Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

EmmyOk posted:

Milluki and who else?

Illumi and kalluto are both spiders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Since we're waiting again, there's this thought I had recently. What would happen if a female Nen user were to use Nen while pregnant? We know Aura Nodes can be forced opened, so this would probably open the nodes on the baby. But what effect would this have on the child? Would they be able to master Aura at a ridiculously young age?
/

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jose posted:

Illumi and kalluto are both spiders?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Togashi is so dying before HxH is finished and we'll have to spend the rest of our lives hearing about how great it would have been

well they'd be right

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
You can smile again this 22th

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

turboraton posted:

You can smile again this 22th

Oh boy. Is it once again that time when Togashi takes a break from the Hiatus Arc? I like that time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Time to open the betting pool on the princes again.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im gonna have to reread the whole boat arc

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

A giant picture with all of the princes listed by their mothers. If I hadn't rushed it so much I'd have ordered each row by eldest to youngest and the rows by the eldest per row :saddowns:

Also click the quote for the original individual prince images though I will definitely redo these with name tagged cleaned up images :sweatdrop:

keep it handy folks

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

"Prince Woble" always makes me laugh

Im so down for this arc and hope it doesnt take as long as Chimera Ant did due to the hiatuses.

The situation with the Princes seems like something that would be extremely thrilling and fun to do if it were a game and not a murder spree.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Meme Emulator posted:

Im gonna have to reread the whole boat arc

It’s okay you will reread it many times in the future.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ahh happy to hear this is returning again.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Time to open the betting pool on the princes again.

EmmyOk posted:

keep it handy folks
If we're betting I say Sale Sale is going to bite the dust next. I think Predator will actually do it's job and leave him with no real defense once things pop off during the next banquet.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
You take that back, Sale Sale has a plan.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
There is a god!!!! All praises to whoever. Time to read the saga all over again.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
New viewer who is a bit past the hunter exam and I wanna know if Lerorio ever gets to be the guy?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Macksy posted:

New viewer who is a bit past the hunter exam and I wanna know if Lerorio ever gets to be the guy?

Yes.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Macksy posted:

He gets to punch out the worst person in the world in front of all the Hunters, who all stood up and clapped afterward and almost elected him president.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Macksy posted:

At the very end.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cool it with that, they asked IF he will be the guy, not how.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

EimiYoshikawa posted:

He gets to punch out the worst person in the world in front of all the Hunters, who all stood up and clapped afterward and almost elected him president.

I like this sounds like one of those “and his name was Albert Einstein” posts but it’s complete true

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Leorio was always the guy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Leorio's only ambition is to speak with the manager.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

theCalamity posted:

I like this sounds like one of those “and his name was Albert Einstein” posts but it’s complete true

That was my intent.

And people getting punched in HxH isn't exactly spoiler territory.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

EimiYoshikawa posted:

That was my intent.

And people getting punched in HxH isn't exactly spoiler territory.

I’m not calling it spoiler. I thought it was just funny. Besides, this is the manga thread and if someone gets spoiled in here while they’re still watching the show, that’s on them.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

OK so what's you guys estimation on how many chapter we will see before the next hiatus? I'm gonna go for a solid 10 weeks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

No point in gambling if you're not gonna swing for the fences.

Two volumes; twenty chapters. I believe.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I may not actually believe.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bad Seafood posted:

No point in gambling if you're not gonna swing for the fences.

Two volumes; twenty chapters. I believe.

M-... Maybe he will wrap up the succession arc?!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

M-... Maybe he will wrap up the succession arc?!

Lolno.

He'll probably wrap up the Morena Prude subplot, though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hey now, let's not get crazy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's going to introduce yet another complex faction with its own complex and unique power set

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

theCalamity posted:

I’m not calling it spoiler. I thought it was just funny. Besides, this is the manga thread and if someone gets spoiled in here while they’re still watching the show, that’s on them.

Sorry, responded to the two of you (with you getting the 'that's what I was going for' (with the 'and then everybody stood up and clapped' bit) first line) while being too lazy to make two quote boxes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's going to introduce yet another complex faction with its own complex and unique power set

Just remembered the crime families and that girl's cult lol, goddamnit togashi.

If Togashi wrote One Piece they'd have gotten to Raftel but then it'd turn out the true Grand Line was sailing to different planets

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Just remembered the crime families and that girl's cult lol, goddamnit togashi.

If Togashi wrote One Piece they'd have gotten to Raftel but then it'd turn out the true Grand Line was sailing to different planets

If Togashi wrote One Piece Luffy would have eaten a second devil fruit

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All the Cipher Pols would have been described in detail and appeared in story with full character backgrounds for every memeber

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
With every passing year I'm more convinced that Togashi is a modern-day Penelope and HxH is his shroud. He'll keep adding more and more complicated elements to the story to avoid finishing it before his Ulysses arrives, and by Ulysses I mean either magical back-recovering medicine, death or the death of Squeenix and Dragon Quest, I guess.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/zakoko_/status/1037168063156707328

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

OK so what's you guys estimation on how many chapter we will see before the next hiatus? I'm gonna go for a solid 10 weeks.

Just to shake things up I bet the initial run will be an intended 8-10 weeks but will get cut in half because Togashi’a back will start playing up and he’ll go back on hiatus earlier than planned.

I hope to god I am wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Let's be honest, there's no way he's fast enough to be doing this live. The chapters are already written.