Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you guys prefer Kittle or Eifert as a starter TE? Eifert is playing Indianapolis to begin with, Kittle at Minnesota. This is a half PPR league that starts 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, and a flex.

Alternatively I could drop one of John Brown, Kenny Golladay, Tarik Cohen, or Adrian Peterson to grab both. Maybe John Brown but if he's healthy I think he has a solid chance at a bounce back season.
Long term, I like Kittle much more than Eifert. He's an iffy play in Week 1 but I like his chances to be one of Jimmy G's main targets. But it's hard to recommend him in Week 1. And I wouldn't drop John Brown for him. I like Brown as well (until he gets hurt, then you can cut him). I'd be tempted to drop Golladay instead (but my lack of belief in Detroit's #3 receiver is a minority opinion).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Who have you given up to grab James Conner today?

My last pick of the draft :smug:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you guys prefer Kittle or Eifert as a starter TE? Eifert is playing Indianapolis to begin with, Kittle at Minnesota. This is a half PPR league that starts 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, and a flex.

Alternatively I could drop one of John Brown, Kenny Golladay, Tarik Cohen, or Adrian Peterson to grab both. Maybe John Brown but if he's healthy I think he has a solid chance at a bounce back season.

Eifert can ball when healthy. Is he healthy? I believe he is, so why not roll him out for now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Long term, I like Kittle much more than Eifert. He's an iffy play in Week 1 but I like his chances to be one of Jimmy G's main targets. But it's hard to recommend him in Week 1. And I wouldn't drop John Brown for him. I like Brown as well (until he gets hurt, then you can cut him). I'd be tempted to drop Golladay instead (but my lack of belief in Detroit's #3 receiver is a minority opinion).

I'm hearing a lot of discussion that Golladay could be good enough to be the #2.

Suave Fedora posted:

Eifert can ball when healthy. Is he healthy? I believe he is, so why not roll him out for now.

Yeah, that seems like a good approach.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm hearing a lot of discussion that Golladay could be good enough to be the #2.
Maybe, but that feels very bold to me and people have hyped plenty of Detroit players in the past that haven't exactly panned out. I just don't think Jones or Tate are going to slip this year so then Golladay needs an injury to become what people what him to be. As it stands now, he's just a WR3 to me and those can be found throughout the season.

Courtland Sutton is the guy Golladay owners should've been targeting.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I own Bell. Which of these bench guys would you drop for Conner:

Allen Robinson
Sammy Watkins
Keelan Cole
Chris Godwin
Peyton Barber

Rest of team:

Cousins
Baldwin
Demaryius Thomas
Bell
Howard
Doyle
Jamaal Williams
Matt Bryant
Chargers

Yahoo standard QB 2WR 1 RB TE 2 FLX

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

I own Bell. Which of these bench guys would you drop for Conner:

Allen Robinson
Sammy Watkins
Keelan Cole
Chris Godwin
Peyton Barber

Rest of team:

Cousins
Baldwin
Demaryius Thomas
Bell
Howard
Doyle
Jamaal Williams
Matt Bryant
Chargers

Yahoo standard QB 2WR 1 RB TE 2 FLX

Godwin probably

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

None of them

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Maybe, but that feels very bold to me and people have hyped plenty of Detroit players in the past that haven't exactly panned out. I just don't think Jones or Tate are going to slip this year so then Golladay needs an injury to become what people what him to be. As it stands now, he's just a WR3 to me and those can be found throughout the season.

Courtland Sutton is the guy Golladay owners should've been targeting.

He's available too.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Alfalfa posted:

8 teams. I’m going RB/QB/QB. Will be way more taken left over in the RB position than QB later.

AnacondaHL posted:

Eh, if you can grab a solid RB2 in the 3rd I'd go for it. 3 RBs required in 8-man is quite a lot in today's game. The drop-off between those RBs and the later round RBs/QB2s is substantial, imho as someone who is also in a low-man league. Not requiring a TE opens your 4th or 5th to a good QB pick.

David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, Jordan Howard, Brady, and Rodgers as my first five loool

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

I also dropped my kicker earlier to grab him and now don't know if i even have space to keep him.

bench is currently
Tevin Coleman
Garcon
Chris Thompson
Crowder
Alex Collins
Alfred Morris

1 PPR

Any ideas or am i still just gonna end up dropping morris?

edit: added starting RB/WRs

Dalvin Cook
Saquon Barkley
TY Hilton
Adam Thielan
Brandin Cooks

So i received an offer giving me Greg Olsen for Brandin Cooks. He also has Jimmy Graham as his starting TE. My current TE is Ebron as i was mostly planning on streaming, but Olsen would solidify that roster spot and i'd be able to keep Morris while dropping Ebron. Cooks is currently one of my flex options, thoughts on this trade?

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Should I drop Tarik Cohen or Marlon Mack to pick up James Conner as a Bell owner? I'm at my RB cap.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Goddamn, whys everyone so willing to give up Cooks?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VietCampo posted:

So i received an offer giving me Greg Olsen for Brandin Cooks. He also has Jimmy Graham as his starting TE. My current TE is Ebron as i was mostly planning on streaming, but Olsen would solidify that roster spot and i'd be able to keep Morris while dropping Ebron. Cooks is currently one of my flex options, thoughts on this trade?

Hell no

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Matt Zerella posted:

I dunno, but I'm not.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

He’s too boom and bust for me. I’ve been an owner of Cooks for years and the inconsistency has been maddening.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Suave Fedora posted:

He’s too boom and bust for me. I’ve been an owner of Cooks for years and the inconsistency has been maddening.

I get that. But he's being drafted as a WR3/flex this year which is perfect. Also I think he's in a great spot.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Normally i wouldn't think about that trade too much, but i'm looking at having to drop someone to pick up a kicker in the next few days if i can't work out a trade.

I'm just considering this trade as it'd solidify my streaming TE position and i wouldn't have to drop any of my WR/RB players and can just drop Ebron. Also imo my entire bench is flex worthy i think, so it might help with no having to decide between so many. But yea the cost may be too much.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 3, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why are folks thinking about dropping Cohen?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why are folks thinking about dropping Cohen?

Pretty sure Nagy recently said something about Howard can be a three down back and will be in there on 3rd downs more, or at least that's the soundbite headline I've seen

Edit: Also, looking back at his usage last year, he may be hyped a little too much. Weeks 1-3 were good, then you're looking at mostly scoring points solely from points per catch, outside of one game he took his sole catch for 70 yards and another he rushed for 80.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 3, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
14 teams, 0 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE flex, K, DST. Normal point values otherwise (aside from defense but it's mostly the same)

QB: Alex Smith ($3)
RB: Dalvin Cook ($55)
RB: Christian McCaffrey ($49)
WR: Chris Hogan ($23)
WR: Michael Crabtree ($17)
TE: Jimmy Graham ($10)
FLEX: Derrick Henry ($31)
DEF: Arizona Cardinals ($1)
K: Harrison Butker ($1)

BEN: Jared Goff ($1)
BEN: Latavius Murray ($4)
BEN: C.J. Anderson ($3)
BEN: Calvin Ridley ($1)
BEN: James Washington ($1)

For a 14 team league I'm pretty stoked. WRs could be better but I'm thinking there are gonna be a lot of available guys this season. Was happy to get two handcuffs for my main starting RBs.

Wasn't planning on spending $10 on a tight end but I'm not too down on that slot.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Dropped a kicker for James Conner.

....just in case.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

sourdough posted:

Pretty sure Nagy recently said something about Howard can be a three down back and will be in there on 3rd downs more, or at least that's the soundbite headline I've seen

Edit: Also, looking back at his usage last year, he may be hyped a little too much. Weeks 1-3 were good, then you're looking at mostly scoring points solely from points per catch, outside of one game he took his sole catch for 70 yards and another he rushed for 80.

Last year was a different scheme. I am optimistic that he might end up being more of a WR than a RB, possibly another Duke Johnson. I read a lot of reports suggesting he was lining up as a WR.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Oh man just got done with my big money PPR auction draft and I am feeling psyched about this team. 2 FLEXs and 8 bench spots so I had to dig deep too.

QB: Cam Newton ($6)
RB: Kenyan Drake ($31), Sony Michel ($7), Chris Carson ($5), Theo Riddick ($1), Kenneth Dixon ($1), Boston Scott ($1)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr ($51), Stefon Diggs ($31), Alshon Jeffery ($8), Jamison Crowder ($7), Chris Godwin ($4), Courtland Sutton ($1), Tre'Quan Smith ($1)
TE: Rob Gronkowski ($42), Eric Ebron ($1)
D: Cardinals ($1)
K: Chris Boswell ($1)

Running Back Doesn't Matter.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Tiptoes posted:

Running Back Doesn't Matter.
You gonna regret that.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Any low ADP depth receivers you guys are targeting this year? One area I haven't been happy about.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
With a grain of salt since this is the least I’ve been prepared but Godwin Benjamin hurns/Gallup/Beasley Sutton mike Williams tyrell Williams golladay John brown Tywan Taylor

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Will yahoo let me do two different drafts on the same account from different computers? Or the same one?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Will yahoo let me do two different drafts on the same account from different computers? Or the same one?

I did two drafts yesterday at the same time. It hangs a bit but it works.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

I get that. But he's being drafted as a WR3/flex this year which is perfect. Also I think he's in a great spot.

I don’t begrudge him as a value pick. I just honestly got tired of him being in my roster and only getting to really enjoy a handful of games amid the more frequent lulls. Things could obviously change but he’s going to compete against Gurley and Cupp for looks, two guys Goff likely will favor. I thought for sure in NO and NE that he would be leveraged more than I expected.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

punch drunk posted:

Should I drop Tarik Cohen or Marlon Mack to pick up James Conner as a Bell owner? I'm at my RB cap.

Mack looks like he is still healing from the hammy and may not start the season. I don’t know when waivers process but try to wait until the last minute, since LVB has until Wednesday to sign his tender. Hopefully he does it tomorrow but likely he will wait until Wednesday. I would drop Mack as there’s a good possibility you’ll be able to pick him back up afterward. Cohen would more likely be scooped up by then and his usage in CHI could be very interesting.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Last year was a different scheme. I am optimistic that he might end up being more of a WR than a RB, possibly another Duke Johnson. I read a lot of reports suggesting he was lining up as a WR.

Hi beer.

Thank you again for the sheets!

My draft is on the 5th and I just submitted a request via the footballabsurdity website. Do you think it will be ready in time?

Also, I might have a new by the end of the month, which means I can donate more than I otherwise would :)

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Hand Row posted:

Any low ADP depth receivers you guys are targeting this year? One area I haven't been happy about.

Stills, Keelan Cole, Hurns are not facing much competition in their offenses but their QBs are suspect. Still, their potential of being “the guy” is fantasy-relevant. John Brown is at the bottom of this group but still worthy of consideration; Flacco can chuck it deep.

John Ross and Courtland Sutton are more of your guys that are athletically gifted but face downward pressure in the form of target hogs in front of them and mediocre QBing.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 4, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

dede westbrook is the new Desean Jackson and i'm all in, just I like was with DSJ

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I am all over Courtland Sutton at the end of my drafts. He has WR1 traits, balled out all camp/preseason, will play starter-level snaps on the outside, and his competition for targets are two 30+ receivers and no TE. Large catch radius and great target for 50/50 balls so I think he leads the team in TDs and has the best season of any rookie WR.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have the 9th pick in a 10 person keeper league with a decent bit of money in it, standard scoring, has both a flex and super flex.

I already have:
Hopkins
Wentz
D. Henry - lowest ranked RB keeper, but good round value at least

In the top 20 of each position, 9 RB, 4 WR, and 8 QB are kept (along with Ertz, Kelce, and random players below top 20). The top 7 picks are the 5 remaining upper tier RBs, Rodgers, and Brown, so before my first pick figure 14 RB are gone.

I have no 4th or 5th round pick, so I am guessing that will make it difficult to get a solid WR2 or a rookie RB like Freeman. I am mainly concerned with picks 9, 12, and 24, since it will be difficult to plan for what happens past that. I am assuming the best players available that I might have a chance at are:

RB:
D. Freeman
Mixon
Collins
Drake
Rookies

WR:
J. Jones
Beckham
Allen
Green
M. Thomas
Quite a few actually

QB:
Wilson
Watson
Brees
Newton
Rivers
Luck
Roethlisburger
Not much you want to start below this

TE:
Gronk

This league is super unpredictable, some years no worthwhile QBs are left by the end of the 3rd round, other times a bunch last really late. By ADP the best players available are WR or Gronk, but I have no idea what QBs or RBs will be available by the end of the 3rd or 6th round. I am equally torn between RB/RB/QB, WR/RB/QB, or Gronk+? With Wentz out I feel more pressure to get my second QB early and I will probably need to draft a 3rd at some point. If I could get someone like Royce Freeman in the 3rd I would probably go with something like Jones, Wilson/Watson, in the 1st and 2nd, but there are 11 picks between my 2nd and 3rd and it seems fairly plausible that he will be taken. Anyone have any thoughts?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Hi beer.

Thank you again for the sheets!

My draft is on the 5th and I just submitted a request via the footballabsurdity website. Do you think it will be ready in time?

Also, I might have a new by the end of the month, which means I can donate more than I otherwise would :)

Yeah I am running them now.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Edit: bad post

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 4, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I am filled with irrational exuberance. Pull me off this cloud with tough goon love and biting invective.

10-teamer, .5 ppr, one keeper, picked 9th overall:

QB: Stafford (10th)
RB: K. Hunt (2nd)
RB: A. Collins (3rd)
WR: Hopkins (1st)
WR: Thielen (4th)
Flex: Burkhead (6th)
TE: Evan Engram (8th)
D/ST: LAC (12th)

BE: Mark Ingram (K) (susp.)
BE: Josh Gordon (5th)
BE: Alshon Jeffrey (7th)
BE: Crowell (9th)
BE: Stills (12th)
BE: RSJ (14th)
BE: Alex Smith (15th)
IR: Guice (13th)

My best-case scenario occurred, which was to have Hopkins falling to me. :woop: :thurman: :woop: love watching that guy play for me. Although we each kept a player, I drafted as if Mark Ingram were not on my team and am pleased with my starting stable and depth. I swore myself off of Crowell after being a believer for years, but the starting big-man RB on any team has fantasy value in the 9th.

There’s some WR uncertainty + upside; with Thielen (undetermined leg injury) Josh Gordon, and Alshon (injured shoulder, no setbacks, nearing return), but I’d like to think I can weather the early storm and didn’t handicap myself towards early season losses.

At TE, Engram will have the concussion specter looming all season so I took a flier on RSJ after missing out on Kittles.

Stafford as my QB I’m fine with. Instead of trying to guess which receiver is coming out on top this season, I’d get my piece of this offense by way of the QB.

My nemesis bit on JAX in the 9th. It would be nice to have a set-and-forget D/ST but I probably would have missed out on them anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

I am filled with irrational exuberance. Pull me off this cloud with tough goon love and biting invective.

10-teamer, .5 ppr, one keeper, picked 9th overall:

QB: Stafford (10th)
RB: K. Hunt (2nd)
RB: A. Collins (3rd)
WR: Hopkins (1st)
WR: Thielen (4th)
Flex: Burkhead (6th)
TE: Evan Engram (8th)
D/ST: LAC (12th)

BE: Mark Ingram (K) (susp.)
BE: Josh Gordon (5th)
BE: Alshon Jeffrey (7th)
BE: Crowell (9th)
BE: Stills (12th)
BE: RSJ (14th)
BE: Alex Smith (15th)
IR: Guice (13th)

My best-case scenario occurred, which was to have Hopkins falling to me. :woop: :thurman: :woop: love watching that guy play for me. Although we each kept a player, I drafted as if Mark Ingram were not on my team and am pleased with my starting stable and depth. I swore myself off of Crowell after being a believer for years, but the starting big-man RB on any team has fantasy value in the 9th.

There’s some WR uncertainty + upside; with Thielen (undetermined leg injury) Josh Gordon, and Alshon (injured shoulder, no setbacks, nearing return), but I’d like to think I can weather the early storm and didn’t handicap myself towards early season losses.

At TE, Engram will have the concussion specter looming all season so I took a flier on RSJ after missing out on Kittles.

Stafford as my QB I’m fine with. Instead of trying to guess which receiver is coming out on top this season, I’d get my piece of this offense by way of the QB.

My nemesis bit on JAX in the 9th. It would be nice to have a set-and-forget D/ST but I probably would have missed out on them anyway.

Who else could you have kept instead of Ingram? With the fact that he's suspended for 4 games, I would have selected someone else. And there's always the chance that Kamara completely takes the backfield over.