Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I use Speedcross 3 for trail, and have a pair of old Snowcross for winter running. I guess the newer ones don't have ice spikes so that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

man some people are pretty loving serious about capitalism

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MUST BUY CONSUMER GOODS FROM SOMEONE WHO PROFRESSES TO BE ON MY SIDE OF THE CULTURE WAR

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Well yeah how else will people interpret my steeze

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you boycott all sorts of poo poo, you might as well move to Pennsylvania and start exclusively buying amish made stuff. Companies giving money to republicans is the biggest "no poo poo" just from this last round of tax cuts.

Speedcross 3s were alright, but the 4s are a slight bit wider, which is nice because the 3s were agonizing after loooong days.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

If tillman didn't get domed with a 50 Cal he probably would've gone on to become anti war as gently caress and villanized worse than kapernick

Everything I’ve read about the guy suggests that he probably would have supported Kapernick taking a knee as well, but whatever. Most people who subscribe to hardcore hero worship can only respect Our War Heroes if they have the right political views (theirs).

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If you boycott all sorts of poo poo, you might as well move to Pennsylvania and start exclusively buying amish made stuff. Companies giving money to republicans is the biggest "no poo poo" just from this last round of tax cuts.

Speedcross 3s were alright, but the 4s are a slight bit wider, which is nice because the 3s were agonizing after loooong days.

LOL Lancaster County more of a scam (for the most part) than some kicks made in Bangladesh and marked up 1000%

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I just go to a running store each spring and try on a few different shoes and see which ones I like best. Guess I'd better start asking the salesperson to make sure my brand doesn't hate freedom.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Buy whatever, it doesn't matter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vasudus posted:

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Buy whatever, it doesn't matter.

Might as well not try to change anything ever then.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I disagree but I am an accelerationist.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I got a cousin who's a judge in Berks co, the amish are huuuuuuuuuuuuge dicks to dogs

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
If you REALLY wanna live ethically you gotta go live naked in the woods.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Culture wars poo poo is so stupid.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1036880662471618560?s=21

I'm sure we'll be out of the country any day now!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
we turned a corner!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

we turned a corner!

This block looks familiar.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

we turned a corner!

of the Middle East chiliagon.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

shame on an IGA posted:

I got a cousin who's a judge in Berks co, the amish are huuuuuuuuuuuuge dicks to dogs

Like malicious abuse? Neglect?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
hehe

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1036986290011394048?s=19

It's still all bullshit theatre as Republicans have the votes and have always had the votes.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Again, McCain is dead. The senate Dems can just refuse to show up and they don't have enough bodies for a quorum, right?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Crakkerjakk posted:

Again, McCain is dead. The senate Dems can just refuse to show up and they don't have enough bodies for a quorum, right?

Correct

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

No. From the Senate website:

quote:

Quorum

Article I, section 5 of the Constitution requires that a quorum (51 senators) be present for the Senate to conduct business. Often, fewer than 51 senators are present on the floor, but the Senate presumes a quorum unless a roll call vote or quorum call suggests otherwise

roll call vote - A vote in which each senator votes "yea" or "nay" as his or her name is called by the clerk, so that the names of senators voting on each side are recorded. Under the Constitution, a roll call vote must be held if demanded by one-fifth of a quorum of senators present, a minimum of 11

quorum call - A call of the roll to establish whether a quorum is present. If any senator "suggests the absence of a quorum," the presiding officer must direct the roll to be called. Often, a quorum call is terminated by unanimous consent before completion, which permits the Senate to use the quorum call to obtain a brief delay to work out some difficulty or await a senator's arrival.

So no, the Dems can't just not show up. The Senate would remain to function under the presumption of a quorum because there wouldn't be any Democrats to call for either a roll call vote or a quorum call, and of course no Republicans are going to do it.

While it's technically possible, it's also kind of like hoping that the electoral college would vote against Trump.

psydude fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 4, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If you're going full procedural "gently caress you" the president of the senate can request the sergeant at arms to go "arrest" senators and force them to the chamber.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

hobbesmaster posted:

If you're going full procedural "gently caress you" the president of the senate can request the sergeant at arms to go "arrest" senators and force them to the chamber.

This was dumb in house of cards and would be even stupider in reality so of course it’s going to happen at some point.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hobbesmaster posted:

Not to mention that the Governor of Arizona could just appoint the McCain replacement at any time and call it a day.

This is another one of those topics where the only way to actually fight it would've been to win elections (Senate/President) because there's always a way to break a Senate stalling tactic. If they can't break a stall based on current rules, they'll just change the rules. The game's over, we're just in the garbage time replay review.

M_Gargantua posted:

This was dumb in house of cards and would be even stupider in reality so of course it’s going to happen at some point.

If Democrats actually take the House or Senate, and the white house stonewalls against subpoenas and poo poo, I wouldn't be surprised to see Contempt of Congress arrests actually come back. Usually contempt citations are bullshit nothingburgers, but I could see that changing, but still only a 50/50 chance.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 4, 2018

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Republicans in Wisconsin were threatening to do that in 2011 during the collective bargaining shenanigans. So the Dems went to Rockford Il.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dems would have to go to Canada in this case which would be even dumber than the state legislatures going to a different state.

Has that ever worked well at the state level?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Dems would have to go to Canada in this case which would be even dumber than the state legislatures going to a different state.

Has that ever worked well at the state level?

Well, Wisconsin no longer has public employee collective bargaining, so apparently not.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1036996637212778497

"Let's do it LT, let's do the whole loving village!"

That 2020 Commission book, didn't bother me much. This might do the trick though.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 4, 2018

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WaPo got the new Woodward book. Some tweet recaps:

https://twitter.com/jjouvenal/status/1036997139241619456?s=19

https://twitter.com/GlennKesslerWP/status/1036997231084232705?s=19

Edit- CNN too:

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1036998173300944896?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 4, 2018

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Basically, everything is a goddamned mess and the only reasons it's not worse are that staffers are literally stealing papers from the President's desk and not listening to him.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol: Holy poo poo, aides stealing papers so he wouldn't sign them.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Basically a quorum call like in House of Cards where they compel all the senators will never happen. Also the DINOs would never agree to a walk-out and the centrists wouldn't walk out in the name of :decorum:

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Holy poo poo. It’s a goddamn miracle that the wheels haven’t completely come off yet. Or maybe they have and we just haven’t realized it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I know they'll never loving do it, but the cabinet needs to just loving 25th his broke brain rear end so we can deal with Pence and at the very least not worry about WW3 starting as we lose healthcare benefits and collective bargaining.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EBB posted:

Basically a quorum call like in House of Cards where they compel all the senators will never happen. Also the DINOs would never agree to a walk-out and the centrists wouldn't walk out in the name of :decorum:

The first sentence is only true because of the second. Its happened at a state level before so its certainly within the realm of possibility at the federal level.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
every time you hear trump say a thing and then not do a thing, there was always the possibility of his aides loving him over

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1037002170569248768?s=21

:lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

hobbesmaster posted:

finally they will arrest killary killton and Ben G Hazi

• Locked thread