Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Metalshark posted:

*Drawing all these covers, I mean, goddamn.

Haha, this has been my desktop wallpaper ever since I got my new laptop.
I'm so glad X-23's starting so strong after how good ANW was. I had a serious "oh my god are you kidding how am I supposed to wait a month to continue this" reaction to the end of the last issue.

e: Also speaking of rad art the cover of the next issue is making me wonder just how much original comic cover art would cost.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Frankly I’d rather use this as an argument for trade sales over single issue sales. It reminds me of the current music industry but in reverse. Album sales are down but single sales are up.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

'cept 'single sales' are now a song's Youtube views or whatever.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Rip

https://twitter.com/dphrygian/status/1035253033381318656?s=21

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ralph Wiggum rolling down the hill forever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Crowbcat Generation

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone else use the digital codes that come with their floppies? Does everyone else keep on being told by Marvel that their password is wrong? I use 1Password, so I save my password, and I always "change" my password back to what it had saved. But every single time I login (like 2 times a month), it keeps saying my password is wrong and I have to reset it. It's super loving annoying. I just want to know if it's just me.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Yeah, I had some serious problems with logging on to marvel like that. I got tired of it and now I just save my floppies and just enter them once every 6 months or so, since I'm going to have to reset my account and everything again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sneak peak at the villain of the next arc of Exiles.

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1036442493502537729?s=21

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Up next in things that I assume will make X-O happy: https://www.newsarama.com/41657-ove...geoff-shaw.html

Donny Cates is relainching Guardians.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Up next in things that I assume will make X-O happy: https://www.newsarama.com/41657-ove...geoff-shaw.html

Donny Cates is relainching Guardians.

Cosmo!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kill one dog, bring back another.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Kill one dog, bring back another.

Cosmos is best dog though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I really do get annoyed at the "Let's take this thing and boil it down to the silliest way we can make it sound" because... well because it's extremely lovely.

The actual complaint is that Spider-Man's got a graphical downgrade compared to the trailers being shown, now if you play any video games and track them to release your response is probably "No poo poo that's every game." And it is, but were still upset and one of the 'pieces of evidence' was that reflections were no longer in the game.

It's... the DmC thing again, where people had a lot of complaints about DmC, but they all latched on to "People are mad that Dante's hair isn't white."

Now, again, this is every game, honestly at this point, if you're shocked that trailers showing off a game looked better than the actual game winds up looking... buddy... I got a bridge to sell you.

There is actually a story here, it's "Stop buying into preview trailers and preordering things." Not "Video Gamers complain about a puddle, LOL!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Gamers are still waiting for the glass ceiling to break.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I picked Dragon Quest as my early September big game. Sorry, Spidey.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw are your new Guardians of the Galaxy creative team, coming next year.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Onmi posted:

I really do get annoyed at the "Let's take this thing and boil it down to the silliest way we can make it sound" because... well because it's extremely lovely.

The actual complaint is that Spider-Man's got a graphical downgrade compared to the trailers being shown, now if you play any video games and track them to release your response is probably "No poo poo that's every game." And it is, but were still upset and one of the 'pieces of evidence' was that reflections were no longer in the game.

It's... the DmC thing again, where people had a lot of complaints about DmC, but they all latched on to "People are mad that Dante's hair isn't white."

Now, again, this is every game, honestly at this point, if you're shocked that trailers showing off a game looked better than the actual game winds up looking... buddy... I got a bridge to sell you.

There is actually a story here, it's "Stop buying into preview trailers and preordering things." Not "Video Gamers complain about a puddle, LOL!"

Yea, but some screenshots look better than the pre release one.

https://youtu.be/0i8AS870ACI?t=2m30s

It really is nerds being mad at puddles.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Outside of the puddle I guess I should be used to a graphical downgrade in actual release vs hype videos to promote the game running on the uber machines to make a buck.

Just think of it like those food commercials where that Big Mac Meal looks so full and fluffy and when you get it in the restaurant it was crushed along with the spirits of the employees by reality.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw are your new Guardians of the Galaxy creative team, coming next year.

Jeez that is a very overpowered team.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Cosmos is best dog though.

Did you already forget which dog Donny Cates killed? loving hang your head in shame.

Cosmo is pretty cool though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

As long as it's Cosmo and Beta Ray Bill, they can have whomever else they want.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Oh lordy it's Wraith.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Blockhouse posted:

I hope that's only half the team.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's plenty more Imperial Guard and Heralds that can still fill out the team. I also don't see Phyla or Quasar.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Onmi posted:

its literally just a screenshot of a place that now doesnt have a puddle who loving cares lmao

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

its literally just a screenshot of a place that now doesnt have a puddle who loving cares lmao

But GRAPHICAL DOWNGRADES at LESS THAN 60 FPS and whatever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
meanwhile im playing doom wads and using an emulator to play perfect dark at 45fps instead of 15 on my 10yo laptop and loving it

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Squizzle posted:

Oh lordy it's Wraith.

:eyepop:

Also surprised to see smasher without a Sam cameo. Is he still on earth?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They have a kid, he's probably being a good father and letting her go back to work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spoilers for the last page of Asgardians of the Galaxy

https://www.newsarama.com/41660-redacted-returns-in-asgardians-of-the-galaxy-1-spoilers.html

Well that is certainly something unexpected.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

https://www.newsarama.com/41660-redacted-returns-in-asgardians-of-the-galaxy-1-spoilers.html

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Neat!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blockhouse posted:

gently caress. I guess I'm reading Guardians again.

Now if I could get a new Nova series.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

X-O posted:

I'm not familiar with that exact character. Should this excite me?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm not familiar with that exact character. Should this excite me?

I suggest you get some Marvel Unlimited and get to reading.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

X-O posted:

Holy poo poo

Marvel has been getting me to say holy poo poo a lot lately

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kid loki is whatever but for the love of god keep cullen bunn away from sera

site fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 3, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Spoiler. I guess there's a reason the title of that article is redacted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
right, my bad. spoiler blocked