Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Last Dance with Farsight, Ricochet rounds, Outlaw and Range finder. Plus a range master work. loving thing has 67 range before range finder even kicks in and it has Antiope effective range. loving love this gun. The god roll would be to replace outlaw with tap the trigger but this is still crazy good.

Also got Go Figure with Range Finder and high cal and that thing does some real work. Its a 450rpm 4 round burst that does 27 to the head.

Randon rolls are good and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Boo, not enough salt on reddit, I can't find more quality shitposts to copy.

Gonna poopsock this long weekend. Anyone know if drops are based on highest light SEEN or OWNED? (ie if I dismantle a higher light crap item in my inv will it still give me higher rewards later)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ace of spades is broken. Using this gun is like the first time I got my dick sucked. I can't believe it's a thing.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://youtu.be/vnGb4_Oo1yA

:vince:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

Gonna poopsock this long weekend. Anyone know if drops are based on highest light SEEN or OWNED? (ie if I dismantle a higher light crap item in my inv will it still give me higher rewards later)

It should be "owned", but it excludes rewards still inside engrams.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

victrix posted:

It's the highest light you can equip.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

All blue life for the next day or two

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh sweet pvp level advantages are on in Gambit. It's not really going to make Sleeper kill any better or anything though.

I wish I had Sleeper.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Ace of spades is broken. Using this gun is like the first time I got my dick sucked. I can't believe it's a thing.

its literally like a kid with an action figure making up a superhero. 'uh...he's super strong! and he only gets stronger forever when he wins a fight! and if he beats you, you explode!'

the gun does too much, it's wild.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Good on you Bungie. gently caress balance, own noobs.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

On the one hand, getting oneshot by bows and sleepers and snipers sucks a lot. On the other hand I wiped an enemy team twice in a row doing nothing but shoulder charging, skullforting, and kramering around the map because they failed to hit me in the head that time.

PVP: It's Good Now

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like when you miss with the bow, you can see the arrow turn in flight right into the head of the thing you were vaguely aiming at.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I haven't played Forsaken yet but do you really have to farm planet materials again to infuse?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

omg chael crash posted:

I haven't played Forsaken yet but do you really have to farm planet materials again to infuse?

Yeah, but by the time you need them you'll have fuckloads of them. You can trade for them as well. The biggest bottleneck is going to be cores, which is dumb but whatever because the game is fun now

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I’ve been steady climbing in light levels and tossing out everything that’s too low. This has left me with my only weapons being the bow and a shotgun. Not ideal.

Gambit is pretty fun though. It’s hard to track the invader with everything else going on but sending a constant stream of blockers to the other side is great.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Forsaken fixed strikes so it is exceeding my expectations

https://i.imgur.com/LRidSVY.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/EeoKm7H.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bwKvF4h.gifv

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Waiting to cash in my powerful engrams until my LL is 500 is the way to go right? Or is it like a legendary engram where the level is locked in when you get it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Aside from the line in the trailer, how much does your Guardian talk?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
like one more word

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Enough to get Reddit to not talk, I hope

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What's this I'm hearing about 6 man patrols?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

ive seen some chatter about it but haven’t seen it actually happen or anything

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

We weren't talking about destiny, we were patrolling your mom. She likes it that way.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If the raid start in a patrol area you could ignore the raid and 6 man stuff. Bungie invented that in Destiny 1 and then forgot about it. It was more a thing to meet new people than anything.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I know that I am old school as hell

I mean I'm hearing it's back

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You just got Tei'd bro.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, but by the time you need them you'll have fuckloads of them. You can trade for them as well. The biggest bottleneck is going to be cores, which is dumb but whatever because the game is fun now

Not too mention that Spider sells cores and mats. Plus every planet has 3(I think?) daily bounties for ~10 mats each. Basically you can easily get all mats/cores you need just by playing but if you REALLY need something there are multiple ways to get it fast.

I absolutely dig the collection page. I basically emptied my vault because why hold on to a low-light purple I "might" use when I can just pull a decent light out of my collections for the cost of weapon parts and a few purple shards. Of course, I'll be filling it back up with good random rolls instead. It's mocking me on the earlier season sets I never managed to complete though. I really hope they open up chances to grab some of that stuff again.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I’m keeping and using all my yr1 gear because the random rolls to me suck rear end on the gear no exciting perks on them for me so I’m sticking with my yr1 raid armor and just gonna use yr 2 mods

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

victrix posted:

I’m keeping and using all my yr1 gear because the random rolls to me suck rear end on the gear no exciting perks on them for me so I’m sticking with my yr1 raid armor and just gonna use yr 2 mods

You can't put Y2 mods in Y1 armor afaik

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

victrix posted:

Lol what the poo poo is this, please no gaslighting in this thread now that Destiny is fun again

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

This is p cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has anyone poopsocked enough to figure out what the rewards for resetting rank for Gambit is yet?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress, I've been kicked to login from the last part of the rifleman twice now.

It would be nice to have a drat save point in adventures for garbage like that

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RBA Starblade posted:

You can't put Y2 mods in Y1 armor afaik

you can

you can't put y2 mods into y1 weapons tho

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I played one game with one of the new two-burst sidearms, Death by Scorn, and it shredded. Anyone else tried it out? I can't pass judgment based on one game, but it seemed cool and good.

The new Gunslinger super is the ultimate shutdown super. Imagine Nova Bomb, but actually good. It deletes everything in front of you instantly with minimal wind-up animation.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mikey-San posted:

The new Gunslinger super is the ultimate shutdown super. Imagine Nova Bomb, but actually good.

I miss Obsidian Mind and the infinite Nova Bomb Engine

e: Are there any high impact auto rifles to keep an eye out for? I need a new pvp weapon besides just some old shotguns and Graviton Lance

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 6, 2018

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I am LL 500 and I did the LL 500 daily heroic story missions(highest I could choose) for a "power upgrade" and got a helm at LL 500. How does this work again? Where is the power upgrade?

texaholic fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 6, 2018

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

RBA Starblade posted:

I miss Obsidian Mind and the infinite Nova Bomb Engine

e: Are there any high impact auto rifles to keep an eye out for? I need a new pvp weapon besides just some old shotguns and Graviton Lance

Well, it's probably not bettter in PvE. But in PvP, it ruins whatever's in the room. Dodging Arcstriders hate him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Things like this are why some npc dialogue shines and others causes us to feel hate.

Banshee "I won't, forget the one's we've lost... I won't.". There's determination, sadness, and so much more in the subtext of the line, in the characters history, it adds to that is already fantastic.

Meanwhile, 20 feet away

"NEEDLESS TO SAY, I SENT THE WHOLE SHIPMENT BACK"

Honestly, the voice actors good, but literally every line she has means nothing to us. Fenchurch is a blank, gray blob of nothing and boring in the Destiny Lore, so unfleshed out and meaningless that Tess's words about him actively detract from the atmosphere and world every single time she speaks.

I love Banshee-44 so much, and the most tragic thing I can think of is him slowly losing the memories of his loved ones, and as he struggles to remember Cayde-6's face, Tess screams some poo poo about the Cabal being bitches for not fighting her and how she'd have prevented the near genocide. Over time, her lies and war profiteering become his reality and he's no different than my grandpa with creeping dimentia holding every word of Alex Jones as gospel.