Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm sorry, what is this?

Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo are doing their own versions of what happened during the Monday Night wars that are complete bollocks and sometimes even contradict what they said at the time, what they wrote in their books and what every eye witness says. This hasn't stopped a bunch of idiots spending their days sending Meltzer abuse with the encouragement of both Eric and Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm sorry, what is this?

Fans of Bruce Pritchard and Eric Bischoff.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Idiot rednecks

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Cult of Russo/Monday Night War truthers are one of the worst segments of the wrestling fan base along with the hardcore WWE/anti-NJPW crowd

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I am furious with Lance Storm and his opinions on Wrestlemania IV.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Impossible, Lance Storm could never elicit that strong an emotion in someone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The Cult of Russo/Monday Night War truthers are one of the worst segments of the wrestling fan base along with the hardcore WWE/anti-NJPW crowd

:agreed: completely

Incessant Excess posted:

Impossible, Lance Storm could never elicit that strong an emotion in someone.

I was pretty mad that time he dissed libraries

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lance Did Nothing Wrong

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Until I started listening to his podcast I only knew Lance through his twitter posts and people’s stories about him so I was surprised he actually has a decent (if extremely Canadian dry) sense of humor

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ginger ale based humor

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/StudMuffinSays/status/1036784464737787904

how much time does conrad have for these shows

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Conrad’s life is now essentially 1:wrestling podcasts and 2: mortgages so I don’t think he’s the active night on the town type

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

i'm the almost 30 seconds of Dave's barely audible mumbling while he does napkin math on today's WOR. You see that pic of Dave talking at the Four Star Summit Panel and Bryan's just kinda facing down and looking despondent? i can practically guarantee you that Bryan was making that face again because it was basically dead air.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Timestamp, to avoid?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Timestamp, to seek out?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Timestamp, to seek out?

1:02:40

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

a big fat bunny posted:

i'm the almost 30 seconds of Dave's barely audible mumbling while he does napkin math on today's WOR. You see that pic of Dave talking at the Four Star Summit Panel and Bryan's just kinda facing down and looking despondent? i can practically guarantee you that Bryan was making that face again because it was basically dead air.

It was the best. A coward podcast would screen the questions ahead of time and prepare, or pause the recording. Not our heroic WOR

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a big fat bunny posted:

Bryan could you know, edit the show. It takes 10 seconds to remove silence.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MassRafTer posted:

This is Bryan we're talking about. That would result in him spending 5 hours researching how to do it online, then coming to the conclusion that the solution requires him to purchase thousands of dollars of new audio equipment and he'd end up cutting off the entire middle section of the show.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He would only use the editing tools to edit in more rants about bread, possibly over the main show audio.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress. That. It's perfect as it stands.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

do weird edits to make Dave sound even more disjointed than he normally does.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a big fat bunny posted:

gently caress. That. It's perfect as it stands.

I agree but if he is at all annoyed at the silence or other weird issues he should blame himself.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

MassRafTer posted:

I agree but if he is at all annoyed at the silence or other weird issues he should blame himself.

It'll haunt him, but life goes on.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I personally want the most authentic Dave Meltzer experience possible. Do not autotune Dave Meltzer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

do weird edits to make Dave sound even more disjointed than he normally does.

Don Muraco Don Muraco Don Muraco

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
When Dave interviews wrestlers who don't speak English, the translators should give literal translations to what is asked. Just give the interviewee pure unadulterated Dave.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Listening to the All In episode and it has a peak Dave moment when they discuss how fun the weekend is. "I've had more fun this weekend then any weekend this year. Welllll maybe I had more fun with my kids one weekend."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

"There was that time I took my son and his girlfriend to PWG."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best part of that episode is Bryan speaking up over Dave and saying "hold on let me finish" and then Dave says "okay okay" and gives him 5 seconds before just busting in.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Does Dave's entire family still hate wrestling?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Does Dave's entire family still hate wrestling?

I think he's said his son is kind of into a little now.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

His son is a big fan of Joey Ryan

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Gaz-L posted:

I think he's said his son is kind of into a little now.

Like how a kid is "into" playing catch and working on the car.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

His son is into PWG after going to a live show but I don’t think he cares in a general sense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave talking over Wade and Bruce as well was fantastic. They don't even work for him and they both just gave way.

Also loved Wade taking the opportunity right at the end to start offering subscription deals, and you hear Dave just burst out laughing :allears:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Jerusalem posted:

Dave talking over Wade and Bruce as well was fantastic. They don't even work for him and they both just gave way.

Also loved Wade taking the opportunity right at the end to start offering subscription deals, and you hear Dave just burst out laughing :allears:

Dave also does some great fan steamrolling during the live mailbag episode too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What did Filthy Tom call him? The Sacramento Steamroller?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
They didn't even finish the RAW recap today after getting sidetracked by Joey Ryan, which is a fitting response really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What did Filthy Tom call him? The Sacramento Steamroller?
In New Orleans, I was hanging out with a someone who had just talked to Dave and his immediate reaction was "That's the second time I've met Meltzer. I hadn't realized he was a conversation hijacker."