Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sataere posted:

Obviously I disagree about the evaluations on the players, but I do agree with the risk assessment. I like high upside, because I think it's easy to fix most issues on the waiver wire.

I'm not worried about Baldwin. He's supposed to play week one and has been quietly consistent his entire career. I also don't think Olsen is washed up, but I suspect you were an Olsen owner last year. :v:

I think I agree. Not feeling this draft.

I wasn't an Olsen owner the past few years but was drinking the Bennett kool-aid, hah. Perhaps worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think Olsen certainly has another good season left in the tank, and his situation is pretty optimal for fantasy as well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Finished up a 2QB league with my brother in law. All the groomsmen are getting together and apparently there's nine of us including the groom.

Half PPR, 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX

QB: Brees, Dalton, Mahomes, Darnold
RB: Bell/Conner, Gordon, Miller, Burkhead, Anderson
WR: Diggs, Hill, Gordon, Jeffery, J. Brown, Moore
TE: Reed

Feels pretty solid. Darnold was a last round flyer who will be the first cut for whoever I want (tempted to grab Kittle).

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Finished up a 2QB league with my brother in law. All the groomsmen are getting together and apparently there's nine of us including the groom.

Feels pretty solid. Darnold was a last round flyer who will be the first cut for whoever I want (tempted to grab Kittle).

I'll never trust John Brown in fantasy. Sickle cell holds him back so drat much he has all the makings of being a solid 800 yard min wr but every year he has problems related to it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Had my auction.

Who do I drop to pick up a K for week 1?

I'm thinking WR Ginn or RB Allen. But I love hoarding backup RBs in case of injuries to starters.

If I knew how to use photoshop I would replace candles with RBs in the wint budget tweet, unless you somehow start 5 of them? Your starting RBs are top tier, so it seems pointless to have other peoples handcuffs instead of your own. If some random RB you have the backup for goes down they probably would still sit on your bench because your starting RBs are so good (if/when Bell plays), while if one of yours goes down you are screwed. With that said, most of your bench feels pretty droppable, so sure, why not Allen.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hell, who is on the wire for WR because I'm sure there's a better upside flier than Ginn, too.

Cut em both let god sort it out

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i got a "here's a trade that happened in your league" email and apparently in one of my money leagues someone is trading Bell for Kamara straight up

that is a fascinating deal that could blow up for either person, so I guess it's fair?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I did my draft for this year and I feel that I did pretty well seeing as how I actually did some reading in the lead up to it

QB: Garappolo
WR1: Adams
WR2: Thielen
RB1: D. Johnson
RB2: Ajayi
TE: Engram
W/R/T: Tate
K: Butker
D: LAC

Bench: Corey Davis/Allen Robinson/Kerryon Johnson/Tarik Cohen/George Kittle/Dak

It’s a 10 team league so I can’t imagine it’ll be hard to do a waiver wire/free agency shuffle when injuries happen

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Finished my first dynasty salary cap draft. Blew my wad early and then missed out on later round picks as I was being too conservative with the little money I had left.

Will I contend? :(

$1000 salary - 12 teams

QBs

quote:

Carson Wentz - $156
Phillip Rivers - $40
Derek Carr - $48
Teddy Bridgewater - $1

RBs

quote:

Melvin Gordon - $159
Jordan Howard - $125
Tarik Cohen - $32
Peyton Barber - $13
Austin Ekeler - $14
Theo Riddick - $6
Chris Ivory - $2
Mike Gillslee - $1
Jeremy Hill - $1
Jonathan Stewart - $1

WRs

quote:

TY Hilton - $135
Mike Evans - $108
Rishard Matthews - $14
Dez Bryant - $2
Chad Williams - $1
Brandon Marshall - $1
Cordarrelle Patterson - $1
Albert Wilson - $1

TEs

quote:

Zach Ertz - $122
Jesse James - $1
Jonnu Smith - $1

Taxi Squad

quote:

Anthony Miller
Antonio Callaway
Jordan Akins
Phllip Lindsay

Starting Lineup

\ 1 QB*
\ 2 RB*
\ 3 WR*
\ 1 TE*
\ 2 FLEX*
\ 1 Super Flex*
\ 15 bench*

Scoring Highlights
\ Lot of the typical scoring stuff, thennnn...*
\ Passing TDs - 6 pts*
\ Passing INTs - -4*
\ Pick 6's - -2*
\ Rushing/Receiving TDs - 6 pts*
\ PPR - 0.5 pts*
\ PPR TE - 1 pt*
\ 1st Downs to RB/WR - 0.5 pts*
\ 1st Downs to TE - 1 pt*
\ 40+ Yard TDs - 1 pts (1 pt bonus + 6 pt TD = 7pts total

Dynasty goons, how bad did I screw this team up?

89 fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 6, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'll never trust John Brown in fantasy. Sickle cell holds him back so drat much he has all the makings of being a solid 800 yard min wr but every year he has problems related to it.

I paid nothing for him so it's all upside for me. Supposedly the Maryland climate might help.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Had my auction.

Who do I drop to pick up a K for week 1?

I'm thinking WR Ginn or RB Allen. But I love hoarding backup RBs in case of injuries to starters.

DJax. Gadget receiver on a lackluster offense manned by a journeyman QB playing against a good D/ST.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's a very strong team.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My RB situation is dire with Ingram and now Bell hanging out in my bench doing nothing and no one to replace the void with (i focused on WRs) and now everyone in my league is already circling around me like vultures trying to pick off my top receivers instead of making an even trade (to be fair, I'd be trying to gently caress me too if I could) so gently caress everything it's your time to shine Jordan Wilkins because I'm not making a trade before the season begins :argh:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Out of my three drafts, I dislike this redraft team the most. I got the 9/10 position again and felt like I was trying too hard to go against or even disrupt the flow (zig when they zag).

As a result of this and a 60-second timer, blunders were made.

10-teamer, 1ppr, 1 point per completion:

QB: Stafford (13.9)
WR: Hopkins (1.9)
WR: ODB (2.2)
RB: Mixon (3.9)
RB: Ajayi (5.9)
flex: James Conner (15.9)
TE: Ertz (4.2)
D/ST: MIN (16.2)
K: Prater (17.9)

BE: Ingram (6.2)
BE: Tevin Coleman (7.9)
BE: Jamaal Williams (8.2)
BE: Garçon (9.9)
BE: Garoppolo (10.2)
BE: Keelan Cole (11.9)
BE: Sony Michel (12.2)
BE: John Ross (14.2)

I totally homer-reached for Garoppolo, particularly to where I had Stafford ranked higher but was able to get Stafford three rounds later. In 1 pt per completion, guys like Rodgers Brady Brees are leviathans but they each went a round sooner than was comfortable. So I decided to grab a top three TE and load up on RBs hoping to strike stable gold. I do think Poor Man’s Brady in this setting could be sneaky but he would have been available later on.

I really have no middle ground between WR1 and WR3. I can only hope that Garçon and Cole out-produce their ADP during byes/injuries.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

i got a "here's a trade that happened in your league" email and apparently in one of my money leagues someone is trading Bell for Kamara straight up

that is a fascinating deal that could blow up for either person, so I guess it's fair?

It would be hard for a trade to be less fair.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Who do I drop in PPR between Kenny Stills, Jamison Crowder, Michael Crabtree, Tyler Lockett, Jeremy Hill for

Theo Riddick and a DST.

I'm thinking Lockett and Hill?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/388323197445107713

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No, don't.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

2013 was a rough year.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Who do I drop in PPR between Kenny Stills, Jamison Crowder, Michael Crabtree, Tyler Lockett, Jeremy Hill for

Theo Riddick and a DST.

I'm thinking Lockett and Hill?

Hill is an easy drop. I like Lockett as WR depth this year with the potential for a mini-breakout, but it looks like you're pretty deep at WR so he's the guy I'd drop of those 4 if you really need Riddick.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hill is an easy drop. I like Lockett as WR depth this year with the potential for a mini-breakout, but it looks like you're pretty deep at WR so he's the guy I'd drop of those 4 if you really need Riddick.

My RB are Gurley, Duke Johnson, and Chris Thompson so I need somebody for sure.

Also about Hill I went briefly insane and thought he was a good lotto ticket for the Blount role but realized Never Trust Belichick

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 6, 2018

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DC Murderverse posted:

That is an absolutely ludicrous trade, Bell might not come back for half the season. I'd never risk that for Kamara.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shirts and skins posted:

That is an absolutely ludicrous trade, Bell might not come back for half the season. I'd never risk that for Kamara.

The guy trading for Bell is clearly banking on him coming back sooner :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

There's nothing ludicrous about it. Bell could come back today. When is the last time a star player has held out for more than a game? Emmitt Smith 30 years ago? And that was 2 games I think.

Sure there's a risk, but there's a risk with every trade. That's how fantasy works.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

if bell is an extended holdout is he available to stash on IR? i have him in a league with a short bench and things will get weird when alshon has to come off the IR spot

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

if bell is an extended holdout is he available to stash on IR? i have him in a league with a short bench and things will get weird when alshon has to come off the IR spot

Depends on league settings. Can you put "out" players on IR? He won't be officially placed on IR or PUP or anything.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sourdough posted:

Depends on league settings. Can you put "out" players on IR? He won't be officially placed on IR or PUP or anything.

yeah i have alshon there now and he's not IR so if bell gets listed as out on yahoo it should work i guess. thanks

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RCarr posted:

There's nothing ludicrous about it. Bell could come back today. When is the last time a star player has held out for more than a game? Emmitt Smith 30 years ago? And that was 2 games I think.

Sure there's a risk, but there's a risk with every trade. That's how fantasy works.
The last extended holdout I can recall was Vincent Jackson, who skipped 10 games in 2010. There is real risk Bell could do something similar.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tiptoes posted:

The last extended holdout I can recall was Vincent Jackson, who skipped 10 games in 2010. There is real risk Bell could do something similar.

Yeah VJax was the last position player to do it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm happy I traded Bell away :colbert:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm happy I traded Bell away :colbert:

I'm holding onto him in our dynasty league. gently caress it, I'll tank.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Tell me not to be cute and slide in Dallas Goedert as a streamer TE this week.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Vargo posted:

Tell me not to be cute and slide in Dallas Goedert as a streamer TE this week.

Over who?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Evan Engram or ASJ. Left them out because I was trying not to make this too much of a sit/start post.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Vargo posted:

Evan Engram or ASJ. Left them out because I was trying not to make this too much of a sit/start post.

:wtc:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Vargo posted:

Um don't do it

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Thank you. I do this every year, I have perfectly fine options and in the midst of evaluation I get myself hyped on whatever name I see on every SLEEPER HITS FOR THIS WEEK list published by every outlet on the planet and then I tweak to death thinking I can be the oh-so-clever one who spotted a diamond in the rough or some poo poo. Expect more "are you insane" moments from me this year.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
do it

prove that you're strong enough

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Poque posted:

do it

prove that you're strong enough

Looks like I found your Week 1 opponent, Vargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Vargo posted:

Thank you. I do this every year, I have perfectly fine options and in the midst of evaluation I get myself hyped on whatever name I see on every SLEEPER HITS FOR THIS WEEK list published by every outlet on the planet and then I tweak to death thinking I can be the oh-so-clever one who spotted a diamond in the rough or some poo poo. Expect more "are you insane" moments from me this year.

Yeah, you just quietly drop a back end guy for these guys and hope they pan out, then when everyone checks waivers next week, you can act smug cause you have the hot pickup already. You don't roll them out week 1 over established options.