Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sorry bud it's Dragon Quest time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

tonight not so much, but lets dance, yes much

I like the Neighborhood Threat cover in Tonight.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm a lot cooler on Bowie's 80s stuff...I thought Never Let Me Down was kind of interminable when I first listened to it, but maybe I was listening to it with the wrong mindset

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The mindset is "David Bowie can put out a 'middling' record and if that record had sentience + a bad attitude, it'd make the grand majority of your now anthropomorphized record collection bite the loving curb, unless that record collection contains music by some extremely cool cats, in which case, share that stuff, goddamn!".

... it's a very specific mindset, but I think it's an easy one to reach. :cheeky:

fake edit: That probably sounded a bit more confrontational than I expected, but for real: Share them rad tunes without fear!

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Instead of buying Dragon Quest I've chosen to put another 100 hours into Hyrule Warriors, which features the two best Zeldas making it the obviously better game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm a lot cooler on Bowie's 80s stuff...I thought Never Let Me Down was kind of interminable when I first listened to it, but maybe I was listening to it with the wrong mindset

it's better than tonight but not as good as lets dance and definitely nowhere near scary monsters, if we're gonna rank the 80s stuff

but genuinely think zeroes and glass spider are all time classic level songs

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I've come to realize that small talk can often lead to becoming buddies/friends with people you wouldn't otherwise 'normally' interact to. Small things like "Dang, I could go for a smoke", "How 'bout that weather, huh?", "Man, those ducks by the pond are assholes!" or my favorite "Man, I want to knee that dude really bad".

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://my.mixtape.moe/nnrcnj.webm

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

it's better than tonight but not as good as lets dance and definitely nowhere near scary monsters, if we're gonna rank the 80s stuff

but genuinely think zeroes and glass spider are all time classic level songs

I'm going to listen to it again. I listened to Tonight and Never Let Me Down right after the other the same day so I could have been primed to feel down about it after how disappointing Tonight was.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Where da slime at??

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/1032402698505736192

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rereading Living with my Brother's Wife and it's still good.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Cbotme/status/1036935497807847425
Good flower shop

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Is there anywhere I can find the Lupin the Third movies all in one place? Been looking around online but haven't found much. Gotta imagine I'm looking in the wrong places if I can't find Lupin

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

klapman posted:

Is there anywhere I can find the Lupin the Third movies all in one place? Been looking around online but haven't found much. Gotta imagine I'm looking in the wrong places if I can't find Lupin

Not legally, no. The only movie on a streaming service at least in the US is Castle of Cagliostro on Netflix.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Strange Quark posted:

Not legally, no. The only movie on a streaming service at least in the US is Castle of Cagliostro on Netflix.

drat, that's a bummer. I caught some of the simulwatch of Jigen's Gravestone and it looked like a cool series. I'll see if I can find some DVDs or blurays for cheap

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

🖐🔞🖑

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the new yaiba has a supremely funny last page

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

klapman posted:

Crackle has Legend of the Gold of Babylon because it's the only streaming service strong enough to contain its power.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fun new shonen that's like

reverse laughing salesman??

a mummy teacher with incredible wealth uses it to solve problems for his class but really you're the one solving your own problem in the end

https://mangadex.org/title/30062/tsurugane-sensei

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
ah, the capitalist manga

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
there comes a point where having so much wealth is inherently immoral so I approve of mummy sensei

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sharkopath posted:

Fun new shonen that's like

reverse laughing salesman??

a mummy teacher with incredible wealth uses it to solve problems for his class but really you're the one solving your own problem in the end

https://mangadex.org/title/30062/tsurugane-sensei

This looks real interesting, thanks for the hookup

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
America is kinda okay. Feels nostalgic being back.

I kinda wanna go back to Helsinki already tho.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Holy Crap, DQ11 is just charming. Have yall seen the cooking animation random NPCs will do, where they shimmy around a bunch of sausages in a skillet? I watched it loop for like 3 minutes, everything about this game is wonderful

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

It's also very good

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Wark Say posted:

I've come to realize that small talk can often lead to becoming buddies/friends with people you wouldn't otherwise 'normally' interact to.

Yeah that checks out

quote:

"Man, those ducks by the pond are assholes!"

nevermind

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

Yeah that checks out

nevermind
I ain't trying to push any anti-duck agenda here. It's just that those 2 particular ducks were two really bad, no-good feathery fiends of fury. :shrug:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I've never met a duck I didn't like.

Roosters? Sure. But not ducks.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Julias posted:

I've never met a duck I didn't like.

Roosters? Sure. But not ducks.

So what cocks don't you like?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AnoHito posted:

So what cocks don't you like?

My grandpas

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
migi & dali is so weird :psyduck:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

migi & dali is so weird :psyduck:

New chap?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

9 & 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I forget who has been posting CMB in here but I've been reading it (and the thing its a spinoff of QED) and its good.

I love how like, its always either one of three things: a Christie style mystery with a nice trick, the author just stringing together a bunch of science or history references, or national treasure but encyclopedia brown.
They're fun mangas.

chumbler posted:

Rereading Living with my Brother's Wife and it's still good.

Its the best, I want more of the evil coffee drinking teacher. She was cool.
The tall coworker with dark hair is cool too, but she is not as cool. But still... pretty cool.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 5, 2018