Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AGL Turles is the movie bosses lead

INT gogeta is a great pull, he's the super INT leader and his passive makes his attacks always act as if he's using the effective color against his target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Oh yeah also my game keeps crashing during Evil Powers Strike Back 22. Should I just reinstall?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

My 4 pulls on the Frieza banner were much kinder to me. I got:

PHY Cooler (Final Form)
INT Golden Frieza (Angel)
STR Frieza (Final Form)
PHY Android #17 (Future)
PHY Vegeta -- I think this might be a dupe of one I have?
AGL Vegeta (Giant Ape)
INT Turles -- This is the Movie Bosses lead right?

For the record my Goku banner pulls got me:

PHY Piccolo
SR Teq Jaco -- People have mentioned this guy, why is he good?
AGL Tapion (Hirudegarn) -- This guy is actually really good isn't he? Maybe this pull wasn't bad
INT Super Gogeta
AGL Super Saiyan Goku
TEQ Android #18
TEQ Super Saiyan Gohan (Future)

At some point, maybe from pulls but maybe not, I got this AGL Whis?

Anyone, can someone help me with the concept of team leaders/rotations? I've been coasting by on my Ginyu team so far but I think I might have some guys to make stuff work. If I can figure out imgur on my phone I can post my box, but I don't even know if that's the preferred image host here anymore.

The main thing to know about rotations is that the first two characters to attack in a given turn will show up again in two turns, while the third will show up again in three turns. So you want to prioritize keeping characters that go well together in your first two attack slots, so that you'll get them together again next time they show up. This also means that rather than trying to get your entire team linked well, you can get away with two tightly linked pairs and two that are more support-oriented.

Leaders-wise, you want +ki first and foremost, as being able to send out super attacks every turn has a bigger impact than a simple attack boost does.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
TEQ Jaco has a stunning passive that's really good for the World Tournament. SR INT Chiaotzu has the same one.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Echophonic posted:

TEQ Jaco has a stunning passive that's really good for the World Tournament. SR INT Chiaotzu has the same one.

I have a related question: What's actually different about INT Jaco compared to TEQ Jaco that people only talk about the TEQ one? As far as I can tell they have the same passive?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CidGregor posted:

I have a related question: What's actually different about INT Jaco compared to TEQ Jaco that people only talk about the TEQ one? As far as I can tell they have the same passive?

TEQ Jaco is a 100% stun the first time he's out, the INT one's a 7% chance each time he's out, far as I know. They're worded very similarly because reasons.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Got enough for the 45stone pull on TEQ Freeza - pulled the banner card and the INT Golden Freeza Angel I needed for the AGL SSJ3 EZA.

I LOVE THIS GAME

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm still searching for TEQ VB. Dbz.Space has him as one of the highest rates of all the SSRs and after 10 pulls still don't have him.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I only managed to get one TEQ Vegetto Blue and zero Rose Blacks. I can't believe they have a high rate.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
TEQ VB is great but the f2p LR Vegito Blue is better, unless you have dupes for the TEQ one

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've gotten one Vegito and three Roses, doesn't seem particularly high in proportion to the amount of SSRs.

I did manage the new PHY Goku. He seems like he'll be a lot of fun on a Full Power team when we get that. Also have been tinkering with my Super team and I love that most of the good cards are transformations. I just had a turn against Frieza that consisted of a Gogeta fusion, a transformation to SSJ3, and a Mastered Ultra Instinct transformation. Then Frieza got loving exploded. :hellyeah::ssj:

Also, I like TEQ Vegito better because his animation is cooler.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I got AGL Goku. Between him and LR Goku I really really need the ToP event to come back because I'm sick of grinding R Gokus.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Decided to try once more and I got TEQ Freeza and boy this game just dumped Freeza cards on me. Sadly no STR Rose though I can’t complain seeing as AGL Rose is still one of my heavy hitters in my potara team. Manage to rainbow INT Gogeta which was nice. Oh and got PHY Shredder Cooler which is awesome

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally beat the loving Super STR SBR, one done nine more of these fuckers to go

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
How do you do it? I tried and my damage is like.. wamp wamp

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's my team

I had a dupe in SS4 Goku, 3 in Rage Vegeta, and you can see the two rainbows. I basically tried to keep SS3 Vegeta or Rage Vegeta eating hits as much as humanly possible and used the princess snakes in the first two fights and got through half of the four fights without accosting a lot of items. Third and fourth fights were rough as poo poo and I got fuckin Cell Jrs, but I used the Android Eights more when I need to heal and not eat poo poo the turn immediately after. Gohan and Family Kamehameha Goku both ate the most poo poo, so I tried to prevent them being hit as much as possible but they were worth having for extra good damage against enemy support characters. If it isn't obvious Rage Vegeta, SS4 Gokus, and Vegito Blue especially fuckin were my heavy hitters and did a lot of the work and a lot of lucky crits.

Idk if this was the proper way to do this and it was still very RNG despite that, but I still managed to beat it and that's what fuckin matters. Now I get to try and build 9 more teams to do these other ones, idk if I even have decent enough Super TEQ units to do that one.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Don't forget that we're getting category SBR in the future.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Captain Baal posted:

Now I get to try and build 9 more teams to do these other ones, idk if I even have decent enough Super TEQ units to do that one.

If you were around at the time to get her, TEQ Youth Bulma is a good option due to a strong - if somewhat unreliable - defense passive, and decent healing. Not gonna be a heavy hitter but she will super at 9 ki. TEQ Jaco's useful too, for getting a couple of free stuns. You probably want to look for an LR SS3 goku friend though, for raw damage output.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Used my 50 free stones for another shot at new Goku.
I got a dupe SS3 Angel Goku, and then I had a new animation pop up.

A silohuette shows up like normal, but then alluva sudden, the screen did the SSR flash, the first silohuette gets Tinder-swiped to the left, and it turns into UI Goku.

And then I also got STR Pikkon, which disappointed me.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Doing rerolls for an account with a super team, aiming for ui + teq vb + new goku since we got so many free stones .... i think i might have used up all my luck on this multi:

Didn't even know we could go past 3 SSRs on a multi. (Vegito/Gogeta animation)

Now to grind 40 stones for another 2 multis, i guess.

---

EDIT: i did it, beat my reroll boss

think i'm still going to grind stones on that other just to see what it gets.

madstrike fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 3, 2018

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
While it is taking a while to get the TEQ Freeza medals I have been having way too much fun with an all INT team. Goddamn Gogeta rainbow just is magical. It’s funny cuz I have UI goku and most of my friends have LR INT Vegito so it’s like either he goes against Blanco Goku or Vegito. Or if that doesn’t work LR SSJ2 Gohan cleans up the mess.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How many dupes does TEQ Vegito Blue need to be better than a Raindbow'd STR Vegito Blue?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
One dupe to beat a rainbowed LR VB in damage output. I think LR VB is a better tank.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How many dupes does TEQ Vegito Blue need to be better than a Raindbow'd STR Vegito Blue?

I think it's just one, picking the bottom right. I think STR is better on Potara because he links better, based on some cursory googling.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Is this good?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
LR Vegito is better at tanking when he's part of the Potara team. Teq Vegito is just great because of his additional attacks. Sucks how both loss the counter but then again, one tanks and hits like a truck and the other spams Final Kamehameha so I guess that makes it even. :v:

edit: The fact you have TEQ Vegito Blue and INT UI Goku is pretty good.

I forgot if that STR Beerus is the Rage one or not.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The STR one's okay, nothing special though. Averages out to a 100% attack boost from his passive and some sketchy links on most of the teams he fits onto.

The TEQ one is the rage one and the other STR one is the LR. The INT one's pretty good, too. The AGL one isn't even worth mentioning.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 3, 2018

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
This celebration has been really good to me. I scored the new goku on both JP and GLB, and got the new kaioken Goku, ssbe Vegeta and a int gogeta dupe on JP, and the old teq GF, phy cooler and ssj3 angelku with a dupe on GLB. The daily stones + bonus stones + stones from new events stack up nicely with the 3+1.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Getting the swipe left animation is the worst way to be reminded that SSB Kaioken Goku is a featured unit on the banner. I would've taken any one of the featured SSRs over him except Gogeta and that's because I already have enough dupes to rainbow him.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got my Gregory medals back to 999 so I celebrated by awakening 11 of those free Piccolo drops to get my phy and int Piccolos to sa level 10. :toot:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I spent all my Gregory medals on SR Gokus to up the new one's SA. Then the Friezas ate most of my Dr. Geros.

I seriously almost spent a wish on medals.

What are people's thoughts on LR SSJ3 Goku? I've found him pretty drat hard to actually use. His links are a shitshow for how ki-hungry he is. Do you have to run an orb changer with him?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 5, 2018

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Echophonic posted:

I spent all my Gregory medals on SR Gokus to up the new one's SA. Then the Friezas ate most of my Dr. Geros.

I seriously almost spent a wish on medals.

What are people's thoughts on LR SSJ3 Goku? I've found him pretty drat hard to actually use. His links are a shitshow for how ki-hungry he is. Do you have to run an orb changer with him?

I always run him with TEQ Bardock and yeah, he destroys everything.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I went hard in the paint on this (Goku) banner, did one round of Frieza's and got Phy Cooler and Angel Frieza, but not the featured LR one.

Original run, got the LR Goku, and a TEQ VB, then with these stones, that got me enough to do another full round of one of the banners. Due to my lack of luck on Frieza, I went for Goku, got another LR Goku so he has the bottom right path unlocked now, and also 2 more TEQ VB.

Just reading through the thread to catch up and apparently my Potara team needs to be updated now to have TEQ VB on it instead of the LR that I worked so hard on. :( Now I have him 100%, and apparently even before that I should have been using him instead. Derp.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The new Goku and Frieza aren't LRs, just regular Dokkan TURs.

I think the VB thing's overblown, they're both good, especially if TEQ has a few dupes. TEQ's better offensively, PHY's the best defensively at rainbow (I think), and LR STR is a more balanced approach.

I'm trying to decide if I want to rainbow the day 1000 Goku or not. I'm not sure he's going to make a ton of teams, but rainbow LRs are neat.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 5, 2018

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

str tanks forever and does one big punch for like 3 million damage
teq needs to build up to tanking and does 2-4 final kamehamehas for escalating amounts of damage. but you need at least his bottom right open for maximum crits to make him better than str

also teq links a little better on potara if you arent using the full villain set or w/e

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

STR VB does pretty good on my Realm of Gods team. I haven't tried his TEQ version since I have the STR one 100%, and not so much on the TEQ one.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

IDK if it's just me, but EZAs ended up pretty disappointing. Like, not the concept of making outdated cards useful again, but the actual events. Even if you have a pretty good team the last few levels feel like you throwing RNG at the wall and seeing what happens.

The F2P EZAs like Piccolo and Kid Gohan are fine.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind them as it gives me the orbs I desperately need

e: speaking of which I just rainbowed Toppo because why not

Squallege fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 6, 2018

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Echophonic posted:

He badly needs OiaF buddies, but he starts at 12 ki on my SSJ3 team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

IDK if it's just me, but EZAs ended up pretty disappointing. Like, not the concept of making outdated cards useful again, but the actual events. Even if you have a pretty good team the last few levels feel like you throwing RNG at the wall and seeing what happens.

The F2P EZAs like Piccolo and Kid Gohan are fine.

I like them because instead of just rebirthing again and nothing else they give us rewards for something we're all gonna get anyway. It's a win win.