Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Get some of those nurse shoes.
Ugly as sin but drat they are comfy.

Or Crocs, if you have no shame whatsoever.

We have a dress code. :saddowns: So far I've been able to get away with a particularly cute pair of Dr. Martens, but I really want to wear my Skechers non-slip memory foam wide shoes for fat feet. Those things saved my rear end at my last job.

Thankfully I had a couple shifts at the convention that I could sit down for, but I definitely pushed myself too hard this weekend. I almost called out today because my right foot was killing me. I think I aggravated an old injury in my ankle, but it felt better after stretching and walking for a bit.. and now my left leg hurts because I've been favoring my right. On the upside, I did have a lot of fun this weekend and got to hang out with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. All of the work I had to do was pretty easy, and they're paying hourly wages on top of the free badge and swag so that's cool. I just hurt all over now.

One of these days I need to settle down with a nice cushy office job.. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Shoesforcrews make a bunch of subdued shoes that are great for standing in all day (designed for cooks/waiters/nurses/etc). And there are plenty of nurse shoes that look formal, as you get nurses moving up to be charge or admins and have to look formal, but want to keep the comfort of the shoes they had in their floor-walking days.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Queen Combat posted:

Shoesforcrews make a bunch of subdued shoes that are great for standing in all day (designed for cooks/waiters/nurses/etc). And there are plenty of nurse shoes that look formal, as you get nurses moving up to be charge or admins and have to look formal, but want to keep the comfort of the shoes they had in their floor-walking days.

Oh man I love these shoes and I think I love you too :stwoon:

E: gently caress nevermind, none of the styles I really like are available in wide sizes t:mad:t

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Sep 4, 2018

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

There are two bathrooms in my apartment and the toilets are different heights so sometimes I’m startled by the unexpected height and sit down all wrong if I’m not awake enough yet.

I told my husband this and he made fun of me :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I keep accidentally texting the wrong person because I don't pay enough attention, and also my work is so stressful it's literally breaking my brain so I think that contributes significantly to the texting the wrong person. And I keep writing the wrong word.

Eh maybe I have a brain tumor.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm getting many rude people because the concessions next door to me is closed. I guess being a complete jerk is appropriate behavior when coffee is 5 minutes away rather than right here.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm getting many rude people because the concessions next door to me is closed. I guess being a complete jerk is appropriate behavior when coffee is 5 minutes away rather than right here.

I have been slightly inconvenienced and it is your fault, person who did not and absolutely cannot make that decision.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a pizza slice place that offers a tasty dipping sauce for the crust for 50 cents. The problem is that sometimes they just give you the sauce for free and sometimes insist you pay. I tried being more talkative, always tip, etc but it appears to be random if the sauce is free or not.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Mu Zeta posted:

There's a pizza slice place that offers a tasty dipping sauce for the crust for 50 cents. The problem is that sometimes they just give you the sauce for free and sometimes insist you pay. I tried being more talkative, always tip, etc but it appears to be random if the sauce is free or not.

If I had to guess, it depends what power-mad manager is working.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Nothing sounds good to eat. Nothing. I need to pack lunch for tomorrow and looking in the full fridge just is blah. Even the thought of grabbing something out for lunch makes me gag. If this is a tapeworm, he is loving picky and lazy because I am not losing weight, just not that hungry.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I had an early morning appointment at a hospital on the far outskirts of the city and there's no Uber drivers out here. Now I'm going to be late for work.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

burial posted:

If I had to guess, it depends what power-mad manager is working.

Yep it’s this exactly. Some managers are insane about following Corporate Rules while others are more laid back. I give free stuff to people sometimes cause I’m not a coked out Corporate zombie.

On that note, I honestly think it’s corporate policy for corporate-trained managers to do coke, and it’s a secret. Stuff just doesn’t make sense otherwise.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I keep ordering books. The realization that I actually have money now is sinking in so I'm ordering piles of reading material. Now though I'm ordering it faster than I've been reading it. My book shelves are also full.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Japanese call that "Tsundoku".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44981013

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I forgot my phone charger in the hotel I stayed at.

I've had that charger (and cable) for years. I liked them. They were the exact size needed to pack them away in an inner pocket in my suitcase. It'll be years before I find another charger like that.

This, on top of the fact that I've had a super lovely day, but for non-FWP reasons so I'm not going to post about it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

English needs to start stealing these words.

I'm definitely going to read them but my backlog is up to a dozen or so. Granted that also won't take me long if I start feeling ambitious so eh. I do need more shelves though.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

English needs to start stealing these words.

I'm definitely going to read them but my backlog is up to a dozen or so. Granted that also won't take me long if I start feeling ambitious so eh. I do need more shelves though.

My three-tier unread bookshelf is full, and there's two piles of unread books in addition to the shelf. Help me.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

kreyla posted:

My three-tier unread bookshelf is full, and there's two piles of unread books in addition to the shelf. Help me.

Same situation. Got a new shelf to display stuff but had to get rid of old shelf so now I have a few piles of books on the floor and I’m not willing to give up any of my books.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My toaster oven is relatively inexpensive, but it's powerful enough that I always have to subtract a few minutes off the cooking time.

Like, it doesn't burn anything, it just overcooks things super easily.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I’m worried my health monitoring watch will not monitor my sleep properly because I woke up to take my medicine and can’t fall back asleep now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wanna play the new spiderman game but can't borrow my friend's PS4 cause he wants to play it first :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I can get the new Spider-Man game, Monster Hunter World, or a new phone. Not all three on the same paycheck :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I went to see my mom and I was saying how I’m gonna save money for an Apple Watch and was trying to sneak in ‘help me with a little money for my birthday cause it’ s soon’ but then she was like “I was gonna get you one for your birthday!”

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Not my problem but one I was involved with. A customer angrily threw her money at me because I asked her for proof she deserved the member discount on unlimited carousel rides by showing her member card. It was in her wallet in the bottom of the stroller and she didn't feel like getting it out. It was a lot of work to save $3 and totally unreasonable for me to make her do such a thing!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Leave it to Japan to create single words that perfectly describe abstract concepts. :japan:

Have they invented a word that describes always having a massive Steam backlog?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

Leave it to Japan to create single words that perfectly describe abstract concepts. :japan:

Yes, it’s Baka.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

DizzyBum posted:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I haven't touched my Steam library in three weeks because I've been busy having a job and a social life (sort of) and working at a stupid convention. I have today and tomorrow off and there's a lot of stuff I want to get done around the house, but I'm probably just going to end up poopsocking instead.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I keep opening Steam to play new games and I keep loading Kerbal Space Program to make toy planes :shrug:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Queen Combat posted:

I keep opening Steam to play new games and I keep loading Kerbal Space Program to make toy planes :shrug:

Yeah I have almost 300 games in my library.

Lately I've been playing Oxygen Not Included and...well that's it, really.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I rented two games from the library and I’ve had them for almost 2 weeks but I think I am traumatized from Resident Evil 7 so I am too scared to even start the games :(

And I want to continue RE7 but it’s too scary :( :( :(

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Goddammit, I just dropped $80 on Spider-Man, and now I wanna drop $60 on the new Dragon Quest.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I want to play more of the new Spider-Man game but it's a whole song and dance moving the Bluetooth thing for my cochlear implant from the computer to the TV :effort: it's not difficult, it takes like thirty seconds, but...
:effort:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Today is my last day at this job. I have a week off until I report to my next job and I'm getting sick.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I’m getting that Apple Watch for my birthday in about 2 months but I want it nooooowwwwww.

I’m also not looking forward to talking to the Apple store salesperson but I guess I can tolerate it because gimme gimme gimme

E: I can’t get that J.G. Wentworth song out of my head due to what I wrote. “I want it NOW

E2: 877-CASH-NOW! I should not have this memorized.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Sep 14, 2018

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I want to play more of the new Spider-Man game but it's a whole song and dance moving the Bluetooth thing for my cochlear implant from the computer to the TV :effort: it's not difficult, it takes like thirty seconds, but...
:effort:

It's honestly really cool that you can connect devices for your implant via Bluetooth dongles. Seriously. That's awesome to me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Intoluene posted:

It's honestly really cool that you can connect devices for your implant via Bluetooth dongles. Seriously. That's awesome to me.
It's honestly amazing, yeah. The first day we came home after upgrading to the new external processor that can do it, I'd left the bluetooth enabled and connected to my phone, and left my phone in the living room while I went to take a poo poo. Cue someone calling me and I'm sitting on the throne going "Where the gently caress, why am I hearing a phone ring in the- ooooh :stare:"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

E: I can’t get that J.G. Wentworth song out of my head due to what I wrote. “I want it NOW

E2: 877-CASH-NOW! I should not have this memorized.

A very fleeting FWP: wondering why I felt deja vu upon reading this, until I realized the previous thing I read was the Ads You Hate thread.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's honestly amazing, yeah. The first day we came home after upgrading to the new external processor that can do it, I'd left the bluetooth enabled and connected to my phone, and left my phone in the living room while I went to take a poo poo. Cue someone calling me and I'm sitting on the throne going "Where the gently caress, why am I hearing a phone ring in the- ooooh :stare:"

I for one welcome our new cyborg overlords, but hope they'll not give us orders while they're making GBS threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Compared to technology that existed 30 years ago that's loving magic.

I'm typing this on what is basically a star trek data slate. This thing THAT I AM HOLDING IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW was described as a thing I wouldn't see in my lifetime when I was a kid.

Now one is my phone and the other is mostly used for poo poo posting. Marvels of modern technology.