Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Also I think Psychic pokemon except for Mewtwo are a glass cannons. This is what calcy iv recommends for my pokemon:

(the next 3 after those are vaporeon, celebi and hariyama)

It doesn't change much with weather. In clear weather it recommends Victreebell as the 3rd pokemon, in rain it recommends Raikou. Also lol 89%-108% ":shrug:"

late edit: nevermind, I rechecked my pokemans and for some reason calcy iv had just forgotten my army of mewtwos and espeons and now it recommends those instead.

Wheany fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dodge always seems to reduce my damage output more than is useful for survival purposes. I stopped doing that poo poo because throwing monsters into the raid meat grinder has worked better for me :shrug:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Do you have really crappy moves on all your pokemon? Because honestly that group should have been able to destroy a Machamp. I usually run 4 Espeons, an Alakazam and a Metagross that are all at level 35 since I don't bother powering up higher than that and I can almost always solo a Machamp with like 30+ seconds left, regardless of weather.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Machamp sucks rear end and continues to cockblock me. Why is he one of the the best pokeymans in almost every situation

also why is machop almost impossible to find in the wild, so I have to rely on the occasional field research reward

sad questions

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FistEnergy posted:

Machamp sucks rear end and continues to cockblock me. Why is he one of the the best pokeymans in almost every situation

also why is machop almost impossible to find in the wild, so I have to rely on the occasional field research reward

sad questions

Machops nest my pokepal.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

FistEnergy posted:

Is it rarely cloudy where you live? Because I had found very few machops before the weather system was implemented, but these days when it's cloudy they're very common.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
The Dynamic Punch move set of Machamp is the most difficult one to solo, but it still shouldn't be that hard. The best strategy is to use a bunch of glass cannons like Espeon, Alakazam and Mewtwo, without dodging, for max DPS, and then enter with a second team of something slightly sturdier like Gardevoir or Lugia or Ho-Oh with Extrasensory/Brave Bird or Rayquaza with flying moves to finish it off, although a second team of glass cannons works too. If you're confident you can also try it with one team and put the Lugia 6th, and save the time of going back in with a second team.

My usual team is:
Alakazam lvl 35, Confusion/Future Sight
Espeon lvl 35, Confusion/Future Sight
Mewtwo lvl 30, Confusion/Psychic
Another slightly worse Alakazam/Espeon, or my lvl 40 Confusion/Solar Beam Exeggutor, or lvl 30 Rayquaza with flying moves
Gardevoir lvl 35, Confusion/Dazzling Gleam
Lugia lvl 30, Extrasensory/Sky Attack

and this typically ends with the Lugia still alive and more than 25 seconds left, with a pretty slow phone.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I know the last time I tried a Machamp raid I was only level 25 or so, and I was only able to get Machamp down to 20% with subpar teams. I still have to go out and try using my triple Mewtwo + Espeon + Alakazam team because I'm now 38.

I really have to go get some more rare candies for my double psychic Mewtwo.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Wheany posted:

Is it rarely cloudy where you live? Because I had found very few machops before the weather system was implemented, but these days when it's cloudy they're very common.

It's cloudy often in Cleveland. I don't think I've ever seen a wild spawn though. Guess I'll have to find a nest.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

FistEnergy posted:

It's cloudy often in Cleveland. I don't think I've ever seen a wild spawn though. Guess I'll have to find a nest.

Have you used Silph Road's nest finder?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have 6 good Machamps with the ideal moveset and over 2500cp, and I'm still sitting on 700 machop candy.

Thanks, Seattle overcast.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

seiferguy posted:

I have 6 good Machamps with the ideal moveset and over 2500cp, and I'm still sitting on 700 machop candy.

Thanks, Seattle overcast.

I've got a 96% Machoke that's like 1100 cp and I need candy...!!!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

Have you used Silph Road's nest finder?

No, I will try it.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1037437427521073153?s=20

*begins hyperventilating*

I have dozens of Mons from July/August 2016 and only 2 Luckies. Looks like I need to trade for Machops and other quality Mons!!

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 5, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Testing Complete

https://ibb.co/bug7Ze

7 more guaranteed Luckies remaining! I'll probably stick to Legendaries only. So one a week for Research tasks.

:slick: :waycool: :slick:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

Testing Complete

https://ibb.co/bug7Ze

7 more guaranteed Luckies remaining! I'll probably stick to Legendaries only. So one a week for Research tasks.

:slick: :waycool: :slick:

how did you guarantee a Lucky Raikou? Was the other Pokemon in the trade from July/August of 16?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I have a ton of Mons from Summer 2016. My daughter's account is a month old. So trading my old-rear end Vaporeon triggered a Lucky Trade which makes both Mons lucky. I have a whole bunch of old but useful stuff I can trade for the Research Legendary, every 7 days.

This is awesome.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It appears that both Pokemon will be lucky in the trade. I traded one of my heracrosses for a guaranteed lucky and it turned out lucky for the person I traded to. Good poo poo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

seiferguy posted:

It appears that both Pokemon will be lucky in the trade. I traded one of my heracrosses for a guaranteed lucky and it turned out lucky for the person I traded to. Good poo poo.

this is right. I've traded a bunch of dumb stuff for distance or candy and it's either both or neither, never just one.

e: though this new guaranteed thing might change that, I dunno

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 6, 2018

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Not that I've been trading much but I’ve received precisely gently caress all lucky pokemon, and also my oldest pokemon is from October 2016 because the first few months of pokemon go’s existence I was living in a tent on a beach in Turkey well away from any mobile phone reception. Slightly annoying, has there been any other event or bonus where the catch date of the Pokemon was relevant? I don’t think so

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Butterfly Valley posted:

Not that I've been trading much but I’ve received precisely gently caress all lucky pokemon, and also my oldest pokemon is from October 2016 because the first few months of pokemon go’s existence I was living in a tent on a beach in Turkey well away from any mobile phone reception. Slightly annoying, has there been any other event or bonus where the catch date of the Pokemon was relevant? I don’t think so

I imagine it's going to be a sliding scale of 'pokemon over this amount old'

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
So I've been playing since release but just discovered that you can select more than one Pokemon and blender them all in one go...

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
I have like 40 Mons from July/August of 2016 and I've done zero trades so, I should have 10 free Lucky Mons. This calls for some careful strategic planning.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

pod6isjerks posted:

I have like 40 Mons from July/August of 2016 and I've done zero trades so, I should have 10 free Lucky Mons. This calls for some careful strategic planning.

Same, I need to strategically obtain another phone, so I can trade by myself like I do for everything Pokemon related.

Haha...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Soarer posted:

So I've been playing since release but just discovered that you can select more than one Pokemon and blender them all in one go...

I want to say that feature was added sometime in early 2017, I think? I think it was a partial response to the third party apps that were appearing like Blossom's Pogo Manager. Same with the Appraisal feature.

I still kinda miss BPM. It was really good.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Soarer posted:

And I just learned this from this post.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

pod6isjerks posted:

Magikarp immediately comes to mind because gently caress you Mew quest.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Magikarp immediately comes to mind because gently caress you Mew quest.

Lucky is half Stardust, not Candy

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Crosspeice posted:

Same, I need to strategically obtain another phone, so I can trade by myself like I do for everything Pokemon related.

Haha...

I have another phone I can use for this purpose. So tempting.... but I dunno if I want to walk that dark path.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sent away a Aug 2016 Blissey and got this

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

That owns bones, congrats!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Boywunda posted:

Sent away a Aug 2016 Blissey and got this

:yeah:

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Congrats. Jelly Status: Maximum

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I have precisely 1 old enough pokemon, and I've kept it only because it's a pokemon I want to keep. So...

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Wheany posted:

I have precisely 1 old enough pokemon, and I've kept it only because it's a pokemon I want to keep. So...

I have the same problem, the only ones I have kept from that long ago were kept for a reason :(

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
ooh I have a Gastly, Exeggcute, Jolteon, Eevee, Dratini, Dragonair, Chansey, Machoke, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and a bunch of junk from 2016 still.

Just wish I'd found out about this a few weeks ago when I restarted. I shudder to think of how many 2016 Pokemon I mulched to make room for all my new catches.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I guess people aren't trading enough? First they introduced lucky pokemon, and had the double trading candy event, now this.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Btw, love to start the game in the morning and then waiting 5 minutes for all the notifications about friends opening and sending gifts and low motivation pokemon to clear

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Wheany posted:

Btw, love to start the game in the morning and then waiting 5 minutes for all the notifications about friends opening and sending gifts and low motivation pokemon to clear

I was really hoping their would be some sort of swipe away mechanism like in every modern phone OS. It's an improvement but not great

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Consummate Professional posted:

I was really hoping their would be some sort of swipe away mechanism like in every modern phone OS. It's an improvement but not great

Literally no one who makes this game actually plays this game. You can tell they absolutely do not dogfood it whatsoever. They make the most user-unfriendly changes so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

My Gotcha threw 240 balls yesterday and only caught 19 pokes. That’s a bad loving ratio :(

• Locked thread