Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

hoo boy those comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tryzzub posted:

hoo boy those comments

https://twitter.com/malderdi/status/1036719689122996224

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tryzzub posted:

hoo boy those comments

Man that is a lot of triggered snowflakes right there.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Thanks Trump!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I like the guys saying that it should be Pat Tillman instead. You know, the guy that his fellow soldiers loved so much for not letting them forget that his sacrifice was so much more than theirs that they gave him some free bullets in the the back as a present.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Low-hanging fruit would be putting those words on a picture of Mohamed Atta.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/1luvMDD/status/1036727408454524928

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

Is new balance alt right now or something? I like my wide rear end dad shoes....

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Epiphyte posted:

Is new balance alt right now or something? I like my wide rear end dad shoes....

New Balance founder gave nearly $400,000 to Trump

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Epiphyte posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.d9f86298935f

quote:

Last week, not even a full 24 hours after President-elect Donald Trump earned that title, a senior official for the shoe company New Balance invoked his name in an interview.

“The Obama administration turned a deaf ear to us and frankly, with President-elect Trump, we feel things are going to move in the right direction,” Matthew LeBretton, New Balance’s vice president of public affairs, told the Wall Street Journal.

“So the fact that he’s a racist and wholly unfit for the presidency didn’t bother them?” tweeted one woman. “All about profit.”

“I have been wearing New Balance shoes (at $160/pair) for the past 10 years,” wrote another. “If they support Trump, I’ve bought my last pair.”

All this, however, did not stop one more dividing force from smearing the New Balance brand.

In a post written over the weekend, neo-Nazi blogger Andrew Anglin declared New Balance the “Official Shoes of White People.”

“I’m a Nike guy. Or rather, I was,” Anglin wrote on his popular website the Daily Stormer, which promotes an anti-Semitic, white supremacist agenda. “It’s time to get on-board with New Balance now. Their brave act has just made them the official brand of the Trump Revolution.”

He tells his readers New Balance is now their “uniform” and claims they should view the company’s statement on Trump — taken out of context — as “a gesture to support White people and to support US manufacturing.” He also wrote that he believed it was all a marketing scheme to gain customers who voted for Trump.

“This will be fantastic,” Anglin wrote. “We will be able to recognize one another by our sportswear.”

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
They are trying to be made the officially issued show of the US military.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/04/29/fear-not-new-recruit-your-american-made-new-balance-running-shoes-arent-ugly/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Huh...well I guess that's one brand I won't buy anymore. Not like it's gonna make a huge difference but still.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1036685396837625856

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I figured they already were, I always see boots wearing them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/johnrich/status/1036751396002050050

https://twitter.com/sclancy79/status/1036749717206691840

Destroying my property to own the libs

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
:yeshaha:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh, it's that angry little douche man from that band. I saw him on Piers Morgan's short lived show I think. He was insufferable. The other guy seemed ok.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
If they have a NFL Jersey more less than 4 years old they should burn that too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've been wearing the same model of New Balance for more than a decade so I don't really want to change that.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I've run in Asics for the past 10+ years so no big loss. I liked New Balance's retro sneakers but as of late I've found Nike Internationalists (https://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/mens-internationalist/7puZpbc) to be fantastic as far as that shoe type goes.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I only buy Asics and Brooks and New Balance because every other company doesn't make shoes that fit my hosed up weird feet.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I buy whatever is comfortable the day I walk in the store.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

my kinda ape posted:

I only buy Asics and Brooks and New Balance because every other company doesn't make shoes that fit my hosed up weird feet.

I've been running in Brooks since high school in the 90s and I am not changing for anything short of genocide, especially since they're so good for my flat as hell feet. No shoe maker is really "good" so whatevs.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Stultus Maximus posted:

No shoe maker is really "good" so whatevs.

Same goes for any global corporation really.

I mean I'm training with a pair of new balances right now. I'm not gonna burn them over any of this poo poo, I'm just gonna avoid buying from them now on. If anyone else wants to buy their stuff, by all means go nuts. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 4, 2018

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I currently have new balance running shoes in an obnoxious color with a bright logo. Welp. Sucks the fit my feet so well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'll stick with what works unless they go full Nazi. I've got wide feet so that makes finding good shoes a bit more difficult. Comfortable shoes are kind of a must have. Little different than refusing to eat at Chik-Fil-A, or Papa Johns.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

There is no such thing as a good corporation, just ones that don't undermine unions or donate to republicans (lol)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bad Poster posted:

I like the guys saying that it should be Pat Tillman instead. You know, the guy that his fellow soldiers loved so much for not letting them forget that his sacrifice was so much more than theirs that they gave him some free bullets in the the back as a present.

I read an article on him years ago and he seemed a pretty decent guy all things considered. But it was a long time ago.

e: oops, double post

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've been running in Brooks since high school in the 90s and I am not changing for anything short of genocide, especially since they're so good for my flat as hell feet. No shoe maker is really "good" so whatevs.

Brooks Addictions are the best shoes I've ever had. And they not only work for flat feet, but they come in 2E width.

Also not changing for anything short of genocide/nazi.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I read an article on him years ago and he seemed a pretty decent guy all things considered. But it was a long time ago.

e: oops, double post
Somebody in GIP met him in basic or
AIT and said he was a massive douchebag.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every time I think things can't get any dumber, they do.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If tillman didn't get domed with a 50 Cal he probably would've gone on to become anti war as gently caress and villanized worse than kapernick

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

If tillman didn't get domed with a 50 Cal he probably would've gone on to become anti war as gently caress and villanized worse than kapernick

Yeah as far as I was aware he was sliding pretty far left and anti war before he died. So I definitely agree he would have been villanized.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Destroying my property to own the libs multinational corporation that already has my money.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Gonna go buy a pair of nikes

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1036681588573130752

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

:lol: you hired him bro.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
LAW AND ORDER CANDIDATE, but only if it's brown people ok? Let's not get crazy and arrest anyone on the good team. You can't just go around enforcing the law on every one equally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll just keep buying Salamons. It's been over 15 years since my last pair of NBs.

New balance can't be an issued shoe because they make you buy your drat shoes at boot camp. Cut you loose with an advanced pay card to buy your preferred poo poo in a PXtra, with all of five styles of shoes to choose from.

It's too goddamn difficult to keep up with what companies give money to poo poo people/causes. Just wear what fits right. Goddamn.

• Locked thread