Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't we also have some post in here that EA is actually good to work for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Didn't we also have some post in here that EA is actually good to work for?
it seems like its good if you work for one of the core divisions and hell if you work for one of its many branches/acquired devs, though thats just based on interviews/post-mortems and not any firsthand experience or knowing anyone who's worked there

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/dwllns/status/1037026391613562880

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Taiko is good.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/richardcobbett/status/1037414284920283137

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

This looks really cool

I don't do kickstarter anymore after being burned a bunch by it but I'd play the game

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

This looks really cool

I don't do kickstarter anymore after being burned a bunch by it but I'd play the game

I am a sucker who makes bad decisions with money so I'm down for this. :v:

But also yeah, a CYOA with minor stats and a well-written vampire story is like, hello yes please.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The weirdest thing to me is that EA has not done any remasters or ports from last gen. No dragon age, Mass effect, dead space, saboteur, etc coming from 7th gen to 8th gen. You would think that EA of all companies would be all in for cheap, profitable ports or remasters.

(Dragon age 3 had a simultaneous launch across gens, I guess that's the only exception I can think of).

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Verranicus posted:

It helps that Moira and Brig are arguably two of the strongest/most useful characters in the meta right now, huh? Do you play comp at all?

I play comp. I've been playing comp exclusively since it started. QP is a poo poo show. I like arcade death matches for my weekly boxes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am a sucker who makes bad decisions with money so I'm down for this. :v:

But also yeah, a CYOA with minor stats and a well-written vampire story is like, hello yes please.

I guess most of the kickstarters that burned me were from unproven people but still preordering two or three years before the game releases isn't something I want to do anymore

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

xedo posted:

The weirdest thing to me is that EA has not done any remasters or ports from last gen. No dragon age, Mass effect, dead space, saboteur, etc coming from 7th gen to 8th gen. You would think that EA of all companies would be all in for cheap, profitable ports or remasters.

(Dragon age 3 had a simultaneous launch across gens, I guess that's the only exception I can think of).

They did burnout paradise and will probably be doing more

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

xedo posted:

One of the rumours was that theyd have a remaster of Bad Company 2 for the Battlefield V launch

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I guess most of the kickstarters that burned me were from unproven people but still preordering two or three years before the game releases isn't something I want to do anymore

That is completely fair. Hopefully whenever this vamp game drops you'll pick it up and enjoy it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

One of the rumours was that theyd have a remaster of Bad Company 2 for the Battlefield V launch

please dont toy with my emotions like this

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Wildtortilla posted:

I play comp. I've been playing comp exclusively since it started. QP is a poo poo show. I like arcade death matches for my weekly boxes.

Nice, same. Highest I got was diamond in the early seasons, typically don't get past gold or platinum now but that's fine because I get most of my fun by playing off-meta characters well while my team shrieks at me on voice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I dialled down the difficulty on Resistance and got to the point where you get regenerating health and now I'm starting to have some fun. I really like the WW2 meets aliens vibe and it's great that the first level is set in York cause it reminds me of home. More video games need to be in old British towns. It does have a serious case of the Next-Gen is Brown problems that plagued late 00s games though, it's like someone's smeared mud all over my TV.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Church of England got mad that it allows you to shoot up Manchester Cathedral.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The Dynasty Warriors series really has some great music.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukHdyGBSXs

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

4 and 7 are the best, imo. 4 has some tracks that have stuck with me since I played the game as a teen, and 7's new soundtrack with the leitmotifs shared across each kingdoms campaigns really just -worked-, especially each campaigns final stage. Those and the ending kind of felt like a more downer ending compared to the earlier games but drat if it didn't feel good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS55Laq5n3U

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Accordion Man posted:

I'd say EA is the worst publisher right now, it has competition mind you, but the EA of the last few years is just utterly bereft of any creative passion, just soulless buzzwords and trends. Even freaking Activision puts in an iota more of an effort.

Ironically, EA is one of the better games companies to work for

unless you work for one of their fully owned hellhole sweatshop developers, ie bioware

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I miss the days of hating on Bobby Kotick whose biggest crime was not fellating nerd culture in 2009.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:same:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm guessing state of decay 2 got patched or something, because it doesn't seem as bad as everyone was making it out to be. its pretty much the same thing as the first game though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Knight Arms is unironically better than Star Fox Zero.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
knight arms is a good video game even though they didn't put in bullet patterns or a framelimiter

despite its flaws it's really cool how ambitious it is, there's a ton of variety between each level and the game does look genuinely impressive at times

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it also has a really cool soundtrack from the sin & punishment guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm-irq55fFw

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't heard of it but this came up when I googled it and I've decided it's good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't heard of it but this came up when I googled it and I've decided it's good

that boss owns

most of knight arms is just like, giant tanks and space ships and stuff but then for level 3 and 4 you fight a giant weird brown prawn thing and giant robot woman. and then. it just immediately goes back to fighting space ships. it's amazing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I remember her from Macross

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Someone was inspired by Go Nagai.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Kotori Yoshimura who headed Asys is arguably the first openly transgender video game lead and developer and was fired from a bunch of studios for "health" reasons

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

Kotori Yoshimura who headed Asys is arguably the first openly transgender video game lead and developer and was fired from a bunch of studios for "health" reasons

kotori yoshimura is ftw, their experimentation with way early game 3d is still really impressive to look back on, and while knight arms and probably wibarm haven't aged too well i'm really glad that star cruiser 2 got a fan translation that can hopefully bring it more attention in the west

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
has anyone said DQXI is game of the month yet? this is like an IV of sheer joy and charm being pumped straight into my body

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
has anyone said DQXI is game of the month yet? this is like an IV of sheer joy and charm being pumped straight into my body

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Shame about the composer

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Is sundered any good? A friend just recommended it and I haven't seen any talk about it on these forums.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Good ol' King's Bounty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

• Locked thread