Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheAgent posted:

wasn't he absolutely loving fawning over it and refused to listen to any criticism whatsoever
sounds like him with pretty much every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
Isn't there also photos floating around with her and the cast during a script reading session at CIG? or is that another one of the 5 roles she has done.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cameroon_TLPC posted:

We're still in pre-alpha testing stages, but much like Cyberpunk 2077, we've recently hit a major milestone! You can now play the game completely one-handed. We've also removed some of the more extraneous shortcuts, like hitting ALT+LSHIFT+F11 to bring up the main menu. Our engineers are nothing short of amazing!

Our lore team also sent out an update today:
https://twitter.com/PledgeTeam/status/1037525988647694336
What does the Stimpress say? Does she provide the best kind of electric tingles down the spine?

:allears: Just magical.

ewe2 posted:

Lovers of that fine British show Hustle will know that romantic "moral" conman ethos of giving the mark an out. This is to guarantee however, that the mark will usually always be too greedy to back off; the goal after all is to get them to bite something that seems too good to be true. But also, there is the vital insurance that the mark believe the narrative they bought into is complete and thus protect you as you melt into the shadows.

The core dishonesty of SC is that "out" that the faithful repeat to themselves: they are donating to a project without the expectation of something back. The mark believes the fable, but I'm not at all sure the conmen have done their homework.
So, like everything at this point, even the con works despite Chris Roberts, not because of him.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheAgent posted:

wasn't he absolutely loving fawning over it and refused to listen to any criticism whatsoever as he continued to try and sell people on the game because "those developers were held back by blizzard and now they can make the game right"

like I purchased hellgate london and thought it was okay for the first couple hours, but anything after that was a complete loving nightmare mess

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Kikas posted:

What does the Stimpress say? Does she provide the best kind of electric tingles down the spine?

Lovemaking outside of pure procreation is outlawed. Your thought-crimes have been added to the Stimperial Vaults.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Trilobite posted:

I think SoftNum meant the part about Sandi using CIG's money to help finance American Satan in exchange for a sweet role as Vic's Mom is just amusing goonhistory and not actually something supported by evidence.

(While technically every cent the Roberts are paying themselves to "work" for CIG comes from backers, it's not CIG's money that went into the movie unless they paid it out of a corporate account. And if they did that...well, they've got huge, huge problems in their future, because piercing the corporate veil is something you do not do if you want to stay wealthy and/or out of jail.)

There's no ironclad evidence of it, but IIRC there was Roberts' production company, Gemini 42, which listed CIG's Santa Monica address as their address. There was also the film audition and/or table read that listed CIG's address as its location, and I believe pics of the table read posted on some producer's twitter were clearly taken in one of the conference rooms seen in an ATV. That was all a couple years prior to American Satan though.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
New Dr Who on Sunday! I expect a lot of angry comments from Star Citizen backers about a female timelord.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Was this the Bastion controller guy or am I thinking of someone with a similar name?

Though to be fair the SA steam thread reached citizen levels of shittiness by the time I stopped reading it so it all kinda blurs.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

When's the time limit up on CIG replying to Crytek's amended complaint, I can't remember how many pages ago that happened but surely we aren't far off now?

Or did I already miss the official :qq: response

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Wise Learned Man posted:

There's no ironclad evidence of it, but IIRC there was Roberts' production company, Gemini 42, which listed CIG's Santa Monica address as their address. There was also the film audition and/or table read that listed CIG's address as its location, and I believe pics of the table read posted on some producer's twitter were clearly taken in one of the conference rooms seen in an ATV. That was all a couple years prior to American Satan though.

Yeah, but being a couple years prior to American Satan means it probably wasn't American Satan that they were doing a table read for, and Gemini 42 isn't one of the four (!) production companies listed on IMDB for it. (And seriously, FOUR production companies?! For American Satan?! The whole movie business is terminally stupid, I swear.)

It would be absolutely magical if it turned out these idiots spent backer money directly on financing Sandi's dreams of being an actor. It would be like Christmas and the Fourth of July and Halloween all rolled up into one magnificent never-ending party, and I would be so overjoyed by the schadenfreude that I might never, ever stop smiling. But someone would actually have to go through the books and find evidence of it, and all we've got right now is "Yeah, they look like big enough idiots to try doing something that dumb."

Which, yes, of course they do, but their obvious rampant idiocy isn't proof. I can believe that she bought her way onto a movie, and it's clear that she neither earns nor deserves a penny of that VP-of-Marketing paycheck she gets, and it's undeniable that she is somehow even less qualified for that VP job than she is for a job as an actor, but until forensic accountants get their opportunity to swarm all over CIG's books and uncover all the little perks she and her husband have been giving themselves at their company's expense, we're just telling a story to amuse ourselves.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Seems like a maroon, but hassling someone for liking pathologic is pretty hosed up. If that truly occurred, that's one wrong rear end goon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Spiderdrake posted:

Was this the Bastion controller guy or am I thinking of someone with a similar name?

Though to be fair the SA steam thread reached citizen levels of shittiness by the time I stopped reading it so it all kinda blurs.
No, that's a different guy.

From memory Dominic never did anything but just post overwhelmingly positive impressions of basically any indie game Steam accepted (back when they didn't just sell all the trash all the time) to the Steam thread and it became kind of a thing to dunk on him for having terrible taste in games.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Confession time. I liked Hellgate London and its fountains of loot.

You kill like a dog and it drops some legendary armour and 12 rocket launchers.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

Trilobite posted:

I think SoftNum meant the part about Sandi using CIG's money to help finance American Satan in exchange for a sweet role as Vic's Mom is just amusing goonhistory and not actually something supported by evidence.

(While technically every cent the Roberts are paying themselves to "work" for CIG comes from backers, it's not CIG's money that went into the movie unless they paid it out of a corporate account. And if they did that...well, they've got huge, huge problems in their future, because piercing the corporate veil is something you do not do if you want to stay wealthy and/or out of jail.)

Well, when you have Ortwin "best IP lawyer in the world" Freyermuth as your own personal consigliere, you don't do beginner mistakes like this. Like you don't go intentionally into full breach of your contractual obligations and document them in public videos on the int...... Ho wait nevermind.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baxta posted:

New Dr Who on Sunday! I expect a lot of angry comments from Star Citizen backers about a female timelord.

Woo hoo!

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
To anybody quoting the pictures of the NPC's squatting on the chairs:

Stop spreading FUD! This is a planned feature! There is even concept art to prove it!

In true citizen fashion, additionally, I do not have the link to prove this. I just remember it from previous thread lore. It was some lovely concept art of a hangar/warehouse where there was a guy squatting awkwardly while loading a gun.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Whenever you pooptouchers run into JoeBlobbers in yet another Citizer article's comment section, tell him to update his blog. Seems he just ran out of steam when Derek disappeared from the thread.

https://sctrollsdump.wordpress.com/

Fake edit: I guess he still updates the pages that record total funding, total staff, and current lies release schedules.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Sillybones posted:

Lovemaking outside of pure procreation is outlawed. Your thought-crimes have been added to the Stimperial Vaults.

The only allowed position in the stimpire is "the praying Mantis"

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

space-X-chicken posted:

i'm usually 5 pages behind. thats also no good when i quote something. but 120 pages...sheesh. you'll arrive at THIS very post in winter probably. anyways, greetings from the future...or from the past?

I cheat, sometimes I look at the tail of the thread. Especially when I see the page counter run fast, then probably something silly happened.
What may happen is that I quote your post again in a month or so, when I've forgotten this reply.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Sum Mors posted:

To anybody quoting the pictures of the NPC's squatting on the chairs:

Space Gopniks

E:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Ghostlight posted:

lmbo even when I take a break from the UK's second biggest shitshow to catch up with America's biggest I can't escape the ouroboros of shitposting
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1037548777677234177

Free Derek!

Wait no don't do that.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Free Derek!

Wait no don't do that.

Well it’s not like anyone would pay for the privilege. :v:

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/05/cyberpunk-2077-cd-projekt-interview-what-im-not-willing-to-say-is-what-were-saying-7916829/

quote:

GC: How long have you being working on the game now?

PM: Well the game has actually been in development since… 2013 is when I started. There was a time where we needed to finish Witcher 3 and a lot of people were pulled off of that. There were still people working on it, but what you see here is the result of a couple of years.

Cyberpunk has been in dev since 2013. One less year than star citizen. Just for reference.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Baxta posted:

Imo Dr Who has been getting progressively worse over the past few years - lets hope Jodie can save it!

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Ah but you see, they had their own engine and they'd already been releasing games for a while, so Cyberpunk has in fact been in development for 20 years

Nice try, goontiflas

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dominic was always a fairly steady presence, and i replaced his pendulum avatar a couple of times when the Steam thread got salty.

Don’t hide your hellgate shame with a ‘lifetime’ (or six months) of regret.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

wasn't he absolutely loving fawning over it and refused to listen to any criticism whatsoever as he continued to try and sell people on the game because "those developers were held back by blizzard and now they can make the game right"

like I purchased hellgate london and thought it was okay for the first couple hours, but anything after that was a complete loving nightmare mess

Hellgate was great until you hit the end of the actual content after about ten hours, then it was entirely samey. They frontloaded a single player experience, and the lackluster salisbury expansion was the only thing to make it out. The warmed over carcass is still out there with a bunch of hacked in Engrish.

Lifetime subscriptions were fairly dumb, but still only in the $120 range, iirc.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Bastion controller guy that emailed Supergiant over his knockoff controller is a different guy.

Edit: chibisoma.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351001&pagenumber=83&perpage=40#post394974181

https://mobile.twitter.com/supergiantgames/status/197467673532178432?lang=en

You can dig the story out from there, but i recall it unfolding in the Steam thread, but it’s probably archived by now.

Hav fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 6, 2018

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Ah, but that's development. If you include pre-production you can easily add 3 more years. Just like Star Citizen has been in pre-production, not full development, between 2011 and 2014.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

No, that's a different guy.

From memory Dominic never did anything but just post overwhelmingly positive impressions of basically any indie game Steam accepted (back when they didn't just sell all the trash all the time) to the Steam thread and it became kind of a thing to dunk on him for having terrible taste in games.

See, i don’t think they were terrible, but he was a ‘games reviewer’ so people would attempt to game his opinion.

Now the Steam thread...that was bad before the trash fountain Valve opened.

Derek should watch out. They’re taking a good look at naturalizations at the moment.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Kosumo posted:

I have to ask, what value do YOU see in Chris Roberts?

Actually Chris has great value currently in the game industry, but not the value he intended. When all other old gods fell to earth: Chris is the only one left to laugh at, and who continuously ups the bar for hilarity.

George Broussard: Completely useless jackoff at this point. His only real comeback attempt (outside of Prey which he had little to do with) was from stealing an IP that was pitched to him and Scott Miller, trying to develop it in a studio in Finland, and then getting caught and sued for it.

Richard Garriott: He's really not that stable or focused anymore and has essentially transformed into a french larper (de Cayeux). It's a shame. He was my favorite of the old gods. Always wanted a final super Ultima release, but alas

Peter Molyneux: You simply need to try to hold a conversation with the man, and you immediately understand that it's over

Brad McQuaid: Oh god.....where to start. What a mess. Yeah dude, you are still going invent the next Everquest. Everyone is still waiting for it............Vanguard: Nope. Pantheon: uh...nope

John Romero: All he has left at this point is talking about the old Doom days

Whose left?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Trilobite posted:

Yeah, but being a couple years prior to American Satan means it probably wasn't American Satan that they were doing a table read for, and Gemini 42 isn't one of the four (!) production companies listed on IMDB for it. (And seriously, FOUR production companies?! For American Satan?! The whole movie business is terminally stupid, I swear.)

It would be absolutely magical if it turned out these idiots spent backer money directly on financing Sandi's dreams of being an actor. It would be like Christmas and the Fourth of July and Halloween all rolled up into one magnificent never-ending party, and I would be so overjoyed by the schadenfreude that I might never, ever stop smiling. But someone would actually have to go through the books and find evidence of it, and all we've got right now is "Yeah, they look like big enough idiots to try doing something that dumb."

Which, yes, of course they do, but their obvious rampant idiocy isn't proof. I can believe that she bought her way onto a movie, and it's clear that she neither earns nor deserves a penny of that VP-of-Marketing paycheck she gets, and it's undeniable that she is somehow even less qualified for that VP job than she is for a job as an actor, but until forensic accountants get their opportunity to swarm all over CIG's books and uncover all the little perks she and her husband have been giving themselves at their company's expense, we're just telling a story to amuse ourselves.

Who’s the Gemini, Chris or Sandi?

There’s no contractual obligation for them to spend money on the game, and i’m fairly sure that they’ve ‘invested’ some in growth opportunities because you don’t leave 200 mill in a bank account simply resting. This is one reason that i hang onto my ridiculously small and increasingly useless pledge as an interested party.

They retroactively paid themselves after the kickstarter, which tends to betray a certain kind of thought, and lol if you haven’t looked at the IMDB pages for these idiots recently. Chris wants to be a Director, and this game poo poo is a vehicle for their pretensions. But it that’s level of ‘goon history’ that’s going to be closer to the mark than the usual barking nonsense on these here word banks.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

his nibs posted:

Imo Dr Who has been getting progressively worse over the past few years - lets hope Jodie can save it!

Thats fair. Capaldi is awesome in other stuff but he just didnt click for me as the Doctor. Jodie seems alright but let's face it, they needed Sandi as the new Doctor.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Baxta posted:

Thats fair. Capaldi is awesome in other stuff but he just didnt click for me as the Doctor. Jodie seems alright but let's face it, they needed Sandi as the new Doctor.

Everyone after Peter Davidson was a mistake.

Fite me.

The current Who’s tend to revolve around the old defiant monologue just a bit too much, as it’s well established Canon that said Gallifreyan is a bit of a gently caress up. Rick before Rick was Rick, almost.

I like they’ve gone with a female Doctor although Romana is literally in a holding pattern out there somewhere after the warriors gate arc.

Hav fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 6, 2018

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich

TheAgent posted:

I don't know about this particular guy but there absolutely was a time when you could get probated or banned for liking/not liking the videogame the general forum liked/not liked.

I was probated for a month for thinking star citizen was kind of a scam in like 2013ish.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Iridium posted:

haven't posted in here in an age but saw this and thought of our favorite groundbreaking crowdfunded game

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/09/04/wayback_machine_legit/

I'm sure that was the driving force for them to move to spectrum. There be no wayback machining that debacle.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nyast posted:

Ah, but that's development. If you include pre-production you can easily add 3 more years. Just like Star Citizen has been in pre-production, not full development, between 2011 and 2014.

I'm trying to find the other CP'77 interview that was making the rounds a while back that put that into perspective. The timeline is quite simple:

2012 — license acquired.
2013 — prepro (and development) starts.
2015 — production starts as TW3 gets released.
2017 — “major milestone” (alpha?)
2018 — beta rumours
2019? — release

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Hav posted:

Everyone after Peter Davidson was a mistake.

Fite me.

The current Who’s tend to revolve around the old defiant monologue just a bit too much, as it’s well established Canon that said Gallifreyan is a bit of a gently caress up. Rick before Rick was Rick, almost.

I like they’ve gone with a female Doctor although Romana is literally in a holding pattern out there somewhere after the warriors gate arc.

Tennant and Smith were great. If you visit Salzburg i'll fite you then pints.

Michelle Gomez as the master is redonkeykong good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

I to believe that if we are all positive about our love for Great Leader and don't talk bad about him then everyone else will start thinking good about him regardless of what he does. Like North Korea.