Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

huh posted:

Shoulder charge and the skullfort helmet in Gambit is easy mode. So much fun.

Titans op, as it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

el B posted:

More! More!

Let's discuss how there's no discount on Forsaken or the Annual Pass for people that own D2 plus the first two expansions. I'd like to play Forsaken, but I'm not paying full price after already paying full price for all year one content, and year one was largely a disappointment and Bungie knows that. poo poo, I don't think it's too much to ask for a $10-$20 discount for players that supported D2 for what was mostly a miserable year one. Sorry but I'm just not doing it. Hope you all enjoy Forsaken. I'll jump in when it's on sale.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Y'all playing blops4 then?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Wait was that another "post"

Glad I cleared 143 gigs of space for last week's patch, only to need another 7 gigs today. I had to delete another 23 gigs for that :)

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I was wondering like a week ago if we would ever get to actively use bikes or pikes in a strike and now I'm really happy even though it's only an adventure

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

How are you guys handling the infusion/light level economy while going through the campaign? Are you all just using all blue gear constantly until you’re done? The infusion costs for like an exotic are really high.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i played destiny 1
is this game good now

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I guess I am playing again. PSN is same as my forums name. Please invite me to a active clan.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gambit is great, I'm sick of bows in pvp and the connections are worse than ever.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Blind Rasputin posted:

How are you guys handling the infusion/light level economy while going through the campaign? Are you all just using all blue gear constantly until you’re done? The infusion costs for like an exotic are really high.

Having to trash MWed Y1 Flash and Thunder to have a Y2 MWed Flash and Thunder only to find out they nerfed the blast radius in the patch notes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ihq80g9tvk

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I have actually said, “oh, no, this is a better better devils” three times in a row while turning in gunsmith mats. The developers weren’t kidding!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Having more fun with foreskin than I ever did with vanilla d2. Not sure why.

Timers on bounties loving sucks though, I hate anything that makes me feel rushed to play.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got blues for increasing my infamy rank. :toot:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
im hearing that the ddosers were hit hardest by this wave of bans

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The clan xp milestone is significantly more work to get. Much less passive. The gambit rewards look extremely dope. Especially that fully auto scout.

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
When does the hurting stop?
Sent in a join request for Goldman Shaxx from the OP.

If that was stupid and wrong my PSN is vampirebillcosby and I want to shoot spacemans with goons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ogres seem to be not worth it in Gambit, they die too quickly and it's not worth risking that many motes to get there. Phalanxes and Knights are good enough. You mostly just want to give them more to shoot. I've been using Future Safe 10 for invading and it's a one-shot kill both as an invader and against them if you time En Garde correctly. I've been having a lot of fun with that until a Sleeper shot nails me. :v:

Mostly though the only thing killing me is just damage from bouncing around. Everything has a shockwave now and there are a whole lot of rounded surfaces on these maps.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

My Mother The Car posted:

Sent in a join request for Goldman Shaxx from the OP.

If that was stupid and wrong my PSN is vampirebillcosby and I want to shoot spacemans with goons.

Just come in the Discord and say hi and we'll set you up!

ratbert90 posted:

I guess I am playing again. PSN is same as my forums name. Please invite me to a active clan.

Same for you!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nothing sets the mood like insurmountable skullfort's daft punk light show glaring in Cayde's dead face.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
the prison of elders strike is really well done. love the callbacks without ever having to actually do prison of elders again.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Holy poo poo the bow has exceeded my expectations. So satisfying to chew threw fallen with precision hits. Wowwww.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Yuuuuuuuuuiiiip

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Not far in at all but having a great time with this, the bow is sweet and I got a scout rifle with rampage and improved first shot or whatever that has me mowing scorn down.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

With exotics, does every Y1 armor or weapon have a chance to randomly drop as a Y2 one with random perks or only a few? Will catalysts carry over? For example if I get a Y2 Crimson and I've finished the catalyst will I have it unlocked to start with?

Astrochicken posted:

Holy poo poo the bow has exceeded my expectations. So satisfying to chew threw fallen with precision hits. Wowwww.

They're everywhere in pvp and it is very obnoxious

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Soooooo many bounties now. drat near everyone offers a few. Even Everniss ffs.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

RBA Starblade posted:

With exotics, does every Y1 armor or weapon have a chance to randomly drop as a Y2 one with random perks or only a few? Will catalysts carry over? For example if I get a Y2 Crimson and I've finished the catalyst will I have it unlocked to start with?

every y1 armor can drop with randomly rolled perks

guns are static

catalysts carry over

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
The new insurmountable skullfort ornament is even more daft punk. Also lol that they changed the appearance of the rpc valiant blue armor just so people wouldn't know the dreaming city armor is a reskin of it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Story is pretty drat good. All the barons were quite unique which was cool.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

Good job on the non-committal, low-effort post.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Anyone get any new exotics? I see some people with the ace of spades already wtf.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol my first crucible engram from tokens

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I thought that was a quest weapon?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you're some kinda pleb who didn't get it last season, maybe

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mill Village posted:

I thought that was a quest weapon?

Redrix's Claymore was the seasonal weapon last go-round.

e:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is a way better system than empirically has ever existed in Destiny before

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 5, 2018

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Hakke history is usually a good idea

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone get any new exotics? I see some people with the ace of spades already wtf.

I've seen 0 drop.and 0 in the wild.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I didn't even make it all the way through the Mercury expansion because of how much of a disappointing step back D2 was, how long do you suppose you'll all need to play before you know whether this expansion is actually good and fixes all of this game's problems or whether you're just having fun with that new greeble smell?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

the good fax machine posted:

lol my first crucible engram from tokens

Broadsword can drop at random if you had the claymore already last season

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Waffle House posted:

e:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is a way better system than empirically has ever existed in Destiny before

I still can't change shaders depending on my mood without having to waste resources doing it like in D1. So it's one step forward one step back in that regard. I'm totally digging being able to use D1 weapon loadouts though. Bows are awesome. Bummer that Warlock armor is still ugly dresses and bathrobes instead of D1 trenchcoats. New subclass trees are ballin' but make the old ones seem obsolete, so good? New enemy types are fun to fight. Story runs into the same problem as Red War in that they make a big deal about being alone while a dozen guardians shoot magic in the background. Spider and the Hedgehog battalion are dope as hell and my friends. Infusion is unfeasibly expensive and I don't know how I'm going to afford to do it come endgame. Hawthorne keeps getting marked on my map but has nothing to give me, and flashing markers keep telling me to turn in resources but I need this to infuse. Guns and armor have good perks that make the game funner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

galagazombie posted:

New enemy types are fun to fight. Story runs into the same problem as Red War in that they make a big deal about being alone while a dozen guardians shoot magic in the background.

this is legit just a problem with MMO game design, it's kind of inescapable