Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
First time drafting dynasty. 1 QB starter. I took Wentz, Garoppolo and Mayfield. Is this normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evig Vandrar posted:

First time drafting dynasty. 1 QB starter. I took Wentz, Garoppolo and Mayfield. Is this normal?

How deep are benches? I'm in a couple 12 team 1 QB dynasties with so many roster spots that there are no starting QBs on the wire, and many backups rostered. In that league, you're looking good. If there are only like 20 QBs rostered, you should probably drop Mayfield if there are any decent fliers at other positions, though it's not bad to hold him if you think he'll be a QB1.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang

Evig Vandrar posted:

Holding 2 qbs is the norm. However, depending on the size of your bench and league I would consider holding Mayfield to sell.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Doppelganger posted:

Any point in dropping someone for James Connor? I think I can survive week 1 without Bell. 0.5 ppr

RB: Bell, Howard, Burkhead, Kerryon, Penny, Michel
WR: Thomas, Diggs, Cooper, Goodwin, Ridley
Your RB depth is solid but Conner would still be a strong RB2/Flex play. Calvin Ridley is a very replaceable WR asset so I would roster Conner for the time being.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I had the weirdest loving draft ever a few days ago. My first time in this league, so I'm the new guy. Comish says yeah it's standard PPR scoring. Ok whatever. I looked into the exact scoring and there's also 1 point per completion. I've never ever seen that before. I feel like this should weight QBs pretty heavily.

Anyway, during the draft there were so many :psyduck: picks. 10 teams, 16 rounds. Kirk Cousins was the 7th overall pick. I had pick #5 and took Zeke in the first round, and OBJ fell to me in the second. Jags defense went in the 4th round. First kicker was in the 8th. Most teams drafted 2 goddamn kickers. Myself and one other guy were the only ones to wait til the last round to take a kicker. The whole draft board was insane, like no one had ever played FF before.

I had the 5th pick, snake draft. Guy ahead of me at #4 drafts Johnson. I took Zeke at #5. The morning after the draft, I get a trade request from #4 dude offering me DJ for Zeke. I immediately decline it, mostly because it was such a confusing proposal considering he had the pick of the 2 at #4.

And just now the commish texted me telling me that I should very much consider making that trade.

e: And now he just called me. WTF.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 4, 2018

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017

sourdough posted:

How deep are benches? I'm in a couple 12 team 1 QB dynasties with so many roster spots that there are no starting QBs on the wire, and many backups rostered. In that league, you're looking good. If there are only like 20 QBs rostered, you should probably drop Mayfield if there are any decent fliers at other positions, though it's not bad to hold him if you think he'll be a QB1.

14 teams, 8 bench spots. Not impressed with waivers. Wasn't really happy with the start of my draft so I said gently caress it and decided to take 3 QB and trade one for value when they inevitably become Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I had the weirdest loving draft ever a few days ago. My first time in this league, so I'm the new guy. Comish says yeah it's standard PPR scoring. Ok whatever. I looked into the exact scoring and there's also 1 point per completion. I've never ever seen that before. I feel like this should weight QBs pretty heavily.

Anyway, during the draft there were so many :psyduck: picks. 10 teams, 16 rounds. Kirk Cousins was the 6th overall pick. I had pick #5 and took Zeke in the first round, and OBJ fell to me in the second. Jags defense went in the 4th round. First kicker was in the 8th. Most teams drafted 2 goddamn kickers. Myself and one other guy were the only ones to wait til the last round to take a kicker. The whole draft board was insane, like no one had ever played FF before.

I had the 5th pick, snake draft. Guy ahead of me at #4 drafts Johnson. I took Zeke at #5. The morning after the draft, I get a trade request from #4 dude offering me DJ for Zeke. I immediately decline it, mostly because it was such a confusing proposal considering he had the pick of the 2 at #4.

And just now the commish texted me telling me that I should very much consider making that trade.

e: And now he just called me. WTF.

I'd probably rather have Johnson than Zeke, but that's just me. And I own Zeke in my keeper league.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Santheb posted:

How bullish are we on Chargers Mike Williams this year in PPR? Asking for a friend.

I handcuffed Keenan with him, that's about all I'd suggest in redraft.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

pubic works project posted:

I'd probably rather have Johnson than Zeke, but that's just me. And I own Zeke in my keeper league.

Ok so it sounds like they wanted to draft Zeke at #4, but got logged off and ESPN auto-drafted DJ before they could get back online.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ok so it sounds like they wanted to draft Zeke at #4, but got logged off and ESPN auto-drafted DJ before they could get back online.

lmao well that explains why the commish is calling.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah, I think i'm going to re-propose that trade. Maybe ask for 3 kickers as well.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah, I think i'm going to re-propose that trade. Maybe ask for 3 kickers as well.

I mean I personally would ask for something else back too. But that's just me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Would you have drafted DJ at 5 had he taken Zeke?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Doppelganger posted:

Any point in dropping someone for James Connor? I think I can survive week 1 without Bell. 0.5 ppr

RB: Bell, Howard, Burkhead, Kerryon, Penny, Michel
WR: Thomas, Diggs, Cooper, Goodwin, Ridley
yes if you're a Bell owner, you should probably add and hang onto Conner as insurance.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Poque posted:

Would you have drafted DJ at 5 had he taken Zeke?

Yes.

It went:
Gurley
Bell
Brown
DJ
Zeke
Kamara
Cousins

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

in PPR I would take DJ for Zeke if I could get it...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1037095500988776453

Yikers

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
How did I do? Standard scoring 12 team, only weird rule is 6 pts for a QB TD. I had 1st pick.

(1) Todd Gurley II (LAR - RB)
(24) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
(25) Mike Evans (TB - WR)
(48) Royce Freeman (Den - RB)
(49) Alex Collins (Bal - RB)
(72) Chris Hogan (NE - WR)
(73) Trey Burton (Chi - TE)
(96) Matt Breida (SF - RB)
(97) Will Fuller V (Hou - WR)
(120) Jordy Nelson (Oak - WR)
(121) New Orleans (NO - DEF)
(144) John Kelly (LAR - RB)
(145) Telvin Smith (Jax - LB)
(168) James Conner (Pit - RB)
(169) Wil Lutz (NO - K)
(192) Kelvin Benjamin (Buf - WR)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd be real happy with that team.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

I knew either him or Darnold would crash but not this quickly or hard.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has anyone made any successful Bell acquisitions?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I just noticed in my keeper league some dude didn't keep Mckinnon at a 10th round cost. Then proceeded to draft him in the 3rd round and he tore his ACL the day after our draft.

He also turned down my trade offers sending him Morris because his other 2 RB's should be fine for now. One of them is RoJo.

hahahahaha

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

the_american_dream posted:

Has anyone made any successful Bell acquisitions?

A friend saw him drafted at #7 last night. The headlines are scary to low info casual players. You may get a discount if you draft tonight or tomorrow or buy low tonight or tomorrow. Unless he reports tomorrow, that is.

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
Standard 10 team league, aghollor or Lynch for a flex?

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
Breida, Morris, or Conner?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Loki2099 posted:

Standard scoring? Lynch all day.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

coronaball posted:

A friend saw him drafted at #7 last night. The headlines are scary to low info casual players. You may get a discount if you draft tonight or tomorrow or buy low tonight or tomorrow. Unless he reports tomorrow, that is.

I don't even think that's entirely unreasonable. I want my first round pick to be getting me first round points in week 1. You get 13 games in the fantasy regular season. It's really easy to miss the playoffs by one game. It's not like the other guys in the first round are scrubs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eternal Hobo posted:

Breida, Morris, or Conner?

I had this exact choice and chose Morris. But I'm betting Bell is back this week or at worst next week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dropping him for a defense felt good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Loki2099 posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867454&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

(Lynch)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is it just me or does the Patriots defense look pretty good schedule wise?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Khalil Mack's designation better not change to just LB in Yahoo or I'll be pissed.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is it just me or does the Patriots defense look pretty good schedule wise?

I was actually curious if I should roll with them for a bit as opposed to the Lions.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
Just got finished drafting in a new work league, 12-man 0.5 PPR. Thoughts on how I did?

Skull Knight fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 5, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Forgot to post my (very weird) keeper auction results from this weekend. It's my ten team HS league with weird rear end settings.

Three guys were new dads
One is dealing with selling/buying a house and moving cross-country
One got laid off and was doing interviews all week
One was hammered
One had a family emergency and ended up having someone else draft for him
The league taco.

That's 8 guys who were in no position to have a somewhat decent draft, and they all tilting out of their minds. Christian McCaffrey went for $75 of a $300 budget to a guy who could have kept him for $40. David Johnson went for $90 because he was the only top-ten back not kept. That kind of the league was real-life tilting. I ended up sitting back and just scooped up a bunch of values. The kicker: everyone ran out of money before people starting nominating IDPs so I scooped up 4 top 10 LBs (we can start up to 4) and 2 of the top 10 DBs.

Yahoo projections (lol) and all but me and the other guy who wasn't tilting off his rear end are projected to both go 12-2 :lol:

weird settings: 1.5 PPR and rushing yards are worth 2x receiving yards. Passing TDs 8 pts, rushing/receiving TDs 10. We start 3 WR, 2 RB and 2 WRT flex, 2 D flex, 2 DB, 2 WR and the onesies. Stars and scrubs doesn't work because of how many players you have to play each week.

THE HOT COUCH BOYS
QB: Luck/Brees
RB: Alvin Kamara (K)/Henry/Lewis/Burkhead/Lynch/Kerryon/James Conner
WR: Keenan Allen (K)/Landry/Crowder/Manny Sanders/Gallup/Geronimo/Goodwin (K)
TE: Delanie
K: Legatron
LB: Deion Jones/Wagner/Kuechly/Zach Brown
DB: Micah Hyde/Reshard Jones

I guess the takeaway is draft during the worst part of your friends lives and they all tilt out of control and waste all their money on studs and have zero depth? One guy is legitimately starting Ronald Jones and Tarik Cohen this week.

4 top ten LBs
2 top ten DBs
5 top 30 RBs
4 top 30 WRs

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 5, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

I was actually curious if I should roll with them for a bit as opposed to the Lions.

I don't see the appeal of the Lions beyond week 1. I have the Broncos and their first 5 weeks looks pretty good. Seattle has a garbage line, Oakland could be a dumpster fire, Baltimore isn't particularly scary, I should know what Mahomes is by week 4, and then the Jets week 5.

Patriots start against Houston's poo poo line, Jacksonville still has Bortles, Detroit isn't a huge threat if NE is competent, and then the Colts followed KC.

I think I will stick with Denver, but I really like NE.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm starting Houston's defense this week and I don't care what anybody says.

Time vs. Tom.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Skull Knight posted:

Just got finished drafting in a new work league, 0.5 PPR. Thoughts?

Really like your WRs. RB depth is a bit lacking of Michel, RoJo, and CJA don't step up.

I'm hoping Kittle comes through because I have him in a goon dynasty league.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Forgot to post my (very weird) keeper auction results from this weekend. It's my ten team HS league with weird rear end settings.

Three guys were new dads
One is dealing with selling/buying a house and moving cross-country
One got laid off and was doing interviews all week
One was hammered
One had a family emergency and ended up having someone else draft for him
The league taco.

I hate having bad/distracted people in the league. I want heavy competition over easy wins. I'm the guy who calls his opponent Sunday morning to remind them that they forgot to start a player/their start is injured.

Last night in my "casual" friends and family auction (12 teams) Aaron Rodgers went for $16/$200 and every other QB went for under $10 and I've never loved my friends and family more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
12 man 1ppr, I drafted 4. Was this a mistake I spent an hour making? Though I just realized I apparently drafted 2 MIA receivers.