Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Good ad for Corbyn, makes me want to move to the UK to vote for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

i say swears online posted:

lmao does stormont (and the two other devolved parliaments) not have the power to change time?

i think over 1/5 of the states deviate from the norm in some way, whether not recognizing DST or have geographic splits

Are you going to the let bureacrats in Brussels dictate to you which hour the hand of the clock is pointing to? Or will you Stand Up for Summertime, and use your new sovereignty to protect daylight savings time as it has been used in Britain for over a century?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

Are you going to the let bureacrats in Brussels dictate to you which hour the hand of the clock is pointing to? Or will you Stand Up for Summertime, and use your new sovereignty to protect daylight savings time as it has been used in Britain for over a century?
It was a European war that enslaved us to the tyranny of movable clocks. When we Brexit finally we can finally close the DORA on that whole sad chapter of our history.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1035918246325768192

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

No one gonna post about your dumb Islamophobic, transphobic balloon I guess?

You all deserve the hardest of brexits.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Did any of you guys have BAE or Raytheon visit your school when you were a kid to show off how badass their planes and missiles and stuff were?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/01/arms-industry-spending-millions-normalise-weapons-in-schools

quote:

Arms manufacturers are spending millions of pounds a year promoting their brands in Britain’s schools, the Observer has learned.

The companies, which between them have sold tens of billions of pounds of weapons to overseas governments, including those with poor human rights records, sponsor a series of school events at which their brands are prominently on display. In addition, they issue teaching materials for use in classrooms that promote the defence sector, sponsor competitions and award prizes.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bert Roberge posted:

Who gives a poo poo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

hakimashou posted:

Did any of you guys have BAE or Raytheon visit your school when you were a kid to show off how badass their planes and missiles and stuff were?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/01/arms-industry-spending-millions-normalise-weapons-in-schools

No, and I went to a super conservative school with a CCF and everything

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

I don't think it really deserves any attention, except to briefly lol that the people involved are still so mad about the weakest protest ever that they decided to copy it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imo a pooh bear balloon when the chinese emperor visits is much funnier and suitable lol

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Bert Roberge posted:

basically no-one turned up the the 'protest' and the whole thing was a flop in no way worth getting angry about

it was at it's worst a hilarious failure

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Bert Roberge posted:

why aren't armed militias attacking ICE camps?

you all deserve the Trumpreich

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

10 people went to the Khan baloon, it cost chuds several hundred thousand dollars and never trended anywhere

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nonsense posted:

10 people went to the Khan baloon, it cost chuds several hundred thousand dollars and never trended anywhere

how could that thing possibly cost several hundred thousand dollars?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

how could that thing possibly cost several hundred thousand dollars?

I'm not sure, probably grift, they raised $400,000.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think it really deserves any attention, except to briefly lol that the people involved are still so mad about the weakest protest ever that they decided to copy it.

It became a meme and you know how them Trump fellas love memes.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

corbyn rules

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Bert Roberge posted:

it isn't "our balloon" ya prick

it's a balloon that happened to be in our country + not even its target got worked up over, because it was so pathetic

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
it's like 99% probable that the Khan balloon people were hoping they'd be denied permission by the mayor's office so that they could become free speech martyrs

lol that they had to go through with it

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at that khan balloon thing and lol at khan's reaction.

there seem to be lots of idiots who are saying that London has never been unsafer etc. I know this is not true, but are they basing this on something? Or is it just racism?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Flying a Khan balloon and not getting stabbed by a thousand angry Muslims has got to be a huge letdown.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

Forgot about this so had to look it up and it's pretty great.

quote:

But Mr Bruere also expressed concern about the response to his stunt in comparison with "Baby Trump".

"With this campaign, I've been called far-right, and Nazi, and all this kind of thing," he said.

"None of it's true, obviously," he added.

quote:

online investigators at Bellingcat linked Mr Bruere to a deleted Twitter account with the handles @yanny1112 and later @allequal117 that promoted antisemitic conspiracy theories.

In April last year, the user claimed that “the Jews” were “in control…you’re not allowed to speak about them”, with the hashtag #jewsruntheworld.

The account also shared conspiracy theories, including those claiming that “Isis was created by Israel” and that Auschwitz was a “fabrication”.

:thunk:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

oliwan posted:

lol at that khan balloon thing and lol at khan's reaction.

there seem to be lots of idiots who are saying that London has never been unsafer etc. I know this is not true, but are they basing this on something? Or is it just racism?

Crime is up from historic lows, as the Conservatives have cut police funding with the same relish they've cut everything else.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its time to expel hodge

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

its time to expel hodge

Nah she's just signposting her path to irrelevance, better it be done by her local constituency through neutral selection processes so that if anyone causes a stink they have to accuse the majority of the CLP of being anti-semites sexists or something.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They really are overplaying their hand with the antisemitism smear.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1036492048201932801

brexit means brexit

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

namesake posted:

Nah she's just signposting her path to irrelevance, better it be done by her local constituency through neutral selection processes so that if anyone causes a stink they have to accuse the majority of the CLP of being anti-semites sexists or something.

They will absolutely do this and the media will report uncritically on the CLP that has been taken over by neo-nazis.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Oh BoJo, the match is only fixed because you and yours are incompetent, no matter how hard you try.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dance Officer posted:

Oh BoJo, the match is only fixed because you and yours are incompetent, no matter how hard you try.

how can a man so determined to launch leadership bids, keep flubbing them with such frequency and people keep taking him seriously

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its amazing how being in the media spotlight so much can normalise your appearance, because Johnson is an utterly ridiculous human being that wouldn't be taken that seriously if he had a normal boring job

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Most people's experience of him is as an occasional presencen on the TV pleasantly burbling something banal they agree with, in contrast to a serious politician futilely explaining that the world no longer jumps when Britain snaps its fingers.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
A reminder that Londoners elected that guy to be mayor of their city

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dance Officer posted:

I liked the video in which is he was cracking up after corbyn recommend to May that Trump should take over the Brexit negotiations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jBrereton posted:

purely off him being a LEJEERRRND on hignfy

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Soooo no deal Brexit must be almost a certainty or they wouldn't even mention the possibility right?

lol at the impending economic collapse all being caused by "aaaahhhh foreigners!"

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Mackers posted:

Soooo no deal Brexit must be almost a certainty or they wouldn't even mention the possibility right?

lol at the impending economic collapse all being caused by "aaaahhhh foreigners!"

nobody actually knows but on the other hand if they were making good progress they'd probably be tooting their own horn about it so uh

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Gorn Myson posted:

Its amazing how being in the media spotlight so much can normalise your appearance, because Johnson is an utterly ridiculous human being that wouldn't be taken that seriously if he had a normal boring job

that’s not fair I’m sure he would be taken very seriously as a banker

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

jBrereton posted:

don't blame me. I voted for the raving anti-semite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Corbyn will absorb the entirety of the blame for Brexit and the left will have to own it for years