Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

This guy is trolling. Don't try to juice a banana, you'll just ruin your juicer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I bounced off Ni No Kuni 2 and wondered if I just bounce off JRPGs these days... but maybe I need to try DQ11

https://twitter.com/RosePrinceTrey/status/1037134093115424768

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bounced off Ni No Kuni 2 and wondered if I just bounce off JRPGs these days... but maybe I need to try DQ11

Can you pet them

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's genuinely way, way better than NNK2. For one thing, it feels like it was made by people who gave a poo poo

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I never beat Septerra Core. I felt like it took forever to get anywhere with the content.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's weird that both ni no kuni games got such massive praise to the point that it drowned out anything else when it seems like general opinions on both are pretty divided in general

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

it's weird that both ni no kuni games got such massive praise to the point that it drowned out anything else when it seems like general opinions on both are pretty divided in general

They have a good first impression that carried some people through the crappy everything after the first few hours

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

ni no kuni 1 felt like it was made by people who gave a poo poo but were idiots. it's so pretty and there's so much cool stuff in it even though the combat is so, so bad

nnk2 is a bunch of empty hallways and a farmville

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Music was nice though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYRywcFiIyU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LOL Valve you buffoons. You complete cretins

https://twitter.com/ELahti/status/1037148865340698624

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
this is surely something awful

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Are we sure that Valve is still run by people?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Hunt11 posted:

The first corporation run entirely by algorithms.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol Spiderman has ubisoft map-reveal towers and fast travel has to be unlocked

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i asked myself why i've never beaten rocket: robot on wheels and after playing it for ten minutes i've determined it's because the game is ugly as sin and the way the camera and everything in the game moves kind of makes me feel sick

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hunt11 posted:

it says right in the thing it's run by Garfield

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Artifact will likely not release on a Monday.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Colonel posted:

From what I've read it seems like NNK2 is the usual Level-5 game where their ambition surpasses their budget and the second half of the game is a barren mess

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

a messed up horse posted:

it says right in the thing it's run by Garfield

garfield is a cartoon cat not a person

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

garfield is a cartoon cat not a person

alaska elected a cat once, there's precedent for this kind of irresponsible delegation

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
artifact fartifact

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
shartifact

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

read the episode descriptions https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B0172XW82K?ref_=atv_dp_season_select

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

lol Spiderman has ubisoft map-reveal towers and fast travel has to be unlocked

Why do you want to fast travel in a spider-man game?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

the suburbs aren't tall enough to web swing in

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The PS3 game was right those webs need to attach to the sky

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

al-azad posted:

the same reason I want to fast travel in any open world game.. open worlds are too loving big

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Rides the bus with everybody, man

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean ideally the point of an open world spider-man game is to make traveling across the city fun in the first place no matter how big it is and that's why spider-man 2 is still pretty beloved

i guess if that's not the case for spider-man ps4 then that's a fair complaint but, i feel like that would mean the game fails at its basic purpose to begin with, so

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the worst was kingdoms of amalur because there was no fast travel AND no horse riding so you just had to run everywhere

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

finally a spider man game where spider man drives a car

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The 7th Guest posted:

the worst was kingdoms of amalur because there was no fast travel AND no horse riding so you just had to run everywhere

i mean yes but does anybody like anything about kingdoms of amalur

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

The Colonel posted:

I like that video game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it was a very mediocre game

i'm still looking for ARPGs on the level of baldurs gate dark alliance, but aside from victor vran and the Ys games, that's not really PC's specialty (Xanadu Next comes close but is only partial controller support)

a really good one was shining force neo on ps2, despite having nothing to do with shining force. i might get EXA at some point because it's supposed to be basically more of the same

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If your open world doesn't have fast travel and no fall damage and you jump like 50 feet and run as fast as a car and then eventually gently caress it have a flying mech, then that open world is poo poo.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

when its competition was skyrim and dragon age 2, I would much rather play kingdoms of amalur than either of those games

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

when its competition was skyrim and dragon age 2, I would much rather play kingdoms of amalur than either of those games

i liked kingdoms of amalur way more thani liked skyrim or dragon age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I played dragon age and when i realized i had to click on enemies and the combat was like watching ants trying to escape a glob of tree sap, i uninstalled it

• Locked thread