Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

cool dance moves posted:

:tito: truly the car of the proletariat

Is this a good moment to admit i come from an ex-:tito: country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cool dance moves posted:

:tito: truly the car of the proletariat

quote:

Of course, the Yugo is slow. You knew it would be slow the moment you looked at it, or the moment you heard of its "cheapest car" status, or the moment you did any research on what's actually powering it (a 55-horsepower 1.1-liter carbureted 4-cylinder). But if you had any doubts about its slowness, they'd be erased the second you opened the hood, when you discovered the engine is sharing its space with the spare tire. And that the spare tire is larger.

quote:

So is it the worst car ever made? Unequivocally, the Trabant I drove several weeks ago is worse -- much, much, much worse. On a different level of bad. The Trabant makes the Yugo seem like you've gone on "The Price Is Right," and you've won a free trip to Las Vegas, and they've sent a limo to pick you up at the airport.

But if you judge the Yugo against other 1980s cars, it's certainly quite bad. The worst car of its time? Probably. One of the most hilarious cars on the road today? Probably that, too.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Lol this thread:

https://twitter.com/KawasakiKR11/status/1036467621355548673?s=20

https://twitter.com/Andreas_Hopf/status/1036570642617978881?s=20

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TeslaCharts/status/1036440731819421696?s=20

https://twitter.com/TeslaCharts/status/1036440746654683136?s=20

A totally non suspicious, healthy looking distribution.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/TeslaCharts/status/1036609200326160385

https://twitter.com/markbspiegel/status/1036425435922554880

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Elon's not wrong about this.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Neither is Bannon :barf:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

the enemy of my enemy.... is still my enemy :negative:

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

no of course the loving narcasist isn't

in what world does you signalboosting an ousted political nightmare like Bannnon, who mind you is making GBS threads on Elon, in what world does this help Elon

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Morphix posted:

in what world does you signalboosting an ousted political nightmare like Bannnon, who mind you is making GBS threads on Elon, in what world does this help Elon

Well, you see, somebody is talking about Elon, therefor it is good for Elon.

It hurts Elon when nobody is talking about Elon.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

etalian posted:

lmao it funny how Tesla fans flipped out when the media started to do real investigation and quit doing softball puff pieces for Tesla.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/08/05/the-tesla-smear/

Lmao favourably citing Sheryl Atkinson

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Elon Musk also needs the media puff pieces similar to Theranos since it's the only thing keeping the grift game going.

Without new stock offering he's hosed from a balance sheet point of view due to things like the rapid debt accumulation over the last few years,

But somehow his fan club sees Tesla exceeding Toyota's production numbers a few years from now.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Here's one of the Graveyard Lots in Chicago that was discussed a month ago - the one with all the 12V batteries fried from too much idle time

https://twitter.com/phoennix10/status/1036783888344014848?s=20

The cars still haven't moved, they still have Factory Gate tags, and they have old VINs.

These aren't going to customers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Morphix posted:

Steve Bannon not liking a thing is usually a sign that said thing is good.

I mean in this case it isn't but in every other case...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

are the manufacturers required to use sequential vins?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Steve Bannon not liking a thing is usually a sign that said thing is good.

I mean in this case it isn't but in every other case...

Steve Bannon liking a thing is a sure sign said thing is bad.
Steve Bannon not liking a thing means nothing, as Steve Bannon dislikes lots of things, in a not very rational fashion.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sir Tonk posted:

no, but there's not a whole lot of reason to have them jump like that when you have, optimistically, two production lines at a single plant in one country

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

Not really, but there really is no good reason not to.
Also, note that they used to be sequential, and have started diverging from the sequence rapidly as the heat on Tesla rose in recent months.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FistEnergy posted:

Here's one of the Graveyard Lots in Chicago that was discussed a month ago - the one with all the 12V batteries fried from too much idle time

The cars still haven't moved, they still have Factory Gate tags, and they have old VINs.

i feel like we're going to get an amazing book out of this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

orcinus posted:

Not really, but there really is no good reason not to.
Also, note that they used to be sequential, and have started diverging from the sequence rapidly as the heat on Tesla rose in recent months.

speculation in the POS was that it could be blocked out based on production revisions, since they started rapid iteration bullshit on the model 3 lines recently. but it's just as likely complete bullshit

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

infernal machines posted:

no, but there's not a whole lot of reason to have them jump like that when you have, optimistically, two production lines at a single plant in one country

i mean, its pretty obvious that musk told them to start skipping numbers to make it look like theyre producing more cars

no other reason to do that

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
The statement is, and I quote, that an insult from Steve Bannon is the "Best PR I've had in a while". Can the court provide an example of any other good news for the Tesla brand in the last calendar year? No? We find then that the narcissistic car fraud spoke truthfully *bangs gavel* Internet Court is adjourned

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

speculation in the POS was that it could be blocked out based on production revisions, since they started rapid iteration bullshit on the model 3 lines recently. but it's just as likely complete bullshit

Sounds like bullshit to me.
They’ve been iterating from day one.

I remember the lights housings were one of the earliest changes to M3 alongside something else i forgot (seats, i think, because of a change in supplier), and that was like only a few weeks in. (They had to redesign the lights because water would accumulate inside them, and they’d fog up all the time, not unlike in some Yugos.)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Gosh why would noted extremely brainsmart financial genius and puppetmaster Steven K. Bannon be upset at Elon Musk

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

FistEnergy posted:

how many of these do they have lmao

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
cool, Goldman Sachs is resuming their coverage of Tesla today, after charging them a fat fee to 'advise' them on Musk's made up Go Private Plan.

New rating: Sell
New price target: $210

:ssh: At $250 Musk faces margin calls and could be forced to pledge more collateral and/or face to bloodshed

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

FistEnergy posted:

cool, Goldman Sachs is resuming their coverage of Tesla today, after charging them a fat fee to 'advise' them on Musk's made up Go Private Plan.

New rating: Sell
New price target: $210

:ssh: At $250 Musk faces margin calls and could be forced to pledge more collateral and/or face to bloodshed

:sad:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I want to tweet "$TSLA IS CRASHING! SELL SELL SELL SELL!" like someone did with Bitcoin, but I'm afraid of the SEC coming after me.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/eriz35/status/1036936389328338944

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

evobatman posted:

I want to tweet "$TSLA IS CRASHING! SELL SELL SELL SELL!" like someone did with Bitcoin, but I'm afraid of the SEC coming after me.

:justpost:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
those are some nice pre-market numbers imo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you are a long time holder of tsla, now might be a good time to sell or protect your position with options. Just saying.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

it's full of cars :awesomelon:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

FistEnergy posted:

:ssh: At $250 Musk faces margin calls

Margin calls for what?
Did you mean loan default?

Edit: TSLA solidly under 300 at open/rn. But it doesn’t mean much, as all the indexes opened with an 0.5-0.7% gap down, so almost literally all tech stocks are down.

orcinus has issued a correction as of 14:53 on Sep 4, 2018

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Just a reminder that ”Tesla will need to pay off a $230 million convertible loan in November unless Tesla's stock rises to $560.64 (in which case the debt would convert to Tesla stock). Then Tesla will owe $920 million on another convertible loan unless the stock price is above $359.87.”

That’s $1.15 billion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

orcinus posted:

Just a reminder that ”Tesla will need to pay off a $230 million convertible loan in November unless Tesla's stock rises to $560.64 (in which case the debt would convert to Tesla stock). Then Tesla will owe $920 million on another convertible loan unless the stock price is above $359.87.”

That’s $1.15 billion.

Love to mass produce dead cars

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do yo guys think the Tesla he launched into space was a working one?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do yo guys think the Tesla he launched into space was a working one?

Probably the only one if he wasn't lying about it being his own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-semi-speed-agility-praised-professional-driver/

“Tesla Semi ‘speed & agility’ praised by professional driver after electric truck encounter”

quote:

Emile Bouret is a professional test driver who has worked with Tesla for years. Bouret is a close friend of Tesla chief designer Franz von Holzhausen, and he has been asked to test drive the company’s vehicles from the Model S to the original Tesla Roadster. He was also the man who conducted test drives in the next-generation Tesla Roadster during the vehicle’s unveiling last November.

Sounds like a completely impartial opinion to me.