the dreaded Garbage Person.

I'm not defending Cheapskate here, but that post is a handy little encapsulation of everything I loving loathe about Twitter and the people who use it.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Someone tweeted a lovely take, and now there is nothing that can redeem his tainted soul, for he has become the dreaded Garbage Person.

I'm not defending Cheapskate here, but that post is a handy little encapsulation of everything I loving loathe about Twitter and the people who use it.

100% the same. I hate how much every post on social media is a loving scarlet letter. Not to mention in like six years someone is going to rifle through every tweet he's ever made to look for the time he was a dickhead to a stranger and held that over his head for morality points.

It's an rear end in a top hat thing to say, but like, if you're an rear end in a top hat and people around you hear you be an rear end in a top hat, generally speaking you apologize and move the gently caress on. Online it loving haunts you forever.