Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

jak ii should be five hours shorter than it is cause now i'm getting into some of the extremely lovely late-game missions and i just want the game to end. i can't even imagine doing hero mode with a game this long and this bullshit

also it's weird that the keira subplot is just built on erol, who's entire character is being a weird slimy rear end in a top hat and someone who you've never seen in literally any other context, walking in and saying "jak i'm gonna murder you and gently caress your girlfriend" and then keira getting mad at jak for saying that erol is a bad guy

I like how Keira is behind a curtain for most of her story and doesn't recognize you because she's never heard Jak speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Should've done a Valkyria Chronicles or Gun Gale Online collaboration to really exploit the impulse buys.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Speaking of collaborations this gacha I play is doing one with Persona 5 and it changed all the UI/music to be Persona 5 themed and I was real confused before I realized what was happening.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So what you're saying is that you never saw it coming

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

al-azad posted:

I like how Keira is behind a curtain for most of her story and doesn't recognize you because she's never heard Jak speak.

And then she just disappears for Jak 3

and then (Jak 3 spoilers) Erol was the main bad guy behind pretty much everything bad that was happening in Jak 3

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Had a series of particularly rough comp matches in Overwatch with this same doofus on the enemy team every time, and for whatever reason he latched onto poo poo talking me despite my not having said anything more than "glhf" or "gg" the whole time. Last match came along and we steamrolled his team, though he was still doing pretty good, and I just threw an offhanded "was X guy throwing the match? sorry guys" at the enemy team and the dude lost his mind.

All caps spam, threatening to fight me IRL, spamming me with friend requests when the match was done. Felt good.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
so when do you fight him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I finished torchlight, the final boss is terrible and requires you to grind 5 levels for some reason, despite the rest of the game being well-balanced

I do have torchlight 2 on humble trove but i dunno if i want to jump right into it

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

so when do you fight him

Summer Slam 2019.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

I finished torchlight, the final boss is terrible and requires you to grind 5 levels for some reason, despite the rest of the game being well-balanced

I do have torchlight 2 on humble trove but i dunno if i want to jump right into it

I enjoyed torchlight 1 and 2 a ton but torchlight 2 definitely suffers if you play it on too hard of a difficulty because of how the damage calculations for critical hits work. Basically, don't play TL2 on a high difficulty because iirc critical hits will just one-shot you no matter what and you have no way to stop it from happening unless you're the engineer class.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Torchlight 1 and 2 were good. Not sure why they decided to make the new one an MMO.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I liked Torchlight 1 when it came out, especially because the world hadn't had a good arpg since Titan Quest. Sometimes frustrating difficulty curve. Torchlight 2 I could take or leave, it was fun for the time but it came out at the same time as Borderlands 2, and after Diablo 3. While T1 was a breath of fresh air, T2 was already-treaded ground overshadowed by the competition.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Torchlight 1 I really enjoy

Torchlight 2 always felt like The Indie Game Take on Diablo 3.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ahahaha Valve you are terrible.

Just stick with not curating poo poo on steam and actively making it worse.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy_nUw50PtM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Garfield please make more new games for Valve.

Not like this, it isn't what I had in mind Garfield.

GARFIELD

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xUqnN9f.mp4

Right click -> Unmute

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

al-azad posted:

Sonic was never advertised for his speed in Japan, he's more of a smug rear end in a top hat who exudes confidence. The back of that box translates as "Screw the ordinary. I know what's important, so yeah, I'm pretty drat confidant."

his name is SONIC! his name drat is sonic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

b_d posted:

his name is SONIC! his name drat is sonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPC8W672mXc

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

WHat is this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cyberblyat 2077

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the eve online banners are all terrible

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
metal gear ghost babel's first half is significantly better than its second half. jesus

this entire power station level is just, a loving headache of annoying mazes that suck rear end to traverse and air vents that take an eternity to crawl through

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 4, 2018

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

the eve online banners are all is terrible

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The wikipedia article on Sonic is a real trip

"Many results came forth from their experiments with character design, including an armadillo (who was later developed into Mighty the Armadillo), a dog, a Theodore Roosevelt look-alike in pajamas (who would later be the basis of Dr. Robotnik/Eggman's design), and a rabbit (who would use its extendable ears to collect objects, an aspect later incorporated in Ristar).[10][11] Naoto Ohshima took some of these internal designs with him on a trip to New York City and sought feedback by asking random passerbyers at Central Park their opinions; of the designs, the spiky teal hedgehog, initially codenamed "Mr. Needlemouse",[6] led this informal poll, followed by Eggman and the dog character. Ohshima felt that people selected it because it "transcends race and gender and things like that.""

"his personality was based on then-presidential candidate and later President of the United States Bill Clinton's "Get it done" attitude during the 1992 presidential campaign.[10][13][14][15] To help sell the idea to Sega's higher-ups, Ohshima pitched the concept framed by a fictional fighter pilot that had earned the named "Hedgehog" due to his spiky hair, and had decorated his plane with images of Sonic."

"The original concepts gave Sonic fangs and put him in a band with a human girlfriend named Madonna. "

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss this RPG and wish it was on Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyberpunk 2077 looking nuts.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the spiky teal hedgehog, initially codenamed "Mr. Needlemouse",[6] led this informal poll, followed by Eggman and the dog character. Ohshima felt that people selected it because it "transcends race and gender and things like that.""
. . .
"his personality was based on then-presidential candidate and later President of the United States Bill Clinton's "Get it done" attitude during the 1992 presidential campaign.
. . .
"The original concepts gave Sonic fangs and put him in a band with a human girlfriend named Madonna. "

:popeye:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

sonics personality was modeled after bill clinton.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The wikipedia article on Sonic is a real trip

"Many results came forth from their experiments with character design, including an armadillo (who was later developed into Mighty the Armadillo), a dog, a Theodore Roosevelt look-alike in pajamas (who would later be the basis of Dr. Robotnik/Eggman's design), and a rabbit (who would use its extendable ears to collect objects, an aspect later incorporated in Ristar).[10][11] Naoto Ohshima took some of these internal designs with him on a trip to New York City and sought feedback by asking random passerbyers at Central Park their opinions; of the designs, the spiky teal hedgehog, initially codenamed "Mr. Needlemouse",[6] led this informal poll, followed by Eggman and the dog character. Ohshima felt that people selected it because it "transcends race and gender and things like that.""

"his personality was based on then-presidential candidate and later President of the United States Bill Clinton's "Get it done" attitude during the 1992 presidential campaign.[10][13][14][15] To help sell the idea to Sega's higher-ups, Ohshima pitched the concept framed by a fictional fighter pilot that had earned the named "Hedgehog" due to his spiky hair, and had decorated his plane with images of Sonic."

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

gotta go fast

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Verranicus posted:

gotta go fast

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

The Colonel posted:

metal gear ghost babel's first half is significantly better than its second half. jesus

this entire power station level is just, a loving headache of annoying mazes that suck rear end to traverse and air vents that take an eternity to crawl through

Yup. It’s a solid try for a GB game but the 2nd half is just bullshit

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Shindragon posted:

Yup. It’s a solid try for a GB game but the 2nd half is just bullshit

this power plant is really just, killing any motivation i had to finish the game. jesus christ it is so loving annoying to navigate

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Frozen bananas make an excellent smoothie base

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i saw a thing that suggests using frozen bananas as a faux ice cream

Adbot