Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What about Turnbull's Rolex wearing tradie ads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Not remembering scoff.gif?

*scoff.gif*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

Not remembering scoff.gif?

*scoff.gif*

Posting about scoff.gif without actually posting the gif

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007

You Am I posted:

Posting about scoff.gif without actually posting the gif

Thank you, now i can finally rest

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Clearly the worst ads were the Kevin-o-lemon ads

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Anidav posted:

What about Turnbull's Rolex wearing tradie ads?

Every tradie I know wears a watch that costs more than their SS/XR8/Navara/Hilux ute. Every single one.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Every tradie I know wears a watch that costs more than their SS/XR8/Navara/Hilux ute. Every single one.
Anidav is just jealous of tradie watches.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's a no confidence motion going to do? Hasnt it just been a wrist slap in the past for a lot of things?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-03/lucy-gichuhi-threatens-to-name-liberals-who-bullied-her/10196432

I love how united the Federal Liberals are since ScoMo has taken over.

You Am I fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 4, 2018

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/danielle_binks/status/1036732055227232256?s=21

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/matthew-guy-paid-out-millions-to-keep-his-job-documents-20180903-p501ir.html

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/a-chequered-history-matthew-guy-s-most-controversial-decisions-20180903-p501gk.html

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I'm just infuriated, absolutely livid that a sitting government would break one of the oldest conventions of letting the other side off the hook completely because they expect the same when it's their turn. How will government function when there's accountability and oversight for poor, selfish and outright corrupt decision making?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You cant just throw governments in jail for crimes against humanity!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
When do we get to conclude that capitalism is a failed model?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-03/capilano-and-supermarkets-accused-of-selling-fake-honey/10187628

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That's about a one out of five guillotines on the late stage capitalism scale.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
The best honey is from your weird relative who keeps bees. Alternatively, when you buy it from a guy in a nondescript white van (edit: bonus points if it's actually at a farmers market).

"Hey kids, wanna get sticky?"

froglet fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 4, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I need my buzz man!

Relax kid, come into my van.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/03/australians-told-to-expect-longest-and-deepest-housing-slump

Oh yeah housing investment panic bring it on :gizz:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

You cant just throw governments in jail for crimes against humanity!
This needs to be edited onto the SC2k advisor guys text.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

yessssssssssssssss

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Malcolm Turnbull reveals he is a Chinese grandmother in shocking twist in the liberal party leadership dramas.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

is this some of those refugees america were forced to take from us

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Big Willy Style posted:

Malcolm Turnbull reveals he is a Chinese grandmother in shocking twist in the liberal party leadership dramas.

called it

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/noeltowell/status/1036808052895150080?s=21

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

This is evidence of a trend we've noticed down Albert Park. Even when the rich "aren't dressed" they still dress rich.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I cannot get enough of the libs framing the issue as labor ignoring a convention and not, y'know, the actual gross misconduct. Oh nooooo you're going to release confidential labor documents when you get in (lol)? DO IT COWARDS.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Is Matt the Rat gonna get his mob mates to take out hits on Vic Labor MPs?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Cool, let em do it, and then maybe we can finally shove the nothingburger that results in the face of every shitlord bogan that claims "they're all dishonest c**ts as bad as each other", like there's actually no difference in terms of the magnitude of corruption.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
(because apparently 3 royal commissions amounting to 0 stuck charges isn't enough?)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

quote:

“It will mean government will be very difficult to run in Victoria when you know that every single decision being made will be thrown open the moment you leave office.”

How can we possibly govern if we have to worry about every corrupt and incompetent decision we make potentially being exposed???

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

How can we possibly govern if we have to worry about every corrupt and incompetent decision we make potentially being exposed???

Hahaha I was joking when I said that before, I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to outright state it. Holy poo poo.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

quote:

Oliver noted that prices in Sydney rose 72% over five years to their August 2017 high, and Melbourne prices rose 57% over five years to their November 2017 high, so the current price declines are taking place in a context of recently strong capital gains.

quote:

the chief economist for Capital Economics in Australia, said values could slide by 12% over the next four years.

So this is barely loving anything and I will still never be able to afford a house? cool, cool cool.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Knobb Manwich posted:

I cannot get enough of the libs framing the issue as labor ignoring a convention and not, y'know, the actual gross misconduct. Oh nooooo you're going to release confidential labor documents when you get in (lol)? DO IT COWARDS.

it's the only argument to play though isn't it? by threatening to release labors dirty documents they hope people will go 'yeah i wanna see the dirt on labor too now' which is probably not going to be a thing that really happens.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Would people vote lib just because they made a likely empty threat to air our labor's dirt? Could people be that stupid? (:sigh:)

I'm reading the argument as Labor are untrustworthy and break conventions to the voters, and a warning to Labor not to do it again, which makes me wonder if know about something else.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I fully expect labor to release a bunch of stuff about Guy’s rezoning of Fishermen’s Bend.

He effectively doubled the size of the CBD by rezoning a bunch of industrial precinct into the most development friendly zone we have, and the biggest landowners in that industrial zone just happened to be major liberal party figures and donors.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

I'm reading the argument as Labor are untrustworthy and break conventions to the voters, and a warning to Labor not to do it again, which makes me wonder if know about something else.

Astonishing considering the pairing debacle they pulled earlier this year

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Solemn Sloth posted:

Genuinely psychotically believe the world is purely restricted to them and the other fuckheads the interact with

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 4, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
With the minor addition of journalists slobbering at their feet for "access"

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

The Peccadillo posted:

Genuinely psychotically believe the world is purely restricted to them and the other fuckheads the interact with

This, and also genuinely believing everyone is as corrupt as they are. For better or worse, when your culture (societal, Party, whatever) has normalised something, and it's a culture you're deeply absorbed in, you can genuinely forget/not realise not everyone operates in the same way that you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/sep/04/sunrise-breached-racial-contempt-rules-discussion-indigenous-children-watchdog

gently caress Channel 7.

• Locked thread