Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Vargo posted:

I just last-minute joined a 12-person league full of Pats fans with a 22-man roster and a week 17 championship.

So, here's what my team would look like in a normal, 16-man roster situation:

Here's how I filled out those other ridiculous bench spots:

I am in love with this team and I can't wait to lose a stupid loving Week 17 Championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Someone took Jared Goff 3rd overall in my league.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mexican Radio posted:

One of the things I like about Yahoo's new lifetime ranking system is it could be used to have "newer player" leagues where there's a cap on the rating level. I might be in the minority, but I hate being in a league I can steamroll. I want at least 66% of a 12 team league to be cutthroat hardcore players... maybe they'll also have minimum lifetime ranking leagues for me

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Mexican Radio posted:

The guy who had the first overall pick in my main league took Ty Montgomery in the third round and the picks basically just got worse from there.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Behold, my glorious GoonTier B draft:

0.5ppr

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, R/W/T, 2LB, DL, 2DB, DP

(1) 6 Alvin Kamara, NO RB
(2) 19 Devonta Freeman, Atl RB
(3) 30 LeSean McCoy, Buf RB
(4) 43 Marvin Jones Jr., Det WR
(5) 54 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
(6) 67 Alfred Morris, SF RB
(7) 78 Robby Anderson, NYJ WR
(8) 91 Telvin Smith, Jax LB
(9) 102 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
(10) 115 Reshad Jones, Mia S
(11) 126 Keelan Cole, Jax WR
(12) 139 Danny Trevathan, Chi LB
(13) 150 Eric Kendricks, Min LB
(14) 163 Justin Simmons, Den S
(15) 174 DJ Moore, Car WR
(16) 187 Linval Joseph, Min DT
(17) 198 O.J. Howard, TB TE
(18) 211 Calvin Ridley, Atl WR
(19) 222 Chris Ivory, Buf RB
(20) 235 Christian Kirk, Ari WR

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Last draft of the season, 10 team, 0.5 ppr league. I now own shares of Cooper, Penny, and Harrison Butker in all of my leagues.

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Alvin Kamara
RB: Joe Mixon
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Amari Cooper
TE: Trey Burton
Flex: Chris Hogan
K/D: dudes

Bench:
Lamar Miller
Marquise Goodwin
Kerryon Johnson
Rashaad Penny
Bilal Powell
Tyler Lockett
Patrick Mahomes

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

schmitty9800 posted:

Hope none of you are doing the nfl.com hellscape fantasy site as for some reason nobody can draft there tonight

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008714054-9-2-FANTASY-MAINTENANCE-ERROR-WORKING-TO-RESOLVE

I joined a work league this year which is my first exposure to nfl.com for fantasy football and this has to be the worst interface I’ve ever seen :eng99:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Anything to care about with Gates signing with the Chargers?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Peterman is starting QB for BUF.

Fire up your BALs, SDs and MINs.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Should I trade Al Morris for Goodwin in a .33 PPR league. I am pretty stacked at RB and woefully lacking in WR I am just not sure how to value Morris and whether someone like Goodwin is a good return or if I should shoot higher. Here is my current squad (need to cut at least 2 for a kicker/defense)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I joined a work league this year which is my first exposure to nfl.com for fantasy football and this has to be the worst interface I’ve ever seen :eng99:

1 or 2 years ago, Justin Forsett was a surprise cut and had been going in mid-rounds of drafts.

For the next day (I think it was the Sunday after preseason week 4, so prime draft day) drafting Forsett in an NFL.com draft froze the system and could not be unfrozen. Since he was still ranked, that means any draft with at least 1 autodrafter would inevitably pick Forsett and wreck the draft.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Should I trade Al Morris for Goodwin in a .33 PPR league. I am pretty stacked at RB and woefully lacking in WR I am just not sure how to value Morris and whether someone like Goodwin is a good return or if I should shoot higher. Here is my current squad (need to cut at least 2 for a kicker/defense)

Package Breida and Morris together and shoot higher than Goodwin for sure.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Package Breida and Morris together and shoot higher than Goodwin for sure.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

1 or 2 years ago, Justin Forsett was a surprise cut and had been going in mid-rounds of drafts.

For the next day (I think it was the Sunday after preseason week 4, so prime draft day) drafting Forsett in an NFL.com draft froze the system and could not be unfrozen. Since he was still ranked, that means any draft with at least 1 autodrafter would inevitably pick Forsett and wreck the draft.

Yeah it was two years ago. I remember because someone in my league hosed off with a couple of rounds to go and their autodraft took him and suddenly the draft was over. I didn't get Justin Tucker because of that. :mad:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
NFL.com also wont load if you have a VPN apparently, which is a new annoyance this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sorry I didn't get an update out. I'm exhausted. Aside from Morris nothing really changed and most updates take longer than a few days.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I definitely want a flier on mike Williams over Chris Godwin right

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well even though one of the other teams is in this thread, I'm asking anyways.

Part 2 of my dynasty startup draft is in a couple of days. I shot my wad early despite plans not to $$$ wise (salary cap), of course. So, I have $56 out of $1000 left. Most of the other teams average $130-$175 left. So, I guess we all kinda did the same thing. But, there are 2 teams with $250 left. I've got the following trades on the table:

My Jarvis Landry ($144) for TY Hilton ($133)
My Melvin Gordon ($159) for Marvin Jones ($62) as a salary dump OR Melvin for Marvin ($62) & Tevin Coleman ($52)

Landry trade would free up $9. If I did Gordon for Marvin (I don't like Coleman ), that would free up $97. Would put me at $162 and back on par with everyone.

However, these are the best players available:

quote:

RB: Chris Carson, Crowell, Chris Thompson, Morris, Breida, Wilkins, Gore, Clement, Chubb, backups etc

WR: Kupp, Crowder, Garcon, Fuller, Funchess, etc

TE : Reed, Njoku, Rudolph, Doyle, etc

Fish Bowl rules. 6pt passing TDs, -4 INTs, 0.5 PPR/0.5 first down for RB/WR, 1 PPR/1 First Down for TE.

10% increase annually on player contracts

Here's my current $56 left lineup:

quote:

QB: Carson Wentz($156)
RB: Melvin Gordon ($159)
RB: Jordan Howard ($125)
WR: Mike Evans ($108)
WR: Jarvis Landry ($144)
WR: not drafted yet
TE: Zach Ertz ($122)
FLEX: Peyton Barber ($13, was a steal)
FLEX: Tarik Cohen ($33, high scoring in this format)
Super Flex: Philip Rivers ($42)

Bench:
Derek Carr ($40)
15 more spots to draft

I want to stay competitive, but I don't want to nuke my team for years to come either. I spent a lot of money on Wentz & Ertz, but I knew that going into the draft. Jarvis Landry kinda screwed things up. I got Evans for a steal, that was after Landry and I couldn't not grab Evans for that price.

What do I do?

I think the Landry for TY trade is a definite green light cause I think TY is gonna kill it in this format for 1st downs. Luck is obsessed with him. Then the added bonus for $9 savings. And TY is a better bet with Luck's health than Landry with Tyrod.

Just not so sure that the added depth is worth the loss of a top 5 RB1. Caaaause, those players aren't all that special.

89 fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 3, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hahahahahaha the season hasn't even started yet and you have trades going. Good lord.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

pubic works project posted:

Hahahahahaha the season hasn't even started yet and you have trades going. Good lord.

I don't mess around, cuz / this dynasty auction salary thing is throwing me off, first time

89 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 3, 2018

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Well even though one of the other teams is in this thread, I'm asking anyways.

Part 2 of my dynasty startup draft is in a couple of days. I shot my wad early despite plans not to $$$ wise (salary cap), of course. So, I have $56 out of $1000 left. Most of the other teams average $130-$175 left. So, I guess we all kinda did the same thing. But, there are 2 teams with $250 left. I've got the following trades on the table:

My Jarvis Landry ($144) for TY Hilton ($133)
My Melvin Gordon ($159) for Marvin Jones ($62) as a salary dump OR Melvin for Marvin ($62) & Tevin Coleman ($52)

Landry trade would free up $9. If I did Gordon for Marvin (I don't like Coleman ), that would free up $97. Would put me at $162 and back on par with everyone.

However, these are the best players available:

Fish Bowl rules. 6pt passing TDs, -4 INTs, 0.5 PPR/0.5 first down for RB/WR, 1 PPR/1 First Down for TE.

10% increase annually on player contracts

Here's my current $56 left lineup:

I want to stay competitive, but I don't want to nuke my team for years to come either. I spent a lot of money on Wentz & Ertz, but I knew that going into the draft. Jarvis Landry kinda screwed things up. I got Evans for a steal, that was after Landry and I couldn't not grab Evans for that price.

What do I do?

I think the Landry for TY trade is a definite green light cause I think TY is gonna kill it in this format for 1st downs. Luck is obsessed with him. Then the added bonus for $9 savings. And TY is a better bet with Luck's health than Landry with Tyrod.

Just not so sure that the added depth is worth the loss of a top 5 RB1. Caaaause, those players aren't all that special.

Landry is worse than Hilton straight up, nevermind that he costs more. Easy accept. Trading Gordon as a salary dump is dumb, certainly when the players left aren't worth losing an RB1 over and you still have money to bid enough to get a couple of them of your choosing anyway.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

sourdough posted:

Landry is worse than Hilton straight up, nevermind that he costs more. Easy accept. Trading Gordon as a salary dump is dumb, certainly when the players left aren't worth losing an RB1 over and you still have money to bid enough to get a couple of them of your choosing anyway.

That's what I was leaning towards.

I'm new to Dynasty and Salary Cap. Seems like the reading I've done, there's such an emphasis on building your team for the future, that you don't really compete today. So, I'm trying to find that balance. I'm sure after Year 1, that Free Agency Auction is gonna be populated when people realize they don't wanna pay Antonio Brown 25% of their total budget.

In hindsight, I wish I would have done a snake rookie draft with random order for this year before our auction draft.

Barkley went for $200 😲

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm drafting in a standard scoring 8 team ESPN league but with rosters that are 2qb, 3rb, 3wr, 2w/r/t

Should I still go RB/QB/QB first? I have the second pick. Or focus more on RBs?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm drafting in a standard scoring 8 team ESPN league but with rosters that are 2qb, 3rb, 3wr, 2w/r/t

8 teams. I’m going RB/QB/QB. Will be way more taken left over in the RB position than QB later.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Who have you given up to grab James Conner today?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

8 teams. I’m going RB/QB/QB. Will be way more taken left over in the RB position than QB later.

Sounds good, thank you

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sounds good, thank you

That should have read “way more talent”. Stupid phone auto correct.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

That should have read “way more talent”. Stupid phone auto correct.

I figured it out lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Who have you given up to grab James Conner today?

Toyed with it but at most he’d play 1 game.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Eh, if you can grab a solid RB2 in the 3rd I'd go for it. 3 RBs required in 8-man is quite a lot in today's game. The drop-off between those RBs and the later round RBs/QB2s is substantial, imho as someone who is also in a low-man league. Not requiring a TE opens your 4th or 5th to a good QB pick.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

Toyed with it but at most he’d play 1 game.

Or the entire season if Bell actually sits until 2019.

I moved Clement, Michel, CJ Anderson for him so far.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
I have (give) Brandin Cooks and Aaron Jones for Adam Thielen on the table, 0.5 PPR redraft. Mash, correct? It hasn't been reported that his minor leg injury needs to be amputated or something right?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bobby Cox posted:

I have (give) Brandin Cooks and Aaron Jones for Adam Thielen on the table, 0.5 PPR redraft. Mash, correct? It hasn't been reported that his minor leg injury needs to be amputated or something right?

I'd pass personally. Thielen and Cousins don't seem to be connection and he was a target monster last year.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

the_american_dream posted:

I definitely want a flier on mike Williams over Chris Godwin right
No. Mike Williams might have some red zone value this season but Chris Godwin is a starting WR for the Bucs and has had a strong camp/preseason. I think Godwin is a much better breakout candidate.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Bobby Cox posted:

Nope. I like Cooks more than Thielen and Jones could end up taking over the GB backfield when he comes back.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
McCarthy chatting up Williams has me worried about Jones when he gets back but yeah I'm seeing now that Diggs is the guy to own in Minnesota, I'll hold off. Thanks y'all.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Goff had the most 40+ yard completed passes down the field last season.

I should have targeted Cooks more.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Would you guys prefer Kittle or Eifert as a starter TE? Eifert is playing Indianapolis to begin with, Kittle at Minnesota. This is a half PPR league that starts 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, and a flex.

Alternatively I could drop one of John Brown, Kenny Golladay, Tarik Cohen, or Adrian Peterson to grab both. Maybe John Brown but if he's healthy I think he has a solid chance at a bounce back season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

Goff had the most 40+ yard completed passes down the field last season.

I should have targeted Cooks more.

According to nfl.com hes tied for 4th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What the hell poo poo am I reading?