Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Kirill is the dumbest boy who ever somehow lived.

agreed, I love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Chitose-chan is a penguin who lives in Kyoto. Getting in touch with people and getting fed delicious food as she curiously walks around Kyoto streets is her favourite thing to do. The story features popular places in Kyoto like Kiyomizu Temple, Ginkaku Temple, and Gion from the Penguin's point of view. This is a short story about a penguin that is nostalgic and warm, curing and relieving the heart.

Heck yea penguin show

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Knorth posted:

Chitose-chan is a penguin who lives in Kyoto. Getting in touch with people and getting fed delicious food as she curiously walks around Kyoto streets is her favourite thing to do. The story features popular places in Kyoto like Kiyomizu Temple, Ginkaku Temple, and Gion from the Penguin's point of view. This is a short story about a penguin that is nostalgic and warm, curing and relieving the heart.

Heck yea penguin show

there's a series called "The Emperor and I" which i think you would really enjoy (penguin shows up in a fridge)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

as the next one in the ongoing series of anime related scandals, one of the producers for the currently airing Shichisei no Subaru got charged with kidnapping a teenage girl

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Davincie posted:

as the next one in the ongoing series of anime related scandals, one of the producers for the currently airing Shichisei no Subaru got charged with kidnapping a teenage girl

Holy poo poo :stare:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Yikes :stare:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here's the ANN article on it

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-03/tbs-japan-anime-producer-arrested-for-allegedly-kidnapping-teen/.136246

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also :rip: Yūki Aoyama

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-03/former-nano.ripe-member-yuki-aoyama-passes-away-at-29/.136276

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjmg_2FTz6A

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't get ANN to load at the moment but yikes and RIP, respectively

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Everything Burrito posted:

I can't get ANN to load at the moment but yikes and RIP, respectively

ANN has a crappy interface, even if your internet is working good it loves to stall out while loading, and I don't know why (probably popups and cookies and other crap)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, two big stories breaking at the same time probably crashed the site.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Stop the Anime Producer menace before it strikes again

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Somehow I missed that Golden Kamuy got a second Season airing next season. Hooray :toot:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Julias posted:

Somehow I missed that Golden Kamuy got a second Season airing next season. Hooray :toot:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i should try and get back to reading that, I was curious about the anime but never got around to it. how was it?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The depressing reality that Happy Sugar Life is satirizing, jfc :/

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Expect My Mom posted:

i should try and get back to reading that, I was curious about the anime but never got around to it. how was it?

It's okay, the animation isn't the best and there's a lot of weird CG in it. The Manga's definitely the way to go if you haven't gotten into it yet though, in my opinion.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It kind of barely passes the 3-ep test, but the rest of it is serviceable, even good at points.

Davincie posted:

Holy crap why. :cripes:

:sadwave:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Cool! I enjoyed the manga in bits but it just didn't really stick with me, might move to the anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Cool! I enjoyed the manga in bits but it just didn't really stick with me, might move to the anime

I really enjoyed the manga but felt like I had gotten the gist of what Golden Kamuy was and stopped.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I really enjoyed the manga but felt like I had gotten the gist of what Golden Kamuy was and stopped.

It just keeps going and I eventually stopped too.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

A large part of the charm are the weird reaction faces, which are only adapted slightly above average in the anime, and are only slightly above average to begin with IMHO.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

GorfZaplen posted:

The one with the bigger boner wins. That is what Golden Kamuy is.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hype for fall. the season and the anime
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1036722910365241344

GorfZaplen posted:

yeah i def feel this.

it just kinda didn't seem to have the longform story telling I like out of seinen manga, but enough friends of mine like it, I wanna give it another chance

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't mind the way it's going right now too much, but I really hope it's heading towards an actual resolution in an arc or two after the end of the current party split arc rather than drag on forever.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
me: yama no susume s2 was perfect anime so i dunno if s3 can match up

yama no susume s3 episode 10: you are like tiny baby. watch this

https://i.imgur.com/SVe1b7p.mp4

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tag yourself I'm all of Hinata's subtly agonizing facial expressions

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The Colonel posted:

me: yama no susume s2 was perfect anime so i dunno if s3 can match up

yama no susume s3 episode 10: you are like tiny baby. watch this
https://i.imgur.com/SVe1b7p.mp4

This almost looks like something out of Nichijou.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'll admit, as sad as that second one was, it was the next item down in the news scroll that caught my attention.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-03/1st-banner-of-the-stars-novel-in-5-years-debuts/.136298

Now if only we could ever get actual translations for those the several anime didn't cover.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yama no Susume Season 3 sure is doing a good job of making sure Hinata's suffering is super well animated

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I don't know how Yama no Susume keeps just getting better and better. I hope Hinata and Aoi can have a good serious talk with each other soon.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Did Crunchyroll just skip the second season of that, it's been a slow enough season that I figure I should probably watch that show at this point.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nate RFB posted:

Did Crunchyroll just skip the second season of that, it's been a slow enough season that I figure I should probably watch that show at this point.

they lost the license for s2 right before s3 started. sadlol

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
which is kind of funny since i think the exact same thing happened with season 1 when 2 came out

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

list feels longer than usual

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bloom :clap: Into :clap: You!!!!! :clap:

Also I'm probably gonna be trying Anima Yell, Tsurune, Irozoku, Spyce too.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
going on record that i'm not gonna watch the bl show because i'm so tired of the lovely rape ones getting adaptions instead of actual good stories

I've been deliberately not reading the manga for that one so gently caress the anime too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess I'll watch Bloom Into You and JoJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Double Decker, Ace Attorney, Jojo baybee, Radiant's character designs are cool enough that I'll give it a shot, I'll give Gridman a shot, and I'm too deep in the post-ironic SAO hole to not watch at least the first episode.

• Locked thread