Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Looking back, Battlefield One has been one of the best in the serie. Who would have trough WW1 could be such fun? Charging fools, horses, cube shape tanks. So much fun.

They all have their own style of fun, yea, even Battlefield 2 was really great for his own reasons. The Bad Company games where a lot of fun.

BFV to be comparable have to do a lot more than what I have seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They could literally just take BF1, add all new maps/guns/vehicles, and release it, and I'd be happy. I'm not expecting any groundbreaking stuff, I just want to play more Battlefield.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RCarr posted:

They could literally just take BF1, add all new maps/guns/vehicles, and release it, and I'd be happy. I'm not expecting any groundbreaking stuff, I just want to play more Battlefield.

But they start with less. I heard horses and charging with the bayonet are removed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tei posted:

But they start with less. I heard horses and charging with the bayonet are removed.

Fine by me, I think I've used the bayonet ~20 times in 200+ hours. The horses are cool but I wouldn't miss them. Just let me shoot mans in new and exciting locations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I really just want a followup to BF2142. Mech combat, cloaking devices, all sorts of crazy poo poo that I'd love to see in a modern BF game.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The tactical nukes are a nice touch

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

They put out a thing saying preorders were down quite a bit from BF1 (probably Battlefront 2 is still in peoples minds) so they've basically just blinked first against Black Ops 4 and Red Dead I think. Probably a combination of that and some major issues cropping up.

Blinked first is a good way to put it. This game will be $40 come springtime. Right where I want it :henget:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

RCarr posted:

Fine by me, I think I've used the bayonet ~20 times in 200+ hours. The horses are cool but I wouldn't miss them. Just let me shoot mans in new and exciting locations.

I have 186 bayonet kills, and 336 on horsies. When you say "fine by me" at them being gone I'm prepared to fight you IRL. (Mostly I'm salty at DICE for not giving me a service star for bayonets, because holy poo poo I deserve one.)

I'm not mad, I guess they fit better into BF1 than BFV anyway. Plus if previous games are anything to go by, there'll be a playable population on BF1 for at least several more years. I hope so, because while I'll be getting BFV anyway, I need to fun screaming at people while holding a long pointy thing in front of me. It's very much my jam. See also loving around in biplanes, fannying around in zeppelins, and tarting around in trains.

I hope people never forget that BF1 is the most metal retro shooter that ever there was. Haven't been able to play it for months, and it's the one game I've missed more than any other. And I'm not even a dude who is that into shootmans, or even that good at shootmans.

E: ha, I've literally got more bayonet kills than Hellriegel kills. I'm going to wear that as a goddamn badge of honour.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just know I need a new Battlefield, because I’m coming up on 100 unique service stars, and the only weapons left for me to use are the terrible ones that are nearly impossible to do well with.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll never be hyped at a battlefield game again until I see Preston, Sweetwater, Haggard and Sarge travel forward in time to year 2143.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Speaking of Sarge, anyone else play the hell outta Sarge’s Heroes as a kid?

And the helicopter computer spinoff game?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ironically pushing it back makes me less likely to pick it up. Lol if you think I'm playing anything else the month after RDR2.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Speaking of Sarge, anyone else play the hell outta Sarge’s Heroes as a kid?

And the helicopter computer spinoff game?

Army men 2 was a masterpiece.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
DICE used to make pretty good games.

What happened.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
ok BF4 questiion but maybe someone can help me out. I got BF4 premium and I don't know how to download the DLC's. I got China Rising and Second Assault downloaded which downloaded automatically, but the other ones won't start. I tried repairing, updating and reinstalling the game and nothing happens. If I go into the missing DLC's manually, I have no option to download.

What gives

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

texting my ex posted:

ok BF4 questiion but maybe someone can help me out. I got BF4 premium and I don't know how to download the DLC's. I got China Rising and Second Assault downloaded which downloaded automatically, but the other ones won't start. I tried repairing, updating and reinstalling the game and nothing happens. If I go into the missing DLC's manually, I have no option to download.

What gives

If you are on Xbox (360 and One), try going to https://www.xbox.com and in your account/library you can find all the DLCs and install them from there. On PS4 at least, you can check all the DLCs ingame and install them one by one or go to the store and do a search. On PC/Origin all DLCs are located by right clicking on the game on your library.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Guillermus posted:

If you are on Xbox (360 and One), try going to https://www.xbox.com and in your account/library you can find all the DLCs and install them from there. On PS4 at least, you can check all the DLCs ingame and install them one by one or go to the store and do a search. On PC/Origin all DLCs are located by right clicking on the game on your library.

sorry should have clarified, on PC. I see where they are individiually on Origin, but there is no option to download

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I found out today that it’s legal to own a working Martini-Henry rifle in the UK without a license.

Given that this is the country where airsoft guns have to be painted in a two-tone paint scheme to make them obviously not real guns (unless you’re a member of an airsoft club or whatever), I found this pretty funny.

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed Battlefield 1 a lot.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

texting my ex posted:

sorry should have clarified, on PC. I see where they are individiually on Origin, but there is no option to download

Check these images and see if you can download the stuff, I can access them without problems once I install the base game (installing an add-on will request install main content).

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 31, 2018

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Guillermus posted:

Check these images and see if you can download the stuff, I can access them without problems once I install the base game (installing an add-on will request install main content).

Well I have the content, but it's not installed and there's no download button on any of the pages. For example, for Second Assault DLC has a green checkmark and says installed, while Dragons Teeth just says "owned" but there is no download anywhere.

Man I love this game but there's always some new bullshit to get it working again after a format

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As much poo poo as they get, EA customer service is usually good. Try open a ticket and explain them the problem. It may be on their end.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

texting my ex posted:

What gives

Are you unable to join servers that are running this content? I remember not needing to download all of them, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Quickplay on xbone seems to be completely broken, it put me in an empty game every single time I queued. Luckily the server browser works.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
BFV seems lovely but is that Bad Company 2 remaster gonna be standalone at any point?? I’m way more interested in that

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
BFV looks good actually, I think you’ll find

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You know I'm curious, have they shown any of the controversial customization in a context other than playing as the allies?

Like yeah ok, you can be an Brit/American of any gender or color, and you can wear increasingly ridiculous outfits while doing so. Cool and good. But what about the other side? Is the customization just going to be mysteriously absent if you aren't playing as the Good Guys? Or are they actually gonna let people make black nazis and white weabo Japanese soldiers?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
If I can't be a black female Nazi storm trooper so help me God

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
There's no way they allow customizations for only allies. They'll do what most WW2 games so, which is totally ignore anything about the nazis and use generic imperial german imagery instead. Hopefully any assholes who use a swastika or any nazi poo poo as their emblem get banned. I sincerely hope DICE are prepared for those pricks and are quick on banning them. The optimist in me hopes that DICE including women and POCs means that neo-nazis avoid the game but the pessimist in me knows that won't be the case.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Live At Five! posted:

There's no way they allow customizations for only allies. They'll do what most WW2 games so, which is totally ignore anything about the nazis and use generic imperial german imagery instead. Hopefully any assholes who use a swastika or any nazi poo poo as their emblem get banned. I sincerely hope DICE are prepared for those pricks and are quick on banning them. The optimist in me hopes that DICE including women and POCs means that neo-nazis avoid the game but the pessimist in me knows that won't be the case.

They'll just double down with the racism.

Sturdy
Apr 24, 2008

Is this gonna be the thread for the Xbox version of BF 5 or is there another one? I did a quick glance through and didn’t see anything. Anyways the BF 5 preload for the beta is now active. I’ve preordered the game so I’ll start playing tomorrow. Gamer tag is Pwnwall.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

If anyone else is having the same prob as me where the link for the beta on the BF1 menu doesn’t work: search “battlefield v” on the xbox store and you can find & download it there. It’s 10gb if anyone’s curious

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What time should we expect the early access beta to go live? I have the day off tomorrow, so I’m hoping it’s early.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
1 AM PT

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If this is the bf5 thread now someone should update the op since I stopped playing bf1 like a month into the game

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just got my 100th unique service star! Just in time for BFV :)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I'll be fully honest I don't understand anyone who liked bf1 more than 4

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

I didnt like BF4 at all, modern combat does not jive with me at all. BF1 is 100% my favorite Battlefield and I've played all except BF2142 and BC1. I dont give a poo poo about a million different assault rifles with minute differences and dumb attachments. Plus there really isnt much like BF1 on the market, meanwhile I've played tons of modern combat games and I'm as sick of them now as I was of WW2 games years ago.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

ZeusCannon posted:

Same, but in reverse. I played a bit of BF4 but I literally could not tell the difference between the factions, all the modern uniforms and gear look identical so I had to rely on if they had red above them to know if I should shoot them. Fake wars between Russia, China, and the US meant fighting battles in places that meant nothing to me. And all the gun addons... way too many of them, and gently caress if I know if I'm supposed to use this gun with one of these 5 sights and these 6 attachments, or this gun with the 3 sights and 5 attachments. I did try going back to it for a comparison after BF1 and not being able to destroy or climb walls made me feel so boxed in.

I had some fun with the brief times I had in BF3 and BF4, playing super casual like, but only with BF1 did I get an honest to god cinematic experience. The constant chatter, the destruction, the dynamic weather, the almost steampunk-yet-real aesthetic of the first industrialised war... it's goddamn amazing and I think BFV is going to find it a hard act to follow as this is peak multiplayer shooter gaming as far as I'm concerned.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah bf4 just felt like generic war men fighting generic whatever with 100 identical weapons and 1000 variations of "it's a red dot...but it's got 2 dots and also they are...green dots"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
The graphics (obviously) and audio are way better in BF1, and the guns are cool as poo poo and a lot more varied; but I still vastly prefer BF4. Mainly because nothing beats the satisfaction of nailing a jet or heli with an RPG. I also feel like there are way more ways you can have silly fun in BF4 with all the gadgets and vehicles. It's also a much more three-dimensional game - not just because of the more varied air vehicles but also the buildings and terrain. And maybe my muscle memory is just too deeply ingrained in BF4's aiming mechanics but I can't aim for poo poo in BF1, I usually can't play for more than maybe half a dozen matches before rage-quitting because most of the time I can't hit the goddamn broad side of a barn. Also the spawn system in BF1 is insanely stupid, feels like about half the time when I spawn I get instagibbed because the game dropped me in the dumbest possible place on the map.