Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
It's finally completed.

Magical Girl UNIVERSAL WOMAN's skills are fully upgraded! Now I just need to prepare to get her 2 remaining NPs come February. She has been quite the MVP for me this entire event. Being able to fire off her NP in near rapid succession is never a bad thing.

With the shop having been cleared out yesterday as well, I am officially done throwing apples and eating saint quartz at this event.

Lord Koth posted:

I think I'm seeing the issue, you're not using the event CEs. Though in seriousness, there are multiple female 5*s who should be perfectly capable of wiping the first wave even without the various attack boosts (especially with 1st turn NPs available) so not sure what issue you were having.

I beginning to suspect this is the reason for the others having trouble with the Prisma Family quest as well. Liz, Da Vinci, and Medb had no problem going through them all, although Da Vinci's ability to ignore invincibility and evade could have been the main reason for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
I used Waver x2 (holding 2030) + J'alter (sumo) for the bonus quest. None of them got below 50% hp, stuff died fast and easy. Maybe I got lucky that the only evade anyone managed to cast was eaten by J'alter's NP buff absorb thingy?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I used ibaraki douji, punch nun, and a friend medb

ibaraki and punch nun went down at some point and were replaced with euryale and rider martha

everyone had event stuff on

my strategy was to punch everything forever and it worked pretty well imo

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I used Altera and double Waver. Altera cares little for class disadvantage on 2 out of 3 waves. Nothing that 4 Photon Rays couldn't solve. Though that's probably indicative of Waver's absurd power more than anything.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 3, 2018

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Lord Koth posted:

I think I'm seeing the issue, you're not using the event CEs. Though in seriousness, there are multiple female 5*s who should be perfectly capable of wiping the first wave even without the various attack boosts (especially with 1st turn NPs available) so not sure what issue you were having.

Wait, do the event CEs even work for the Prisma Family fight? The description implies they only give the extra boost for raid battles specifically, and that isn't one.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

They work for all event nodes, not just the raids.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

The event CEs, from what I understand, provide a 'base' damage buff in all event quests, and then further buff Arts/Buster during raids.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Huh, good to know. I ended up clearing it pretty easily without the CEs anyway: Drake/Liz/Waver frontline to deal with wave 1, swap out Drake for Medea for wave 2, get Medea killed so Drake can come back for wave 3.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That's why Chloe can literally solo the fight. She deals 150k with her np without any buffs, and has Sure Hit to hit through evasion spam from Emiya.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kild posted:

Yeah Raikou's (or Chloe) probably better but I assumed they had survivability issues.

Mom has one turn of Evade on her Buster buff. Less survivability than Cu, but that's everybody but Hercules.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Dee Ehm posted:

Reminder that Medea will be really useful for an upcoming challenge quest during Nerofest, so if you haven't gotten her to level 70 and completed her strengthening quest I highly recommend that you do so. Preferably with skills leveled up to 6/6/6 (lower cooldown will be very helpful), but if you don't level her skills she'll still be a big help.

I've been using Medea with sapphire CE and it is insanely satisfying to just RULE BREAKER everything to hell and back. I wish she was stabbing people for over 60k outside of this event. But her exploits during this event did prompt me to bring her to 9/9/9. Glad it won't go to waste during Umufest.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://news.fate-go.jp/2018/zero_lap2/

Zero Accel rerun announced, I wonder if they’ll be another limited 4* Servant like with KnK

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

If anyone needs a big buster ST servant, my Kiyolancer currently has MLB Kaleid Ruby and I have some friend spots open

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Will any of the event CEs still be useful post-event or should I start thinking about replacements for them?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Will any of the event CEs still be useful post-event or should I start thinking about replacements for them?
The Kaleido Ruby/Sapphire CEs are generically decent NP damage CEs for Buster and Arts users, but overall IMO the only really great CE from Prisma is the 5* Miyu gacha CE.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Should I be limit breaking the ruby CE? I got one to drop so I have 5 but I’m not sure if it is worth it or if it’s better to have multiple servants with it equipped.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Should I be limit breaking the ruby CE? I got one to drop so I have 5 but I’m not sure if it is worth it or if it’s better to have multiple servants with it equipped.

Since you don't get the party-wide status buff outside this event, limit-break those suckers. They're good back-end damage buffs and are cheaper than say a Partake with the King or Limited Zero/Over.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nate RFB posted:

The Kaleido Ruby/Sapphire CEs are generically decent NP damage CEs for Buster and Arts users, but overall IMO the only really great CE from Prisma is the 5* Miyu gacha CE.

That's the only one I don't have :negative:
E: but the gacha did give me Nursery Rhyme so I can't complain too much.
E2: And Okeanos is finished! Let's see how much of London I can hellmarch through before the next event. I wish Asterios was as useful as he was cool in Okeanos.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 3, 2018

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Exia posted:

Zero Accel rerun announced, I wonder if they’ll be another limited 4* Servant like with KnK

Pfff, I'm sure I'll get a Waver with the 25 Rolls I have saved.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

I think I'm seeing the issue, you're not using the event CEs.

I think you're joking, but since other posters seem to have assumed you're not: The Kaleid CEs are the event CEs.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's the only one I don't have :negative:

Even if you had it needs to be max limit broken to be actually great, so it's basically whales only.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Exia posted:

Kayneth was in the PV forever ago, so maybe we'll get Sima Yi Kayneth. That or Diarmuid Saber.

What I'm really hoping for with this event is an Iskander strengthening quest. Napoleon just makes the dude look pathetic, since they basically do the same thing and their first two skills are even basically the same, just, uh.

Iskander: 20% Attack up to party for 3 turns, 5 turn cooldown
Napoleon: 20% attack up to party for 3 turns, 20% attack up to self for 1 turn, 5 turn cooldown

Iskander: 18% NP strength up to party for 1 turn, 5 turn cooldown
Napoleon: 20% NP strength up to party for 1 turn, 100% star drop rate to party for 1 turn

The only thing Iskander really has over Napoleon is a huge buster buff and an NP interlude, but Napoleon has a 30% NP Gauge charge and his NP does bonus damage to [Divine], so that about balances out. Of course, they're different classes, but when they're so similar (same cardset including NP, basically the same stats) it really stands out.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Endorph posted:

Kayneth was in the PV forever ago, so maybe we'll get Sima Yi Kayneth. That or Diarmuid Saber.

What I'm really hoping for with this event is an Iskander strengthening quest. Napoleon just makes the dude look pathetic, since they basically do the same thing and their first two skills are even basically the same, just, uh.

Iskander: 20% Attack up to party for 3 turns, 5 turn cooldown
Napoleon: 20% attack up to party for 3 turns, 20% attack up to self for 1 turn, 5 turn cooldown

Iskander: 18% NP strength up to party for 1 turn, 5 turn cooldown
Napoleon: 20% NP strength up to party for 1 turn, 100% star drop rate to party for 1 turn

The only thing Iskander really has over Napoleon is a huge buster buff and an NP interlude, but Napoleon has a 30% NP Gauge charge and his NP does bonus damage to [Divine], so that about balances out. Of course, they're different classes, but when they're so similar (same cardset including NP, basically the same stats) it really stands out.

I've seen a ton of people rooting for both Zerkalot and Iskandar animation renewals (it's about time) and at least one Iskandar strengthening. Here's hoping!

Gonna be real interesting to see what gets added and if we get any new folks out of this, though. Personally I don't think Sima Yi Kayneth is likely, because the reaction to Waver Zhu-ge in multiple Chinese territories was extremely negative, from what I understand. The Chinese markets seem to be pretty good to Fuggo so I suspect(/hope) that they'd take that feedback into consideration.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The issue with Waver isn't because FGO did Zhuge Liang, it's because Zhuge Liang is not a servant. It's just waver with servant powers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
napoleon was a better general so it makes sense :smug: :france:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Tae posted:

The issue with Waver isn't because FGO did Zhuge Liang, it's because Zhuge Liang is not a servant. It's just waver with servant powers.

yes that is what I meant

chinese folks were not happy to see a british guy as the sole representative of a cultural icon

i don't think they'll make that mistake twice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, it's not just that a chinese historical figure was a british guy, it's that it was the chinese historical figure. Zhuge Liang is one of the most revered figures in Chinese history to the point of sometimes being deified, only Guan Yu and a few extremely early figures get more play culturally.

Of course, they're kind of up a creek, now, because if they want to add any new figures from Shu - or indeed, pretty much any major Three Kingdoms figures in general, because tons of Wei and Wu figures have ties to Zhuge Liang, since Zhuge Liang basically ran Shu for most of his life - they're gonna have to work around the fact that they made Zhuge just some British guy. It was just an extraordinarily bad call in general, since it's made the most internationally famous part of Chinese history super awkward to work with. Their best options at this point are the Wu and Wei generals who mostly dealt with eachother, with little interaction with Shu, and that's the part of the period that people care the least about, as much as I'd whale for Caster Cao Pi.

And they definitely seem to be taking the Chinese market into consideration, since there were a lot more Chinese servants added basically as soon as the Chinese side of things started being profitable, and the next Lostbelt is entirely China themed and seems likely to be taking freaking Jing Ke out of mothballs.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 3, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
If they really wanted to they could just make another Zhuge Liang servant that isn't Waver.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"Now that I'm here for real give me back my powers you brat."
"No."

The skits write themselves..

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pierson posted:

"Now that I'm here for real give me back my powers you brat."
"No."

The skits write themselves..

"IF you can beat my speedrun in <parody of Super Mario Brothers title>!"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

We summon Zhuge Liang, but he comes with (regular) Waver's powers.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
My favorite bit of trivia about Waver is that when he grew up he got into playing video games and would write feedback to the developers about their game. Like, no, Waver, that's not how you play a video game buddy. You play it to have fun, not to be a playtester who works for free

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

My favorite bit of trivia about Waver is that when he grew up he got into playing video games and would write feedback to the developers about their game. Like, no, Waver, that's not how you play a video game buddy. You play it to have fun, not to be a playtester who works for free

Five minutes on the internet will tell you that no, the vast majority of people do indeed play video games so that they can complain about what they think is wrong with them.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gologle posted:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'm going to miss feather node when it's gone, first time I've ever had over 100 feathers

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

wasn't there some kind of outrage every time they introduce a chinese servant with the exception of maybe Yan Qing?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

wasn't there some kind of outrage every time they introduce a chinese servant with the exception of maybe Yan Qing?
... not really, no? I mean I'm sure some people complained about Lu Bu being some crappy 3* berserker, Wu Zetian being, her design, and Jing Ke being genderswapped for no real reason, but those aren't entirely unfounded complaints, and they're in the minority. And 'maybe' Yan Qing? ive seen like 17 chinese fanartists with him grailed to 100, lol.

Whenever you see rumors about 'Chinese OUTRAGE' about some Japanese game, take it with a huge grain of salt, because racist 2ch trolls sure love taking like, five Chinese tweets they manage to dig up, from obviously very extreme people, and pretending it's some huge moral panic and the Chinese hate the Japanese and are impossible to please so they should shut down the Chinese server and also here are my opinions on Nanking. There's a very complicated history between those two cultures, and Japanese pop culture is huge across the world right now, so obviously there's going to be some Chinese people with extreme positions and little charitable thought towards these types of things, and that complicated history is very easy to stoke in order to generate internet drama, so put those two things together and you get these kinds of rumors and stirrings.

The only thing I've ever seen any actual proof of the Chinese fanbase getting mad about in significant numbers is the Zhuge thing, and that's pretty understandable. And considering the guy's been in the game since launch and the game is very popular in China, it's clearly just 'this kind of sucks' and not 'this game should be burnt to the ground.'

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bholder posted:

Whenever any Japanese media portrays something Chinese in any way there will always be an outcry from a vocal minority; I don't think there's any way anyone can escape that.

That's not to say that FGO hasn't made a bunch of missteps with its Chinese servants, but outrage on its own shouldn't be taken as evidence that they've done anything wrong.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Isn't Sanzang also Chinese.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Isn't Sanzang also Chinese.

yes and so're li shuwen and nezha

so're sun wukong and qin shi huang, though they arent in the game yet, but they'll probably be in at some point since they've been brought up before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Couldn't they release an alternate outfit for Waver that's just Zhuge Liang taking the wheel?