Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:thurman:

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Who was this guy again?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Immanentized posted:

This can't be coincidental, context in first reply

It is.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1037078112981405696

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DAS Super! posted:

Who was this guy again?

A med group doctor who went Columbine on his hospital for Allah.

Commoners posted:

No, it's Dorner. He shot a bunch of people around southern california in the name of fighting police corruption. He even got onto the Imperial Beach base while looking for our CO at the time to probably shoot him, because he gave him a bad mark in his record for being a crazy fucker.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 4, 2018

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

"Of Jewish and Mexican descent" doesn't loving matter, "White-ness" is in the eye of the beholder. The WP hand sign thing is kinda eye-rolley, but lets not pretend like the right doesn't have it's lot of folks who would be first in the oven vehemently spreading their propaganda or working to help their political agenda.

edit: It's not it's Barackaflockaflame doing it at a NAACP rally, where a knee jerk reaction would be absurd.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 4, 2018

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Bullshit, that means that Stephen Miller is absolved due to the fact that his maternal side escaped the holocaust. Same thing with half the hangers-on in Right Wing Media, I'd reference Laura Loomer as an example. Just because these people are in positions of influence or power does't reduce the tribalism-based nature of modern politics.

There is no configuration on the human body that will result in a resting pose that looks like that. Either she was saying something in support of, or warning on Kavanaugh's positions.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Immanentized posted:

Bullshit, that means that Stephen Miller is absolved due to the fact that his maternal side escaped the holocaust. Same thing with half the hangers-on in Right Wing Media, I'd reference Laura Loomer as an example. Just because these people are in positions of influence or power does't reduce the tribalism-based nature of modern politics.

There is no configuration on the human body that will result in a resting pose that looks like that. Either she was saying something in support of, or warning on Kavanaugh's positions.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence, I say for the 500th time.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Some people are awkward. I feel like this is a bit much.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that just the sign you make below your waist for that stupid shoulder-punching game that became a meme?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wait, a backhanded "okay" hand gesture is a white supremacy thing? Is that what I saw?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah I think people are really reaching. She doesn’t need to secretly signal her white supremacy. She works for Donald loving Trump.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm yeah maybe this is the one person in the administration that isn't a racist

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
she might be one of the ones making tariff paperwork disappear in an attempt to keep the titanic afloat by bailing water with a 2-gallon bucket

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

KirbyKhan posted:

No, it's Dorner. He shot a bunch of people around southern california in the name of fighting police corruption. He even got onto the Imperial Beach base while looking for our CO at the time to probably shoot him, because he gave him a bad mark in his record for being a crazy fucker.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

boop the snoot posted:

Yeah I think people are really reaching. She doesn’t need to secretly signal her white supremacy. She works for Donald loving Trump.

This.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Slim Pickens posted:

Isn't that just the sign you make below your waist for that stupid shoulder-punching game that became a meme?

Thats where I remember the sign. Thinking back it was white kids who pulled that "haha you looked at my dick" move. The same kids who went nuts 2016 on facebook.

... Hrmmm :thinkingemoji:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Anyone else notice in that phonecall transcript that kellyanne gets name-dropped three times and then just suddenly appears? NSA Wizard, might wanna check up on whether or not Kellyanne is Beetlejuice. Or which one of your angry notes was when you discovered she'd bugged the Oval?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

no this is the cop that killed cops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner_shootings_and_manhunt

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
the "secret symbol for white supremacy" thing is a whole bunch of really laughable conspiracy poo poo

Like you sound like an infowars comment section.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

yeah buts its been co-opted by them to mean something else. If its a normal person its probably harmless, but if they're wearing a suit and have a poo poo eating grin they're alt right fuckers

it allows them to take pictures with politicians while throwing up their hand sign so they can pass it around alt right media circles without the politician needing to come out and say "gas the jews"

PookBear fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 4, 2018

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

And also a lawyer and her boyfriend, IIRC.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Remember when that guy who worked for Hitler had to secretly signal other Nazis because he didn’t want people to know he’s a Nazi?

I’m not saying she isn’t giving a shout out to her fellow white supremacists. I’m saying who really gives a poo poo in 2018? I’d rather Nazis and racists be hush hush and wink wink nudge nudge than, oh I don’t know, the President of the United States.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Remember when that guy who worked for Hitler had to secretly signal other Nazis because he didn’t want people to know he’s a Nazi?

I’m not saying she isn’t giving a shout out to her fellow white supremacists. I’m saying who really gives a poo poo in 2018? I’d rather Nazis and racists be hush hush and wink wink nudge nudge than, oh I don’t know, the President of the United States.

cole you have some awfully wrong opinions if you don't care that nazis are hanging around politicians while throwing up alt right gang signs

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
there is the distinct possibility its nothing and i feel that can be rectified with a posthumous pardon

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

cole you have some awfully wrong opinions if you don't care that nazis are hanging around politicians while throwing up alt right gang signs

I’m more concerned with the nazis who are politicians.

Again, she doesn’t need to secretly signal her white supremacism when she’s working for Donald Trump. At most she’s trolling the gently caress out of all of you and it’s working.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Side note: Trump basically told the Daily Caller that he hasn't done a Nike Tweet because Nike paid a lot of rent in Trump Tower.

Trump also didn't realize that Nike has long since moved out of Trump Tower :laugh:

Carry on!

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

the "secret symbol for white supremacy" thing is a whole bunch of really laughable conspiracy poo poo

Except it's one of those things that's straddling either side of "is or isn't it"- the initial freak out about the whole made up aspect of it led to the chud class adopting it wholesale as some sort of "guaranteed to trigger the libs" totem, which then led to some accelerationists adopting it as a recognition thing.
It's gone from being a hoax to being an ironic joke to being the real deal for some folks, trouble is no one can nail down just what's happening.

I'll reference the irony poisoning that took place from 2006-2016 with the 4chan adjacent crowd, similar thing there. It's all a prank until it isn't.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah now she's got punchies on like half the nation

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Iron Rose posted:

It is and isn't a symbol for the assholes

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

According to Abby Huntsman Ivanka and Jared knew they weren't wanted at the McCain funeral, and decided to go anyway as Lindsey's guests.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah and you sound like the neoliberal boot licker that you are.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Take the slapfighting to PMs please.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
please no pm’s about how the free market is Good Actually tia

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Look, we all agree that the staffer is a lovely person and the fact we even have to ask ourselves "Was she purposefully giving a white power hand signal?" is problematic enough. But it doesn't loving matter because the people who don't want to see it aren't going to listen to reason and yelling about it won't change anyone's minds.

Maybe focus on the fact that this happened instead,
https://twitter.com/andyharnik/status/1037038736155009024

That's pretty clear and blatant and you don't even have to begin explaining to people out of the loop what's wrong with it. The picture says everything it needs to.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe he was just really busy

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe for a brief moment he had a reverie about an ideal day from his youth and simply didn't notice him

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

There's solid research that the dickishness of judges is directly proportional to how hungry they are

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

There's solid research that the dickishness of judges is directly proportional to how hungry they are

New defense strategy: Snickers bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mods changed my name posted:

Maybe for a brief moment he had a reverie about an ideal day from his youth and simply didn't notice him

Watch the video. He’s going to shake his hand until the dude introduces himself.

• Locked thread