Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Both abyssals down for the count! :toot: That was a lot of fun. I had more trouble with Marth than Grima. Grima got taken care of on like the second day, but I only just now beat Marth. It took a couple creative inherits on Veronica to get everything to work out, and I had to upgrade a few seals too, though not all of them ended up getting used in the final clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Emalde posted:

Higher average participation and infernal+ being worth several thousand more points creates a weird score acceleration factor which is compounded if the other teams aren't trying to defend any particular spot.

I doubt that many people are doing infernal+ as I have been top 5 in my team every round with just regular infernal

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The real boss of Abyssal Marth isn't Marth, it's that Panic Ploy cleric

E: :toot: despite putting off even looking at the Abyssals until yesterday, squeaked in under the deadline

Elyv fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 4, 2018

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Elyv posted:

The real boss of Abyssal Marth isn't Marth, it's that Panic Ploy cleric

That's why I call the map Abyssal Cleric.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The healer in Grima's Abyssal can be lured out turn 1, but Marth's healer is nested so far back. She was by far the most annoying enemy on the map

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Oneshot Jamke’s GHB on Infernal with my usual arena team+Sophia, feels kind of disappointing after the Abyssal challenges (as annoying as those were)

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
gently caress. Didn't finish Abyssal Marth in time because I didn't want to follow a guide turn by turn.

Well. I'm actually, like, in the battle?
Will it not count if I beat it now without exiting the map?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Jamke is the easiest infernal in a long time for my team. Oneshot it just just sorta sticking my units in range of the enemies without even having to think about it

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i mean, they designed a ghb specifically to hose people for having fliers and cavalry units, because gently caress you, i guess

i beat it with reinhardt just to prove a point more than anything else

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so why is Jamke a GHB

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ungulateman posted:

i mean, they designed a ghb specifically to hose people for having fliers and cavalry units, because gently caress you, i guess

i beat it with reinhardt just to prove a point more than anything else

That seems true to the original game, at least

Exceedingly easy though, except for letting Jamke guidance kill Marth a couple times out of stupidity

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

so why is Jamke a GHB

why is FRobin a GHB

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So they can give him crappy stats and skills without hurting their bottom line.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

cheetah7071 posted:

why is FRobin a GHB

she's grima.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Kana, Navarre.

Jamke, like Navarre, is at least an enemy unit before you recruit him.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Not hard for me at all. This map got extremely F!Grima'd to death; the only thing she didn't kill was the Sword Cavalier, which got 68x2'd by B!Ninian's bladetome.

Tired Moritz posted:

she's grima.

GHB, not LHB.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 4, 2018

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Did a last-minute take-down of Abyssal Grima today with another showing from the Eirika/Nino/L'Arachel/Flyzura semi-tactics team. This time, the MVP was Nino for taking out a tonne of enemies including Grima herself with a Blazing Flame in her face proving, once again, that when Nino does her best, she does her best with extreme force.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I originally wasn't too keen on Abyssal mode because I hate bloated stats masquerading as increased difficulty, but it ended up being a similar experience to the first round of GHB Elite quests. I had to think hard about who to use, what skills and seals to equip and how to position everyone in relation to their team and enemy movement. Sure, losing was frustrating, but each loss taught me something new. Beating each of the maps made me feel like a chessmaster!

Good stuff. I can't wait to do another one.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

pretty-boy archer team looking very good

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I used my A-Tiki and Jamke just melted to her and Titania. Like... this is probably the easiest GBH ever for me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

SL the Pyro posted:

GHB, not LHB.

still grima!! but with less spooky flames.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Jamke folded to team Flygons: FGrima, SYTiki, Myrrh, and Tana.

Strangely neither Grima nor SYTiki did much. Myrrh tanked the blue mage and Jamke like a champ with the Iote's Shield Seal, but Tana was MVP for Desperation merking that lance flier. That guy is a big jerk.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Flying Nino nuked the poo poo out of this entire map. Summer Tiki took care of Jamke
Ninian and Summer Tana were there for dancing/reposition shenanigans.

Extremely easy yes, especially after bashing my head against those Abyssal maps.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm actually having problem with this GHB.

I dont like Jamke teleporting :(

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
So uh, apparently 3,500 arena score wasn’t enough to move to t19. Or even stay in 18

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the guidance unit and precharged astra gave me trouble when i tried with Oliver but then i decided to do it the easy way and just have serra and 3 dancers demolish it

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Captain France posted:

gently caress. Didn't finish Abyssal Marth in time because I didn't want to follow a guide turn by turn.

Well. I'm actually, like, in the battle?
Will it not count if I beat it now without exiting the map?

If you manage to beat it on that try I believe it counts. You get no retries until it comes back, though.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I felt bad beating Jamke with merged dragon emblem, so I redid it with unmerged flyer emblem. Turns out fully buffed blade time HNowi can one shot Jamie on turn one. So it was still real easy.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

golden bubble posted:

I felt bad beating Jamke with merged dragon emblem

i sure didnt

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Beat Jamke with B!Hector, L!Lucina, PA!Azura, and H!Nowi. The pile of defensive buffs allowed Bector to tank the green axe and Nowi the blue mage. Good strategy it was not, but it worked. Almost felt like cheating after Marth and Grima.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Ippei_painter/status/1036831301066616833

I love all the silly stuff Ippei draws.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Took me a little bit of work to finish off Jamke's Infernal map (Naga bless my Flier Emblem team), mostly due to figuring out AI patterns. I absolutely love my +RES F!Morgan. She tanked the two mages on the left side of the map, causing Jamke to slide over to left side of the map away from the Guidance pegasus. And then Michalis turned Jamke himself into paste with Ignis. It's funny how the large forest hurts Jamke's team a lot. If you can keep them away from the pegasus, you can really make short work of the map. Unfortunately, NY!Camilla's job for this map was as a Goad Fliers/Drive Attack battery pack and really couldn't contribute much. It's a shame since she can be just as tanky as Michalis can be, which is nice to have when things get rough.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Didnt get exactly what I wanted from the legendary banner, but I guess I cant complain about the result with 2 Reins and an angry Robin.

Now the question is, which ones do I want to use?
- The Reins are +res/-def and +HP/-spd, of which the last one seems to be the best unless I'm forgetting something?
- Grima is +spd/-res, the one I have from before is +atk/-HP. Merging and flier buffs will put her at 45 speed which is decent, but the extra attack would probably be better for the beefed up content they're releasing these days? So indecisive.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

finally got off my fat butt and uploaded these good boys and girls to the thread for posterity. As of now, Camilla and Soleil are permanently retired from arena. Currently reworking a new core to try and break T21 with Caeda, Fae and Catria. Catria will be replaced by Shigure when I finish him.

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

I'm quite happy with how my Arena core turned out. The Tharja build works very well.

Not sure if they're HoF worthy, that's not up to me.

My Tharja will more or less retire soon, but I still need another merge for her replacement before showing her off.

wanda fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 4, 2018

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

valuum posted:

Didnt get exactly what I wanted from the legendary banner, but I guess I cant complain about the result with 2 Reins and an angry Robin.

Now the question is, which ones do I want to use?
- The Reins are +res/-def and +HP/-spd, of which the last one seems to be the best unless I'm forgetting something?
- Grima is +spd/-res, the one I have from before is +atk/-HP. Merging and flier buffs will put her at 45 speed which is decent, but the extra attack would probably be better for the beefed up content they're releasing these days? So indecisive.

+hp -speed is definitely the best of this rein IVs. Its not gonna be amazing at all but his speed is 100% useless

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The requirements for fall of fame are

-- be 5*+10
-- post in this thread at least a little
-- request it explicitly so I know you're actually proud of your +10

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

I do hereby request it. Explicitly.

Adbot