Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Judge Tesla posted:

Are Matt and Crymentina going to be playing Super Seducer 2 because they should, the videos they made on the first one are gold.

I wish they wouldn't or at least I wish they'd straight up say they pirated it or something, the dev is a fuckin sleazeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kay Kessler posted:

I can't wait to see their reaction to the dev "murdering" his critics with ICBMs because he's a big whiny manbaby .

Goddamnit why did I look at the spoiler. That's so loving dumb and I can't wait.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat and Woolie just marking out over Attack on Titan: The Fascism Power Hour like it's 2012.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Kay Kessler posted:

I can't wait to see their reaction to the dev "murdering" his critics with ICBMs because he's a big whiny manbaby .

Who is this guy, Neil Breen?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

Pat and Woolie just marking out over Attack on Titan: The Fascism Power Hour like it's 2012.
never let go, jack, never let go

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hey does anyone remember who the CHUD they had on awhile ago was?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Plague of gripes? Yeah I remember when they had him on, don't know what they were thinking

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rodyle posted:

Hey does anyone remember who the CHUD they had on awhile ago was?

Your movie sucks guy.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When did chud become the new internet buzzword insult? Was 'creepy' too tame, too boring?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And what's a stan anyway? Does it not mean Standard Trump Administration Nazi like I assume it does?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

And what's a stan anyway? Does it not mean Standard Trump Administration Nazi like I assume it does?

quote:

A crazed and or obsessed fan. The term comes from the song Stan by eminem. The term Stan is used to describe a fan who goes to great lengths to obsess over a celebrity.

:eng101:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
loving the sub-tumblr fascism accusations of a show that couldn't be more bluntly anti fascist if it tried

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

'Chud' has a nicely evocative sound, and doesn't have an actual established meaning to get in the way of what you're calling them.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In my heart of hearts i think Matt and crymetina wouldve swung over a conversation that started with moana. What a weird life they live.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I assume people picked up Chud from the movie C.H.U.D. (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers) and Stan is a reference to a very popular song of the same name from about 15ish years ago written from the POV of an obsessed fan by Eminem.

I always find it funny how fast the internet lexicon evolves just so we can insult others more efficiently.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 5, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I assume people picked up Chud from the movie C.H.U.D. (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers) and Stan is a reference to a very popular song of the same name from about 15ish years ago written from the POV of an obsessed fan by Eminem.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Rodyle posted:

??????

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's his gimmick for the past 5 years.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

In my heart of hearts i think Matt and crymetina wouldve swung over a conversation that started with moana. What a weird life they live.

If the couple in question had been actual swingers and not just random people cheating on their spouses, we might have had a shorter podcast and a much more energetic Matt. There but by the flip of a coin go we.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

There's a weird turn in the AoT manga where the story goes "conquering other nations is good and prosperous for everyone actually" and then I think the author said some nationalist poo poo? I'm not really sure if the anime is there yet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nerdman42 posted:

There's a weird turn in the AoT manga where the story goes "conquering other nations is good and prosperous for everyone actually" and then I think the author said some nationalist poo poo? I'm not really sure if the anime is there yet.

Except it kinda doesn't, really. Author did say some questionable poo poo (not too bad iirc), but the manga itself very much paints the situation as tragic and really quite garbage on all sides.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah Rodyle keeps saying aot paints fascism as A Good Thing when it does anything but

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

It's his gimmick for the past 5 years.

assuming you're referring to me I'm a girl

MagusDraco posted:

Your movie sucks guy.

Yeah that was him.

Lotta people in the circle they really should sever but oh well

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 5, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

assuming you're referring to me I'm a girl

It's her gimmick for the past five years.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh! Well, thank you very much! Here I was half-joking and not expecting an actual answer and then you come along and surprise me. I appreciate the honest answer.

Farg posted:

loving the sub-tumblr fascism accusations of a show that couldn't be more bluntly anti fascist if it tried

Everyone loves a good fascist expy in media. Matt's got Punisher, Pat and Woolie have Attack on Titan. Also, I think Batman.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

It's her gimmick for the past five years.

Whatever makes you feel better

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Whatever makes you feel better

Hey, it's better than defending Rance, don't take it personally.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's better than Dias' gimmick of pretending to be the school marm of every thread their in constantly lamenting the discourse of anyone posting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's better than Dias' gimmick of pretending to be the school marm of every thread their in constantly lamenting the discourse of anyone posting.

This doesn't even parse, mate, and I ain't even a native speaker. But do you really wanna start this because I needled a friend of yours or because you guys have a weird thing for Ironicus or should we drop it? I always land face-first into the stupidest probations anyway so...

edit: we don't even post in the same threads, lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So how about those brute smarts huh guys?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RareAcumen posted:

So how about those brute smarts huh guys?

They gotta be real if they recognize FF4 as a superior FF, IMHO.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/philgreaves01/status/942709261347500032?lang=en

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Hey, it's better than defending Rance, don't take it personally.

Digging up a 6 year old rap sheet hit because you're mad about AoT, highly normal move

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Digging up a 6 year old rap sheet hit because you're mad about AoT, highly normal move

It was one click away, plus the weird nationalistic comment by the AoT author is about that old, so it just felt like it was funny and fitting enough for this case?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dias posted:

It was one click away, plus the weird nationalistic comment by the AoT author is about that old, so it just felt like it was funny and fitting enough for this case?

Imagine taking Dragon Ball so seriously you get probated from something awful in tyool 2017.

You're right this is easy!

These derails suck and are worse than tumblr.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 5, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The comment about who Pixis is based on: years old

The story of the plucky and up and coming island military dictatorship rallying around a semi-mythologized monarchy, allying with the diplomatic outcasts, and pushing outward to fight the established imperial powers? VERY current

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Very shocked that Matt deleted his account, destroyed his computer and hired a bag man to wipe his house after posting on SA for just nine days.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

The story of the plucky and up and coming island military dictatorship rallying around a semi-mythologized monarchy, allying with the diplomatic outcasts, and pushing outward to fight the established imperial powers? VERY current

My favorite fascist movie is schindler's list

after all depicting bad things is definitely the same thing as endorsing them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Okay, this works better, you finally have poo poo someone can engage. The "up and coming" military dictatorship just got three fingers shoved up its rear end by the main character trying to avoid their own long-term plans loving over a friend of theirs. All of their main soldiers are dying in a very, VERY short time too. On a personal level, people are just getting murdered in pathetic ways for a while too. Ah, and the other diplomatic outcasts are going for resources over "oh, these guys are TRUE WARRIOS FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS RIGHT' too. Hell, the main character just went Al-Qaeda on a bunch of people, by the way. Nothing about this war looks glorified or fun or holy, really.

edit: I'd say you should post this on the AoT thread just to clear up space, but I'm pretty sure you won't, so just send me a PM if you're actually interested in discussing it.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Imagine taking Dragon Ball so seriously you get probated from something awful in tyool 2017.

You're right this is easy!

These derails suck and are worse than tumblr.

only way you avoid pissing someone off is by being a professional white noise poster, and again, hit me on PMs for tips

Dias fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 5, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rodyle doesn't actually read aot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dias posted:

Okay, this works better, you finally have poo poo someone can engage. The "up and coming" military dictatorship just got three fingers shoved up its rear end by the main character trying to avoid their own long-term plans loving over a friend of theirs. All of their main soldiers are dying in a very, VERY short time too. On a personal level, people are just getting murdered in pathetic ways for a while too. Ah, and the other diplomatic outcasts are going for resources over "oh, these guys are TRUE WARRIOS FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS RIGHT' too. Hell, the main character just went Al-Qaeda on a bunch of people, by the way. Nothing about this war looks glorified or fun or holy, really.

edit: I'd say you should post this on the AoT thread just to clear up space, but I'm pretty sure you won't, so just send me a PM if you're actually interested in discussing it.

only way you avoid pissing someone off is by being a professional white noise poster, and again, hit me on PMs for tips

The internet is serious business I see. :allears: