Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i worked at six flags great adventure (big east coast theme park) and i literally quit after a day. i wouldn't be surprised to learn that there's a doomesque portal to hell dimension and it's right there because the people there were the worst humans i ever encountered.

Agreed. I went to Six Flags Whitewater in Atlanta on Sunday and the workers just sort of shuffled around in a daze from all the assholes slamming into everything around them. It's like people totally lose their ability to recognise things like:

Someone's walking there don't bowl through them they aren't holograms.

Hey. Watch your kid. Your kid is belly flopping onto my kid in the baby pool. Your kid is 12, mine is 2 WATCH YOUR KID.

Hey, see that backpack your sitting on? The one that's in a chair? That's not your backpack.

Your kid is going down slides before the other kids can get out of the slides. Kids are crying and this has happened repeatedly. Watch your kid.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR loving KID.

I'm not one of those fuckers that would say you should have to take an IQ test to have kids, but you drat sure should be called out for being an idiot in a theme park. You deserve to get bounced back to the carpark if you can't watch your children in a place with drowning risks and loving rollercoasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Strollers should be regulated on how big they can be. They make amusement parks, stores, sidewalks, and life in general an awful experience. For some reason people think that since they are pushing an armored baby carrier they have the right of way and just plow ahead and if you get hit, you get a scoff and an excuse ME. Better yet just make everyone wear their baby as a backpack like people do now. Or make the baby walk, i don't care.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Strollers should be regulated on how big they can be. They make amusement parks, stores, sidewalks, and life in general an awful experience. For some reason people think that since they are pushing an armored baby carrier they have the right of way and just plow ahead and if you get hit, you get a scoff and an excuse ME. Better yet just make everyone wear their baby as a backpack like people do now. Or make the baby walk, i don't care.

The best is when people bring these tractor-trailer-sized strollers on the bus. I try not to complain too much because god knows traveling with two or three stroller-aged kids must be a living hell, but that doesn't make it not annoying, particularly when there are two or three people fighting for the limited space up front oh and a couple of old or disabled people who legit need that space too (and are more entitled to it).

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Huge baby strollers and huge luggage on rush hour trains are the two things that actually piss me off. Doubly so if you block useable seats with your bullshit. It's one of the few times I can understand /r/childfree.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It always drove me insane when people with enormous strollers would block entire aisles in the store and just like stand there. For absurd amounts time. Then if you say "excuse me" because you need to get by them they scowl at you and refuse to move. Like hey thanks for continuing our species I guess but get the gently caress out of the way. Having children doesn't excuse you from basic courtesy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

When startled, amusement park goes are known to reach into their anuses to throw feces at their opponents.

Hell, I don’t even need to be startled.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mu Zeta posted:

I have never been to a Wal Mart but I refuse to believe they can be that bad. You can see the worst of humanity at theme parks or Las Vegas.

bad in the cities, good in the smaller towns

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hastings was a fantastic store chain, and it's a shame it was driven out of business by incompetent management

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I just don't get strollers either. I have 5 kids from 2-21 and every stroller I've ever had could fold up into something small enough to wedge between a seat in a car. They're called umbrella strollers. Toting a child doesn't require a Brinks Truck.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Yeah, I was just going to post the same thing - I used an umbrella stroller about 90% of the time when my kid was small.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Children should be allowed to float untethered into the sky.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
It's all about power in my opinion. People with big strollers are no different than people with big trucks that don't need them. They want to feel like the biggest and baddest person that everyone else has to get out of the way of. Little Megynne and Devyn don't need 50 lbs of baby crap with them at all times unless they have a medical condition.
They should make metal ballsacks you hang off the cargo basket of those giant strollers.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Stairs posted:

It's all about power in my opinion. People with big strollers are no different than people with big trucks that don't need them. They want to feel like the biggest and baddest person that everyone else has to get out of the way of. Little Megynne and Devyn don't need 50 lbs of baby crap with them at all times unless they have a medical condition.
They should make metal ballsacks you hang off the cargo basket of those giant strollers.

A lot of people have also gone completely insane about child safety. I mean I get it if they want to keep their children safe but really there's a point when you can't keep a kid any safer. A little fold up stroller is going to keep the kid from wandering off just as well as the one built like a tank.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The jogging strollers are my favorite.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jogging strollers are a great way for new parents to get out of the house and get exercise

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can do a 15 minute HIIT workout at home and then do a leisurely stroll with your baby. No chance of painful death for the baby that way.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

No chance of painful death for the baby that way.

Has a parent ever killed a baby by ramming a jogging stroller into something? Has that happened even one time?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Mu Zeta posted:

It was used in a ridiculously overwrought commercial for a game where you just shotgun dudes in the face.

Ok, yes. I know what the game is (kind of) so, I mean. Is the main character surrounded by familiar faces? That’s the primary question that needs be answered.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Jogging strollers are a great way for new parents to get out of the house and get exercise

And they aren't a problem, as long as they realize they are pushing a bigass thing down the sidewalk and don't expect people to step into the grass to make way for them because they have a ~baby on board~.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Signing Colin Kaepernick at this point would actually be a bad football decision. He's been out of the game for almost two years now and was not particularly good in his last season. The collusion against him worked.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, he's out for good. He had that one decent season, but was already benched before all this started. If I'm remembering correctly.

It's still awesome he stood up for what he believes despite having his career irreparably ruined for it. I hope Nike makes him the head of a charity wing or something. Dude can do a lot of good.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Just to play devil's advocate, why was it awesome when he did it and "annoying"/"distracting"/etc when Tebow did? He didn't have a president on his back so it's a bit less extreme but the same people who said "good riddance" to tebow seem to be singing a different tune with Kaepernick.

Disclaimer: I think what Kaepernick did/is doing and bringing attention to is good and he shouldn't have been driven from the NFL for that reason. I just think both will be remembered more for what their beliefs were and less about what was actually relevant (that they both kind of sucked at football).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Just to play devil's advocate, why was it awesome when he did it and "annoying"/"distracting"/etc when Tebow did? He didn't have a president on his back so it's a bit less extreme but the same people who said "good riddance" to tebow seem to be singing a different tune with Kaepernick.

Disclaimer: I think what Kaepernick did/is doing and bringing attention to is good and he shouldn't have been driven from the NFL for that reason. I just think both will be remembered more for what their beliefs were and less about what was actually relevant (that they both kind of sucked at football).

I don't really understand the comparison. They both kneeled in completely different contexts. You might as well ask why people don't care when someone takes a knee for a touchback.

People's hatred of Tebow is a product of the truly insane media hype around him that began during his sophomore year in college more than anything.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't really understand the comparison. They both kneeled in completely different contexts. You might as well ask why people don't care when someone takes a knee for a touchback.

People's hatred of Tebow is a product of the truly insane media hype around him that began during his sophomore year in college more than anything.

It's the "doing something people hated for something they believed in" that I'm drawing the comparison. Of course it is in different contexts. People hated Tebow for many reasons that were only tangentially related to football, just like Kaepernick. I'm not saying being an outspoken Christian is anything like protesting police brutality against minorities, just that the media/fans latching on to it is similarly stupid/nonsensical in the context of them being in the NFL.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It's the "doing something people hated for something they believed in" that I'm drawing the comparison. Of course it is in different contexts. People hated Tebow for many reasons that were only tangentially related to football, just like Kaepernick. I'm not saying being an outspoken Christian is anything like protesting police brutality against minorities, just that the media/fans latching on to it is similarly stupid/nonsensical in the context of them being in the NFL.

Similarly to how nobody noticed Kaep's protest until a reporter asked him about it, Tebow's Christianity was amplified by media treating it as heroic, even though 90% of football players are just as religious.

Kaep was also a much better NFL player at his peak but Tebow had an insane fanbase screaming that he JUST WINS GAMES so people who actually understand football enjoyed seeing it come crashing down.

Tebow was extremely good in college but he was treated like a literal messiah.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kaep was also a much better NFL player at his peak but Tebow had an insane fanbase screaming that he JUST WINS GAMES so people who actually understand football enjoyed seeing it come crashing down.

Tebow was extremely good in college but he was treated like a literal messiah.

Skip Bayless shares a huge portion of the blame for that hype. Most gator fans I knew including myself were of course happy to see him win as much as he did but also acknowledged that as a traditional QB he kind of sucked. And I can understand non-fans being happy to see him fail, but all the remarks about him being gay (and there are a LOT of people who believe this, and not in a supportive way) and making fun of him for being a virgin were just as uncalled for as the people saying Kaep is a traitor etc.

Anyway my point wasn't that Tebow's departure from the NFL is equal to Kaep's - it wasn't, and as you said Kaepernick was better at his peak (but he still wasn't very good). It's that I don't think players (or employees in general) should suffer for expressing their beliefs. Let the media freak out about what they do/say off the field, but if you care about winning all that should matter is how good they are, not whether there's a media circus attached or not. Of course the reason Tebow isn't on a team now is because he wasn't good enough, but at the time it wasn't clear whether he was unfixable or not and the "media circus" argument was being thrown around all the time as a reason not to give him another chance.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The answer is that the kneeling itself isn't the issue. When Tebow kneeled it reminded us of how outwardly annoying Christians are in public, so it made us dislike him and were happy to see him gone.

The only people who were happy to see Kaep go were those who thought he was being uppity.

It isn't that we hate the kneeling, it is that we hate the people who liked Tebow's kneeling/disliked Kaep's.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you kneel before god it's literally literally a sign of weakness whereas kneeling as a protest is a sign of strength. You don't want weak people sporting about.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tebow was politicized before he was even signed in a really obnoxious way. His story as an "abortion survivor" was put at the forefront of a big publicity push for this amazing pro-life Christian who also was going to be the best at football. Then it turned out he wasn't actually that good at football.

Kapernick was quietly protesting the murder of innocent black people by cops all over the country.

Completely different situations, unless you remove all context in a disingenuous attempt to draw an equivalency.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also tebow was doing something that’s utterly commonplace on american sports fields and grandstanding about it. We did prayers on the field in loving marching band and somehow never got on the news.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Tebow was celebrating a touch down which is in fact against the rules. It had nothing to do with his faith; you aren't supposed to dance, spike the ball, kneel to thank God...no anything. He also had a habit of putting references to bible verses in his eye black.

In the case of people kvetching about silencing Tebow but demanding that kaepernick stop protesting it's blatant, open hypocrisy. Taking a knee during the anthem was in fact not against the rules. Of course all these people want is to justify acting like a persecuted minority. Nobody gives a poo poo that Tebow is Christian. It was stuff he did on the field that were against the actual, written rules that was the issue.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's very disingenuous to say the various criticisms of Tebow had nothing to do with his faith. You can't believe that.

If we're specifically talking about the act of kneeling, which I said a few times is not what I'm focusing on (but who reads posts anymore after the first couple lines), then yes, I agree it wasn't about that.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm superior for not caring about sports stuff

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tebow was trying to run out the clock he just didn’t understand the game

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Stairs posted:

I just don't get strollers either. I have 5 kids from 2-21 and every stroller I've ever had could fold up into something small enough to wedge between a seat in a car. They're called umbrella strollers. Toting a child doesn't require a Brinks Truck.

They're good (and I use one when I'm going on the train because they are so much more compact) but our bigger three-wheeler ones is a shitload easier to steer and is actually capable of going on something that isn't a flat man-made surface.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Farting is a form of making GBS threads. The only different between farting and making GBS threads proper is the strength of the molecular bonds of the poo poo. Farts have weaker bonds, so the molecules move around more, and thus the poo poo is in vaporous form: a fart. Stronger bonds lead to more coherence and viscosity, from fart, to shart, to liquid poo poo, to soft serve, to "Taco Shits" poo poo, and finally, solid poo poo. Farting is frankly not distinct enough to merit its own name as a separate phenomenon from making GBS threads.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hastings was a fantastic store chain, and it's a shame it was driven out of business by incompetent management

:agreed:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's very disingenuous to say the various criticisms of Tebow had nothing to do with his faith. You can't believe that.

If we're specifically talking about the act of kneeling, which I said a few times is not what I'm focusing on (but who reads posts anymore after the first couple lines), then yes, I agree it wasn't about that.

In what ways are they similar?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

In what ways are they similar?

Asked and answered. I don't want to drag this up again.

e:

biracial bear for uncut posted:

A lovely person putting "faith" on display for marketing purposes is always lovely. It is literally a thing Jesus is quoted as saying in the New Testament.

gently caress Tebow.

Kaep kneeled to protest something lovely, at the risk of his career. LOL if you think the two are comparable because you just look like a dipshit.

it's a good thing I didn't say they were. I said the opposite, in fact:

me posted:

Anyway my point wasn't that Tebow's departure from the NFL is equal to Kaep's - it wasn't
I'm not saying being an outspoken Christian is anything like protesting police brutality against minorities, just that the media/fans latching on to it is similarly stupid/nonsensical in the context of them being in the NFL.

but go ahead and keep dunking on the strawman you think you're talking to.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Sep 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

A lovely person putting "faith" on display for marketing purposes is always lovely. It is literally a thing Jesus is quoted as saying in the New Testament.

gently caress Tebow.

Kaep kneeled to protest something lovely, at the risk of his career. LOL if you think the two are comparable because you just look like a dipshit.