Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope the drifter gives it to us up the rear end and we get a darkness subclass from the dildo inside the rock behind his ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Well, per the lore, those motes we bank are actually motes of darkness, so I'm pretty sure some dark guardian poo poo is going to go down eventually (so, Destiny 3, at the minimum)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Supposedly we're going to find out about the drifter in one of the little annual pass things coming up.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
All I know is that with a name like that I'll get a boner from shooting him

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

PathAsc posted:

Supposedly we're going to find out about the drifter in one of the little annual pass things coming up.

Yeah, Joker's Wild. It's going to be about the shadows of yor and all that cool stuff. Supposedly we're not getting any story missions anymore so maybe it's just going to be all lore dump

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

All I know is that with a name like that I'll get a boner from shooting up with him

FTFY

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

elpaganoescapa posted:

Yeah, Joker's Wild. It's going to be about the shadows of yor and all that cool stuff. Supposedly we're not getting any story missions anymore so maybe it's just going to be all lore dump

Patch notes:

-removed story missions
-added story driven missions

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

elpaganoescapa posted:

they very specifically didn't say that they weren't doing story missions, they said they are moving away from cinematic-driven storytelling like has been so criticized in Osiris and Warmind

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I like the cinematics, but gently caress put our guardians in them more when we're doing poo poo.

Like when we're on meth with the drifter in a seedy bar alley

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Gambit good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

I like the cinematics, but gently caress put our guardians in them more when we're doing poo poo.

Like when we're on meth with the drifter in a seedy bar alley

I like the Warmind cutscenes because it's really funny that Zavala either just teleported into the vault or took the service entrance and didn't tell anyone you could do that, just so he could put on his grumpiest face. The Guardian actively refuses to just teleport right to the objective and complete whatever in five seconds.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

I like the Warmind cutscenes because it's really funny that Zavala either just teleported into the vault or took the service entrance and didn't tell anyone you could do that, just so he could put on his grumpiest face. The Guardian actively refuses to just teleport right to the objective and complete whatever in five seconds.

Sloane threw him there from titan. No transmat needed.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

RBA Starblade posted:

The Guardian actively refuses to just teleport right to the objective and complete whatever in five seconds is a bloodthirsty genocidal murderer

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Does anybody know where to get a cheap key for rise of iron for d1? PSN wants the same price as the full game and that's ridiculous.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
gambit is good.. its like bungie took prison of elders, and said what if we make this actually good?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

not enough KEKSIS THE BETRAYED or SYLOK THE DEFILED

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AAB posted:

not enough KEKSIS THE BETRAYED or SYLOK THE DEFILED

Not enough claiming your friend's taint either

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

gambit is good.. its like bungie took prison of elders, and said what if we make this actually good?

Best part is it has matchmaking. Truly innovative stuff. :thunk:

edit - this is a clever reference to archon's forge and EP

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
https://gfycat.com/weightygrippingbuckeyebutterfly

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Destiny gifs are BACK awooooooooooo

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lol that filled me with so much anticipation

I would have choked

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i absolutely dont have that guy's patience i would have pulled the trigger like 4 different times and missed two dudes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
https://i.imgur.com/amrcnHy.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

im gonna shoot
im gonna shoot
im gonna shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

nnnahhhhahhhahggjgjgjgnnnnnnn

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
So where do I join this Gambit mode? I dont see it anywhere.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Full Metal Jackass posted:

So where do I join this Gambit mode? I dont see it anywhere.

Sorry, you're too late, the preview was only for 24 hours starting on Saturday. Gambit next unlocks on Tuesday and will require the expansion.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Welp

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

I just want a bow and arrow with explosive arrows. Okay?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Astrochicken posted:

Yes

And yes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just to clarify since articles about this poo poo are so wishywashy:

-- once I get Warmind/Osiris, new exotics are just outright added to the overall loot/engram table, along with those 5 strikes being added to the Strike playlist?

-- does Forsaken require Osiris/Warmind both installed?

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 3, 2018

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DLC Inc posted:

just to clarify since articles about this poo poo are so wishywashy:

-- once I get Warmind/Osiris, new exotics are just outright added to the overall loot/engram table, along with those 5 strikes being added to the Strike playlist?

-- does Forsaken require Osiris/Warmind both installed?

1) yes

2) yes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You straight up can't play the game without Osiris/Warmind installed. There's only one Destiny, and we all got the same copy. Only difference is if you've paid for the DLC or not.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Astrochicken posted:

If they don't or the arc bow doesn't fit you for that, just play warframe for that type of bow. It's loving dope.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

xzzy posted:

You straight up can't play the game without Osiris/Warmind installed. There's only one Destiny, and we all got the same copy. Only difference is if you've paid for the DLC or not.

I mean, you can still play Destiny 2, just not the dlc content. Otherwise making D2 the free PS+ game for this month would be pointless.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

qbert posted:

I mean, you can still play Destiny 2, just not the dlc content. Otherwise making D2 the free PS+ game for this month would be pointless.

he means you still gotta download the dlc content, so that if you run into a player using dlc weapons or whatever its no problem. Buying the dlc just unlocks it for your use.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

Your massage parlors!

PathAsc posted:

If they don't or the arc bow doesn't fit you for that, just play warframe for that type of bow. It's loving dope.

i have played a lot of warframe and i have a few bows forma'd out but I reached endgame and haven't really had the desire to go back.

Bungie needs to crib more weapon ideas from warframe imo.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Astrochicken posted:

i have played a lot of warframe and i have a few bows forma'd out but I reached endgame and haven't really had the desire to go back.

Bungie needs to crib more weapon ideas from warframe imo.

Give me an exotic that's basically the Lenz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
What exactly is the Bows gimmick exactly? They look hella rad but I'm not getting what exactly I'm supposed to do with them? Are they like secondary hand cannons but good? Faster firing but shorter range snipers? Grenade Launchers with more accuracy but less explosion radius?