Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Y'all want camo challenges? Say hello to Signature Weapons

quote:

Players in Call of Duty know that a loadout isn’t just what you carry into battle… it helps to define who you are as a player. Whether you’re spending countless hours tinkering with your perfect set of tools to carry into a match or watching Killcams to see what your enemy used to take you down, loadouts are a constant source of pride and bragging rights in Call of Duty.

For the first time in a Call of Duty game, Black Ops 4 will introduce Signature Weapons. These are cosmetic variations of the base weapons in Black Ops 4, each with their own challenges and rewards. Signature weapons do not have any game-altering stats and perform exactly like their base weapon counterparts. The beauty of Signature Weapons is in the additional layers of depth that they add to the game’s progression with their individual challenges. These challenges must be completed in order to unlock additional cosmetic rewards for that weapon, with the final being a Mastercraft version of the Signature Weapon.

Signature Weapons are the most badass looking weapons in Black Ops 4, and a badge of honor for the battle-hardened players that have invested the time to achieve the Mastercraft versions.

Players who purchase the Digital Deluxe, Digital Deluxe Enhanced, Pro Edition or Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will receive the MX-9 Signature Weapon on Day 1.

And that’s not all! Players who pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 specifically at GameStop will receive the Strife pistol Signature Weapon: “Divinity” on Day One. Players that complete in-game challenges with the Divinity and manage to unlock all of its rewards can wield the golden “Divine Justice” and showcase their skill and dedication to friends and foes alike.

That’s right. Pre-order the Pro Edition at GameStop and get TWO Signature Weapons at Launch: the MX-9 SMG and the Divinity Pistol. Pre-order now and receive these Signature Weapons when Black Ops 4 launches on October 12, 2018 and stay tuned for more information about Signature Weapons.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hideous

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

quote:

For the first time in a Call of Duty game, Black Ops 4 will introduce ... cosmetic variations of the base weapons

lmao for loving real?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fallom posted:

lmao for loving real?

Technically I think they’re referring to camo variants that have individual challenges tied to them for even more camos!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That part is also not new

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 29, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Look they have to pitch something, ok???

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

widespread posted:

Time for goons to buy an Xbox again. I guess.
Or just, y'know find a used copy at Gamestop for $2.99 and fire up the ol' 360.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you have any of Spoon Man's riot shield videos?

Why yes, I certainly do.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Or just, y'know find a used copy at Gamestop for $2.99 and fire up the ol' 360.

I thought you couldn't cross play between 360 and Xbone though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

widespread posted:

When they BC'd the original Blops I played on my 360 with a friend who had an xbone, so it works just fine.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

widespread posted:

I think his applies to games that don't require backwards compatibility. iirc, when you use backwards compatibility on xbone it basically emulates an xbox 360, including all the non-game menus.

I sold my xbone when I got bored of ww2 but I'm gonna be plugging in my 360 to teach a new generation how to play mw2 ffa.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

widespread posted:

The Bone is acting as a 360 emulator to run the software, and includes online for all games where the matchmaking servers weren't killed *cough*EA*cough*.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm bad at making videos but hey

my second deatomizer ever

https://twitter.com/i/status/1036670477593276416 (IW)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

The Bone is acting as a 360 emulator to run the software, and includes online for all games where the matchmaking servers weren't killed *cough*EA*cough*.

Yeeeeeah. One of the first games I tried recently that was BC with the Bone was Bad Company 2.

Then I bought MW2 digitally and am now considering both Black Ops 2 and Halo Reach MP.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Black Ops 2 has been hacked to hell, don't bother with it. They got a mod menu into the community files and its loving everywhere now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Black Ops 2 has been hacked to hell, don't bother with it. They got a mod menu into the community files and its loving everywhere now.

Drat. Guess I'll just scour PC for some legit games of that then.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

Yeeeeeah. One of the first games I tried recently that was BC with the Bone was Bad Company 2.

Then I bought MW2 digitally and am now considering both Black Ops 2 and Halo Reach MP.

Everything after Halo 3/ODST MP is trash. You can safely ignore it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
reach was the second best halo mp after 2 and if you disagree you're still mad about armor lock

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Actually, I'm mad that they ruined the plasma rifle's entire reason for existence by making it a two hand weapon, along with getting rid of Firefight, deployables, and the new grenades.

Literally every game in the Halo franchise has been a step back from Halo 3 in terms of features offered to the player

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if we're docking points for 'not having firefight' you should know halo 3 didn't have it and reach did.

i do agree that if you liked halo 3 a lot you probably didn't like reach as much, but halo 3 was imo the least enjoyable of the multiplayer in the bungie halos. it was still good, mind, i just enjoyed 2 and reach a lot more.

when is the blackout beta again? should I keep this installed on my SSD still or is it a ways away?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Well poo poo now y'all got me conflicted. I dunno whether to stick with 3 or get Reacharound. Either way, I am almost positive the display for player count on my end is super hosed. And also the fact apparently MCC was a trashfire.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

when is the blackout beta again? should I keep this installed on my SSD still or is it a ways away?

Beta begins Sept 10th for PS4 players, Sept 15th for PC.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if we're docking points for 'not having firefight' you should know halo 3 didn't have it and reach did.

i do agree that if you liked halo 3 a lot you probably didn't like reach as much, but halo 3 was imo the least enjoyable of the multiplayer in the bungie halos. it was still good, mind, i just enjoyed 2 and reach a lot more.

Well it's been a good six or seven years since I've played Reach. I thought only ODST had Firefight. :shrug:
The biggest problem was Reach took things out, ruined the plasma rifle, and basically didn't add anything worthwhile with the "classes".
There's a reason everyone prefers Halo 2 and 3's mp.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Reach was Good.

Everything after has been a mixed bag at best.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Facetious posted:

Well it's been a good six or seven years since I've played Reach. I thought only ODST had Firefight. :shrug:

Reach had way more customization, so you could just chill out with unlimited ammo, all-grunt, birthday party-enabled funtimes.

Also, the plasma rifle was always bad, that was by design, and the only dual wieldable weapon that didn't go straight out the window in any remotely serious match was the Mauler.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

widespread posted:

What's the deal with BC2? I rebought a disc copy and was all giddy to play one of my favorite games again and there were no servers, but I thought BC2 resurgence was like, a thing when it hit BC? I couldn't tell if it was just dead as gently caress or if the servers were officially offline.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

What's the deal with BC2? I rebought a disc copy and was all giddy to play one of my favorite games again and there were no servers, but I thought BC2 resurgence was like, a thing when it hit BC? I couldn't tell if it was just dead as gently caress or if the servers were officially offline.

You know, I think it is because there is no server browser so you're forced to go through Quick Match for all modes.

Also maybe BF1 killed it, idk.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

Also, the plasma rifle was always bad, that was by design, and the only dual wieldable weapon that didn't go straight out the window in any remotely serious match was the Mauler.

The plasma rifle was great because you could dual wield it with an smg/pistol, thereby eating shields and eliminating health in the blink of an eye.
Reach actually made it less accurate, less damaging, and less versatile, with a worse cooldown. Because Heaven forbid anything threaten the Battle Rifle and DMR meta.
Every Halo after 3 is just a list of the devs taking things OUT of the game, instead of adding ever more. Less weapons, less vehicles, no dual-wielding, no deployables, less grenade types.

Again; there's a reason Halo 2 and 3's MP remains the most popular.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 4, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hope you guys are hyped for 100 80 players Call of Duty! Here’s some random Blackout deals that may or may not make any sense:

- Blackout will have timed events where you can get rewards related to the events much like in WW2.
- Characters in blackout will have missions in-game you need to complete in order to get it.
- You can earn items by progressing at the game (hints towards ranks) something like battle pass.
- There’s perks in addition to weapons.
- There are A.I controlled zombies, but in addition there are zombies spawning randomly in many zombies location, (Verruct is not the only one)
- You can put your loot on a cargo trucks.
- You can grab Ruin's grappling hook in black out/
- Blackout will not have different weathers
- No third person at all.
- The main location of blackout is in fact Firing range...
- Emotes are planned for blackout.
- Zombies melee weapon is featured in blackout.
- NOVA GAS IS ACTUALLY THE CIRCLE OF THIS GAME!
- No in-game characters quotes in blackout...
- Nuketown is in Blackout as Nuketown Island.
- They’re releasing the map in fragments right now on twitter and I’m too lazy to stitch poo poo together right now
- Final player count has not been locked and could be reduced by launch.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 4, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm not interested in Battle Royale/Blackout and hearing that zombies are part of the experience really solidifies this.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There are people who only buy COD for Zombies at this point so including elements of that mode in Blackout might be a way of getting them into it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Game Informer’s digital issue is out and apparently has more info on this poo poo so expect more information throughout the week.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lambert posted:

I'm not interested in Battle Royale/Blackout and hearing that zombies are part of the experience really solidifies this.

Yeah, if I wanted DayZ/H1Z1/a thousand others, I would have bought it five years ago.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here's some non-descriptive screenshots of farms and maps and people shooting at nothing

Blackout numbers:
- 3 tiers of health and armor
- 8 primary ammunition types
- 12 equipment items
- 17 consumable perks
- 17 weapon attachments
- 24 weapons
- 125 items

Congratulations, they've created.... PUBG.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
eagerly looking forward to the two of you criticizing the mode at every turn while also logging triple-digit playtimes in it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

eagerly looking forward to the two of you criticizing the mode at every turn while also logging triple-digit playtimes in it

I only hate it because I care, Day Day. And we get a beta to see how good and/or bad it is!

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

PUBG w/o the server issues and horrible performance sounds like a incredible value to include w/o a paywall.

Game keeps looking better and better. Hope they do not add DLC dollar guns. :(

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

faantastic posted:

Hope they do not add DLC dollar guns. :(

Lol. Reach for that rainbow, princess. One day you’ll touch it, I swear!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

housefly posted:

I paid 2 win

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

As them weird kids say, where we droppin'.

Map seems... maybe too spread out? I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That map looks super small. Here’s a better image:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 5, 2018