Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

The Halogens posted:

You're a man after my own heart. I've been craving a Witchercast.

You'll be happy to know Autumn is on the first two episodes, and we have a bunch of different guests lined up for the future.

I'll stop pimping my own poo poo in here now, though. To listen to DOFC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am loving Gary hating Nier.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
The Nier episodes are definitely convincing me I'm much more of a Kole than a Gary.

Sorry, Kole, burn unintentional.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

The Nier episodes are definitely convincing me I'm much more of a Kole than a Gary.

Sorry, Kole, burn unintentional.

Your whole brand is enjoying terrible games! Of course you like Nier.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Nier Automata is a better game than the first one but Gary is still going to hate it. Mechanically it’s better but the characters are your typical over-dramatic anime garbage and you still have to replay the entire game for a couple of new cutscenes. The only major difference between the first play through and the second is having to constantly play a boring and tedious mini game during every single fight.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Old Swerdlow posted:

Nier Automata is a better game than the first one but Gary is still going to hate it. Mechanically it’s better but the characters are your typical over-dramatic anime garbage and you still have to replay the entire game for a couple of new cutscenes. The only major difference between the first play through and the second is having to constantly play a boring and tedious mini game during every single fight.

The gameplay of Automata is leagues above Nier, and I liked Nier alot. It does do the " visit this place like 7 times" but at least the places you revisit are more interesting than that god drat junk yard. The replays are also much better, but yeah the hacking got old fast. I bet Gary is going to hate and I'm going to love Gary hating it.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Since we all have a finite time on this earth and I am running out of both patience with poor design and time to devote to games, I sincerely appreciate Gary's honesty.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Monster in My Podcast #344 has top notch tangents. I was cracking up about sending Lawrence the Saltwater Serpent into battle to mildly inconvenience the Germans.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think MIMP might be my favorite show, because I get to learn about cool monsters and hear awful puns at the same time.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

bony tony posted:

I think MIMP might be my favorite show, because I get to learn about cool monsters and hear awful puns at the same time.

Haha yeah it’s my top show at the moment. Just listened to #348 on Snow Snakes where Gary put trucker lingo and culture on blast.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I greatly appreciate Gary’s recent enthusiasm for Tiny Fuppets

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

MIMP #353: Torpedo Shark is essential listening. Great episode art!

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Pros about only being in the early double digits of MIMP: I got months of shows to look forward to.

Cons: I miss out on the zeitgeist whenever a new episode drops.

I will however be first in line when the first 7" from lauded FPS/ska-band Call of Rudy drops.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I go back and relisten to Beholderfest every now and then. It's great.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

MIMP does more to make me want to play tabletop than any actual play cast ever has. Except oh no, it makes me want to DM!! All those delicious quest hooks

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dunkelzahn's Will is campaignhook.txt and I sort of love it for that.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The new monster manual for MIMP got announced! Malleus Monstrorum, for Call of Cthulhu. That’s a great choice, and it sounds like Gary and Kole are psyched. Especially Gary. But especially Kole.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Malleus Monstorum is great, but as the person who says the name of each episode’s monster I’m intimidated by the pronunciation problem. Oh well!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Are you not gonna do Beholderfest this year? I'm looking forward to Call of Cthulhu Content, but I also wanna learn more about cyclopean racist dipshits.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

If we can find a good avenue for it, absolutely. Otherwise, we might sub in Nyarlathofest for a year.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Woffle posted:

If we can find a good avenue for it, absolutely. Otherwise, we might sub in Nyarlathofest for a year.

Ooh, a suggestion for Nyarlathofest could be reviewing his Masks greatest hits. Father of All Bats Knows Best.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 15, 2018

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Ooh, a suggestion for Nyarlathofest could be reviewing his Masks greatest hits. Father of All Bats Knows Best.

I think we're going to cover all of the masks.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

WOFF: Gabriel Knight 3 is a good episode, interesting look at the end of the first adventure game era. The intro sketch with the horrible New Orleans accents had me chuckling.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Which abject suffering is the one with kole talking about his dad’s accidental love guru/death wish mashup?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It's either 110 or one right before that, because I just heard that story and that's where I'm at.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon is an excellent WOFF topic, I like when they cover games with fascinating developments.

Also glad to hear the triumphant return of Monster in my Podcast, great monster manual choice

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
people don't remember it, but 2015 bloodborne bonfireside chat is premiere summer of cum content

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Year of the Tadpole is burned into my heart, and knowing that a vampire wants you to invade so that she can get blood-jizz is very dear to me.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's the year of the Tadpole
The Summer of Cum
So Cum get Sum Sufferin
and have some Fun
Unless this Funnin'
is making you feel quite sick
here's a hot flow from my main man Crick

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I think at one point I had bought the only? Summer of Cum shirt ever sold, if I remember Kole's response at the time correctly.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I own a lot of podcast shirts, including several Duckfeed ones, but I passed on a Summer of Cum shirt because I didn't think there'd ever be a time I could get away with wearing it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Kole your spooky Halloween reading for this year was very good.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Thank you! It was fun to make.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
After listening to the bonus WOFF it’s criminal that Atomic isn’t a real game

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Wrestlepig posted:

Thank you. It's sort of "designed" in my head and I'd love to make it. I just don't have space on my plate. Maybe I'll kickstart it in a couple years. It's much more of a "game" than Souls of Darkness was.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wrestlepig posted:

They’re really sticking it to that Chevy Chase guy. He must work for Duckfeed or something.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

the Atomic! podcast feels like a .mp3 accidentally sent from a non-hellworld timeline

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Kly posted:

the Atomic! podcast feels like a .mp3 accidentally sent from a non-hellworld timeline

For people who dig that, be sure to check out the Bonfireside Chat we did on Souls of Darkness too!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Been listening to old BFC episodes as I’m playing through Dark Souls 3 again and at one point in the Arch Dragon Peak episode Gary says “ every boss in Dark Souls 3 has like 2 life bars, I’m sure in the dlc some boss will have like 4 health bars” and laughed out loud thinking of Frieda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Baldur’s Gate is an excellent WOFF, I especially liked Gary thinking Kole was scoffing at the concept of becoming a hero of the city.