Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, it's pretty good either way though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

infernal machines posted:

yeah, it's pretty good either way though

but not quite perfect. it's like the count hasimir fenring of jokes

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

oh gently caress lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/TappyPaws/status/1037064936940351488

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1037085951468728322?s=19

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i was wondering wtf was up with my timeline recently. i thought people were 'ironically' liking certain things

jfc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
musk thread is thataway

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rex-Goliath posted:

i was wondering wtf was up with my timeline recently. i thought people were 'ironically' liking certain things

jfc

Lol, “why is my nazi-amplifier showing bad tweets,” he wondered

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

don’t sign yore poasts!!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

President Beep posted:

nice analogy

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

Why would he buy the beach in the first place if he doesn't even want it and has never been there? The town is by all accounts abandoned and he's trying to keep people out so it's not like he saw a business opportunity

if someone offers you the opportunity to buy an entire beach town for 0.1% of your net worth, you take it

i certainly would. even if i had no specific plan for it. that's just a cool opportunity.

Sagebrush posted:

Like, even if he just bought it to speculate on real estate it still doesn't really make sense that he'd keep people out. the value goes up if it becomes a desirable spot lots of people like to go

when he bought it, he closed the convenience store or whatever it was in the village. which meant there was no one to collect the $2 fee for parking

this of course pissed off the locals, and the state informed khosla that he would have to apply for a permit to block the beach access, or else maintain the status quo

this enraged the billionaire and now he is literally going to the supreme court to defend his right to block a parking lot he doesn't care about on a beach he has never been to

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
tbf he isn't doing poo poo, his lawyers are

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hypothetically, would it have been legal for him to do the national park thing where you just put your camping fee into an envelope and drop it in a box at the gate and some ranger collects it a few days later maybe?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

don’t sign yore poasts!!

okay, failgar

Stringent posted:

nice analogy

:tipshat:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
truly the brian herbert of analogies

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

truly the brian herbert of analogies

rude

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Sagebrush posted:

hypothetically, would it have been legal for him to do the national park thing where you just put your camping fee into an envelope and drop it in a box at the gate and some ranger collects it a few days later maybe?

pretty sure that would be fine since the issue is him cutting off beach access entirely. he locked the gate and hired security to keep people out.

if you read the article he says he totally respects the California constitution’s right to public beaches, as long as the people on the beach don’t cross his land (the only way besides by boat) to get there lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

okay fine, the kevin j anderson of analogies

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

why would that not be legal

california law doesn't require you have any particular way to pay for parking, if anything they encourage making free spots available near beach entranceways.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

whoa, rude

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
but not inaccurate

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

President Beep posted:

ah yes, the kind that are only funny when my wife mumbles them to me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

ah yes, the kind that are only funny when my wife mumbles them to me

heh

e: and the kind that make your best friend mad at you.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i didn't see anyone post that amzorn is now worth one TRILLION dollars. congrats to jeff bezos on stealing a record amount of money from the public.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the gated road to martin's beach is right off highway 1, you can just park on the side of the highway (there is a dirt area) and walk around the gate down to the beach. i've done this several times, nobody will stop you

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

all of a sudden *BOOM* loving invisible hand of the free market bounces your rear end to the curb like some kind of rational zelda wallmaster

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

actually, it's just a landmine

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

rational zelda wallmaster
mods

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

leftist heap posted:

i didn't see anyone post that amzorn is now worth one TRILLION dollars. congrats to jeff bezos on stealing a record amount of money from the public.

amazon, the company and it's assets, are not worth one trillion bux. amazon, the bubbly investor stock, is. its kind of semantic and dumb but its worth that because we're in a post-capitalism hellscape where finance is not seeking out more money via actual company investments but seeking out more money by buying stock on the premise that other financiers will want to buy it at higher price and so on and so on. stocks are just beanie babies for the rich

you can also thank the feds for piss poor monetary policy that is used to ensure ultra rich never lose anything at the expense of everyone else

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

its kind of semantic and dumb but its worth that because we're in a post-capitalism hellscape where finance is not seeking out more money via actual company investments but seeking out more money by buying stock on the premise that other financiers will want to buy it at higher price and so on and so on. stocks are just beanie babies for the rich

this is how it's always worked :ssh:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Xaris posted:

amazon, the company and it's assets, are not worth one trillion bux. amazon, the bubbly investor stock, is. its kind of semantic and dumb but its worth that because we're in a post-capitalism hellscape where finance is not seeking out more money via actual company investments but seeking out more money by buying stock on the premise that other financiers will want to buy it at higher price and so on and so on. stocks are just beanie babies for the rich

you can also thank the feds for piss poor monetary policy that is used to ensure ultra rich never lose anything at the expense of everyone else

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
posting here for the first time in months to let fishmech know that their tumblr account is posting spam

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

RISCy Business posted:

posting here for the first time in months to let fishmech know that their tumblr account is posting spam

lol owned

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RISCy Business posted:

how could you tell?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
say what you will about fishmech but they reblog some choice poo poo

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
and now i slumber once more

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

RISCy Business posted:

and now i slumber once more

catch you on the flipside, cthulhu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Xaris posted:

to put it another way, if AAPL had AMZN’s P/E ratio, it would be worth $10T instead of $1.1T