Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah I was convinced it would be another chapter or two. I'm sure some other disaster is coming but I'm so happy for Chang :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Magissima posted:

Yeah I was convinced it would be another chapter or two. I'm sure some other disaster is coming but I'm so happy for Chang :3:

This is absolutely more tense than the entirety of one poker

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
absolutely insane that during the entirety of the restricted rps arc of kaiji there was a guy with a bunch of cats inside one of the tables

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

There was a low key reference to loving Death Crimson :allears:

Also echoing that Chang's Bizarre Adventure is insanely anxiety inducing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hindsight lol

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Reading Gin To Kin and man financial fuckery sounds right up my alley. There really is a manga about everything.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

holy gently caress tonegawa does not disappoint

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jesus Christ Chang gets lost arc is really tense as gently caress.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ahahah

Aug 24, 2011

are there any other comedies in this series because tonegawa is excellent and i want more

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
World's Strongest Man Kurosawa probably has more comedy parts than the others. Not really a comedy though overall unfortunately.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 12, 2018

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Jesus Christ Chang gets lost arc is really tense as gently caress.

this is kaiji's biggest challenge yet: attempting to pass his driver's theory test

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Poor Chang, hosed again. How much has he spent on cab fare at this point? If you go back to chapter 273 and look closely you can tell he got the name wrong but Jesus, even the translator seems not to have noticed

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chang :piss:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hippie Hyoudou ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also did you guys see the Nabeshin cameo because he wrote this weeks ep

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this is harrowing i hate it

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
That was some insanely dark comedy on this week's Tonegawa, holy poo poo. Almost feels like the body double twist might be used in the actual Kaiji story at some point.

Aug 24, 2011

lol the 11th hyodo in the intro credits suddenly makes sense

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gin to Kin gave me an idea.. I'm gonna start my own horse racing gambling scam by using my connections with saudi oil families!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

Soiled Meat
I'm sure there's at least one guy in the Trump administration who would take that bet

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And so the Chang gets lost arc comes to an end.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I think it is a little strange that Mario, the Pinoy trashpicker who spent his entire life in a landfill, knows so much about modern hotels but what are you gonna do about it.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
http://ilu.no/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao the redone Tonegawa speech from the Espoir arc ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The last scene is making me hope that Madhouse will do the loving Kazuya arc next year

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis posted:

The last scene is making me hope that Madhouse will do the loving Kazuya arc next year

:pray:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they shant

Aug 24, 2011

these are the speeches from before kaiji showed up

what i really want to see is the entire espoir kaiji arc, summed up in a single episode, and told from the point of view of tonegawa as everything goes wrong, along with some half-assed excuse for why he has a different voice actor

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

where the red fern gropes posted:

these are the speeches from before kaiji showed up

what i really want to see is the entire espoir kaiji arc, summed up in a single episode, and told from the point of view of tonegawa as everything goes wrong, along with some half-assed excuse for why he has a different voice actor

The salt in the air messed up his throat that much!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Turns out Chang getting lost helped them. And I am always happy to see Teiai look like Idiots considering how horrible they are.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
(Tonegawa anime spoilers) Changing the opening/title for the episode was a nice touch.

Edit: The ending too! :vince:

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 10, 2018

Aug 24, 2011

that is not at all where i expected tonegawa to go

not sure if this is going to be a permanent ongoing thing, but i'm curious to see what it does next

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Boo, I was hoping the guy heading up the team was a scarred up Tonegawa instead of some guy from the Bog arc I dont even remember

Aug 24, 2011

i like how he spends a huge amount of money on an outside trip and then just fucks around picking lint out of his socks until it's time to go home

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

where the red fern gropes posted:

i like how he spends a huge amount of money on an outside trip and then just fucks around picking lint out of his socks until it's time to go home

It's actually not as much money as you would think. The Underground Currency is like worth 10% of a Yen. So it's like 500 bucks. So quite a bit yes, but Ohtuski has heavily gamed the system and is in no danger of running out of money. (Until Kaiji exposes him.)

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Meme Emulator posted:

Boo, I was hoping the guy heading up the team was a scarred up Tonegawa instead of some guy from the Bog arc I dont even remember

don't diss Otsuki, he's a hella popular character in Japan

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's actually not as much money as you would think. The Underground Currency is like worth 10% of a Yen. So it's like 500 bucks. So quite a bit yes, but Ohtuski has heavily gamed the system and is in no danger of running out of money. (Until Kaiji exposes him.)

Exactly 1 perica = 1 sen = 0.1 yen, so yeah. The one-day parole has hovered between $450 and $550 basically as long as it's had a price named. (Coincidentially, it's also 100 12oz light beers, so not much more than a satisfying couple weekends by the standards of down-and-outs who are also doing heavy physical labor.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Symbolic Butt posted:

don't diss Otsuki, he's a hella popular character in Japan

Also he was from the Cee-lo arc, not the Bog arc.

Otsuki is interesting namely in that he is a debtor like Kaiji, but managed to turn his debt into an opportunity. Because of how he has risen in rank and gamed the system he is in, he makes more money then the average person. He could have easily cleared his debts by now, but has turned his debt into a well paying job.

Right before Kaiji beat him, he had been planning on going on a Hawaiian vacation for a few days.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao I wanna know which Hentai Mag Gin to Kin ran before it got canned