Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i wish grand fromage finished the Let's play Cities: Skylines! thread. It was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Is there any decent, finished, War of the Chosen LP around? Bonus points if the LPer is good at the game and explains their moves, but not necessarily an Impossible/ironman/self imposed challenges run

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Anyone aware of a decent Phantom Doctrine LP? Ideally a knowledgeable player, similar to the Jade Star XCom LPs, instead of a blind run.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GrayDorian posted:

Anyone aware of a decent Phantom Doctrine LP? Ideally a knowledgeable player, similar to the Jade Star XCom LPs, instead of a blind run.

Didn't that JUST come out?

Fake edit: Aug 14

Nvm. But to your question, nope, but one month doesn't get you to be super knowledgeable about a game like that, if you ask me.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

GrayDorian posted:

The issue is it's a really simple game to break, and a really tedious one to play "smart", at the moment. Heck, it might just be a really tedious one in general with some great ideas and terribly flawed execution.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
That's a valid point, I didn't realize it was such a recent release

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I think Jade Star's been playing it, if you have time to catch his streams.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Are there any good LPs of Uncharted: Lost Legacy? I loved the rest of Chip and Ironicus's Uncharted LPs but they're doing MGS5 at the moment.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey, so there are obv a lot of Stellaris LPs out there, both on- and off-site, but none of them seem to have clicked with me. My perfect LP would be something a bit informative, with some narrative but not page long prose, and, importantly, funny. I also know how easy it is for these LPs to be lolrandom/wacky funny and I don't like that. Also screeshots, not text-based.

I know that's a lot of demands, but if someone can share something that comes close, I'd certainly appreciate it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Okay, I just finished reading the fantastic Restaurant Empire LP, and now I'm in the mood for something horror-y.

What are the best horror LPs? Recent ones would be preferable as I've been through the LP archive multiple times, but - heck, I'm desperate, rec me anything that's spooky. Screenshots, videos, hit me.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay, I just finished reading the fantastic Restaurant Empire LP, and now I'm in the mood for something horror-y.

What are the best horror LPs? Recent ones would be preferable as I've been through the LP archive multiple times, but - heck, I'm desperate, rec me anything that's spooky. Screenshots, videos, hit me.

I've never been one for horror myself, which might make this recommendation a bit odd, but I can't let a request for horror LPs go by without bringing up SelenicMartian's Blackstone Chronicles LP.

It's a very unorthodox game when compared to what you'd normally think of as "horror", but that's exactly what made it appeal to me. It's a very different take that doesn't rely on horror standards like jumpscares and that kind of stuff, and delivers an absolutely spine-tingling experience.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TheMcD posted:

I've never been one for horror myself, which might make this recommendation a bit odd, but I can't let a request for horror LPs go by without bringing up SelenicMartian's Blackstone Chronicles LP.

It's a very unorthodox game when compared to what you'd normally think of as "horror", but that's exactly what made it appeal to me. It's a very different take that doesn't rely on horror standards like jumpscares and that kind of stuff, and delivers an absolutely spine-tingling experience.

I've watched that one! ... Not all the way to the end, it is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Maybe I'll be braver this time? -- But yes, it is an incredible LP and thank you for the reminder that it exists.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know what you just said, but on the off chance you haven't heard of it before, Chewbot's LP of Animal Crossing definitely qualifies here.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've watched that one! ... Not all the way to the end, it is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Maybe I'll be braver this time? -- But yes, it is an incredible LP and thank you for the reminder that it exists.

Have you seen the Clock Tower Horror Hour? I swear every SuddenJavelin touches turns to gold. *touched. ;_;

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lacedaemonius posted:

Have you seen the Clock Tower Horror Hour? I swear every SuddenJavelin touches turns to gold. *touched. ;_;

Wait, what happened to Arthur D Wolfe? I love his LPs, and I know he's been silent, but... did something happen? :ohdear:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Wait, what happened to Arthur D Wolfe? I love his LPs, and I know he's been silent, but... did something happen? :ohdear:

edit: For an actual recommendation I'd go with DumbRodent's LP of Dead Space or Davidspackage's LP of Amnesia: Machine for Pigs or his excellent SOMA LP.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 11, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

discworld is all I read posted:

edit: For an actual recommendation I'd go with DumbRodent's LP of Dead Space or Davidspackage's LP of Amnesia: Machine for Pigs or his excellent SOMA LP.

Oh, poo poo. :ohdear:

Thanks for the recs and the info, fingers crossed for Arthur.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Does anyone have any good lets plays (or streams) of Dragon Quest XI? Doesn't have to be informative just have someone who isn't super annoying to listen to and watch play the game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ArthurWolfe/status/1040193894603018242

:woop:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So now he can finish the ALF speedrun competition

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

So now he can finish the ALF speedrun competition

We want him to live, not immediately go back down!!!!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Any recommendations for informative Silent Hill video LPs?

Want to revisit that town, but on in the background, ideally from someone who knows the lore and the different endings/paths. I know Voidburger did one but it was subtitled so not suitable for background. And the Run Button guys did theirs blind and babbly. (No offense.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm doing a no-no and promoting myself because Baldurk has been busy so it's not on the LP Archive (even though I did it a year ago). I did one!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 17, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I'm doing a no-no and promoting myself because Baldurk has been busy so it's not on the LP Archive (even though I did it a year ago). I did one!

I'll second this as a good LP, worth your time!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Neat, looks like my vibe, AND knows about the Kindergarten Cop references. Thanks!

no one narc

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CJacobs posted:

Did you finish that one?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'm still eagerly awaiting those lore videos.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 17, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CJacobs posted:

I think the rules on that got relaxed enough that if someone asks for a specific game you're allowed to say you did one. The no self promotion thing is more like when someone says "any funny JRPG screenshot LPs" you shouldn't chime in with "here's my hilarious LP of Final Fantasy 27 that I do completely in character as a bird."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
correct. i've also referred people to my back catalog a few times already when they ask for stuff and nobody's complained.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Skwirl posted:

I think the rules on that got relaxed enough that if someone asks for a specific game you're allowed to say you did one. The no self promotion thing is more like when someone says "any funny JRPG screenshot LPs" you shouldn't chime in with "here's my hilarious LP of Final Fantasy 27 that I do completely in character as a bird."

I wouldn't mind reading that. We need more gimmick lps.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Skwirl posted:

Excited for the next Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon narrative LP.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mega64 posted:

Especially since it was announced for Switch in the latest Direct, IIRC.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Skwirl posted:

:yeah:

This is a thing that happened. The OP's rules have even been updated to reflect that:

"Do not recommend/plug your thread or one that you are guesting in unprompted. This is probatable, bear in mind. This is not the self-promotion thread. However, if someone puts in a recommendation request for an LP and you sincerely believe that an LP you've done or are working on would fit the bill for it, you are free to suggest it. Abuse of this loophole will result in a probation, however."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Skwirl posted:

cheepy cheep cheep :mad:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

VagueRant posted:

Any recommendations for informative Silent Hill video LPs?

Not a recommendation for an LP, but I found a compilation of music from 2 and 3 titled Silent Chill. :3:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Skwirl posted:

Let's Play Chickobo Emperor Rasputin's Pro Menu Navigator XIII did not live up to its title.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Mega64 posted:

If someone did a Chocobo Dungeon LP written in the purple prose-style of H.P. Lovecraft (minus the thinly-veiled racism, natch), I would never want to read anything else.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
So the recent release of Bard's Tale 4 made me realize I never finished the last hydra-on-a-grid throwback RPG we got: Might & Magic X Legacy.

I got a few dungeons in back when it was release but apparently my save has gone poof. I don't particularly feel like picking it back up right now so I'd like a nice LP to watch. Does anyone know if there are any good ones? Preferences:
- Doesn't read the game text in a funny voice. Or at all.
- Not played blind, or if blind then very competently and without getting lost, taking wrong turns, dying repeatedly or otherwise massively loving up.
- On the harder difficulty setting.
- I don't mind if the LPer is an obsessive, squeeky-voiced nerd -- it's a Might & Magic game -- but preferably one not completely without personality.

Searching on youtube led to a couple of LPs but watching the intro episodes there was nothing that made me want to stick with any them. I might've misjudged someone, though, so feel free to recommend me an LP you liked that doesn't do all those things.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Is there a decent LP of the (original) Paper Mario anywhere? Video ideally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
What's wrong with the one on the Archive? Most folks seemed to enjoy it.