Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
nobody should be allowed to do the extremely lazy "action series spinoff....where the characters are in a high school comedy!" thing since Blame! did it, because you will never top that

Knowing nothing about it I hope book store skeleton turns out to be a surprise hit

I am incredibly surprised REGENESIS got a second season.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

So far I think the only thing I'm going to watch is Bloom Into You and that's mostly because Nox seems to love it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also I didn't realize Gundam NT was 1.) A movie and 2.) happening next season. Might give that a shot if it gets picked up anywhere.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fingers still crossed that karakuri circus actually has a budget

the only person translating the manga was apparently permanently broken by the 2016 election.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Sports! and Shorts!

also the slime show, that odd space fishing thing and whatever the PA works show is

where the red fern gropes posted:

there's a series called "The Emperor and I" which i think you would really enjoy (penguin shows up in a fridge)

This seems pretty great, thank you

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Bloom into You seems like a no brainer. Gay as gently caress source material and series composition from the Place Further Than the Universe/Euphonium guy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am kind of interested in skeleton bookstore and slime dad, but put all the sirens on Double Decker.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Definitely watching Golden Kamui and Golden Wind. I might not watch many other new shows due to how long my anime backlog is getting, but I'm considering Karakuri Circus, Double Decker, and Alicization.

"I thought this dumb trend was dead by now" award goes to Ore ga Suki nano...

"Who the gently caress greenlighted [sic] this?!" award goes to CONCEPTION.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

put all the sirens on Double Decker.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im just watching jojo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Am I mistaken, or does Double Decker have the Killing Bites narrator?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Junichi Suwabe is a killer narrator. :v:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I will probably give the Doga Kobo stuff a shot.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
I absolutely cannot wait for Joey JoJo.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Double Decker and Gurazeni

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I think the only thing on there I care about is Gurazeni but heck the first season was one of my fave shows of the year so that's alright by me.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice posted:

I think the only thing on there I care about is Gurazeni but heck the first season was one of my fave shows of the year so that's alright by me.

I wasn't expecting season 2 so quickly

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I wasn't expecting season 2 so quickly

Yeah seriously. It was a hell of a surprise and frankly I wasn't expecting a second season to happen at all.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hey, we're on the second half of Summer season. Anything in particular people think is cool that I should watch? I think I'm going to watch that volleyball show, but anything else?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Hey, we're on the second half of Summer season. Anything in particular people think is cool that I should watch? I think I'm going to watch that volleyball show, but anything else?

High Score Girl is unique and pretty charming. Planet With is an excellent mecha anime with incredibly efficient storytelling and an endearingly weird sense of humour.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Tonegawa and Lupin are good.

Lupin's alternating between one-off capers and longer arcs, ranging from "Lupin's toilet is backed up and nobody's willing to fix it" to "Lupin deals with a CIA coup attempt".

And Tonegawa follows the ordinary adventures of an extraordinary man, showing the middle management escapades necessary to set up Kaji's death games.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 5, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I will never stop making fun of Ingress

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Watch planet with

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Toalpaz posted:

Starlight Revue, Hanebado and Cells at Work are all pretty great although Revue kind of requires fansubs

I've been enjoying Tsukumogami Kashimasu a lot too so it's worth checking out if you're into the premise (a pair in edo-period japan run a rental shop and solve peoples problems with the help of their 'haunted' goods) at all imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERHrHBGP7Q

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

In addition to the stuff already recced, Yama No Susume/Encouragement Of Climb’s 3rd season has been an excellently crafted and increasingly emotional little ride. The episodes are short, too, so even if you haven’t watched the previous seasons you can breeze through them nice and quickly.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Also you should be watching gegege no kitaro

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo I saw the image for Gridman and immediately had a flash of nostalgia, and it seems that was the source of the old power rangers knockoff I had as a kid from SUPERHUMAN SAMURAI SYBER SQUAD

god the 90's were chock full of goofy as poo poo chopped up renditions of japanese super sentai series. That and Big Bad Beetle Borgs with the goddamn dracula elvis and co characters.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Oh poo poo, Banana Fish is a full 24 episodes? I guess I'll drop it then. It's decent, but not really "I want to watch six more hours of this" decent.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

SUPERHUMAN SAMURAI SYBER SQUAD

Jeez, I've been trying to remember the name of this show for years, I barely remember what it was about or whether it was any good or not.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Thanks folks, much appreciated.

E: Halfway through the second episode of Harukana Receive, and there's not heterosexual explanation for Kanata's actions. Fantasizing about her best friend, sneaking peaks, not taking things in a heterosexual way and giving those gay crush reactions etc.

It's enjoyable.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 5, 2018

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
RELEASE THE SPYCE.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

bookstore skeleton sounds like it won't take itself too seriously

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bloom gets a new key visual and a release date of October 5th.

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1038105401772789760

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm curious as to how double decker will reconcile itself with tiger and bunny, since they are supposed to share a setting. are they just not gonna mention nexts?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my first guess is that Anthem is derived from whatever gives NEXTs their powers, but yeah the setting being an isolated island city-state doesn't necessarily lend itself to tying into the rest of T&B's world at first glance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kotetsu and Barnaby are gonna come and go on a double date with Doug and Kiril

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Kotetsu and Barnaby are gonna come and go on a double date with Doug and Kiril

Quadruple date with Robot and Boxer and Pink and Rookie.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dogsicle posted:

my first guess is that Anthem is derived from whatever gives NEXTs their powers, but yeah the setting being an isolated island city-state doesn't necessarily lend itself to tying into the rest of T&B's world at first glance.

nexts are naturally occurring. aside from how they all look like normal humans by default, they are totally marvel-style mutants. young agnes popped up for a couple seconds in dd. so, (assuming that wasn't just a meaningless cameo) while the events of this show predate t&b and possibly hero tv, they can't possibly have happened before mr. legend rose to prominence. what's more, this special police squad can only get involved when there is evidence of anthem usage, but that evidence includes spontaneous super powers and there are other kinds of spontaneous super powers. what's more, those special bullets are specifically designed for use against anthem users! i'm not sure why they decided to use the same setting when the premises of the two shows don't really fit.

still, continuity sperging aside i quite liked the first episode and all the lady detectives seem cool as heck.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was thinking of it more as whatever in NEXT biology causes the power had been isolated and turned into a drug but i didn't put Agnes Izzet and Agnes Joubert together so had no idea where it placed in the timeline other than finding the b&w television broadcast and steampunk aesthetic to be really weird compared to T&B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Was there a Unison Square Garden OP and ED, tho'?

• Locked thread