Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Doesn't Goedert play for the Eagles though? Do y'all think that he'll be a viable option with Ertz being a potential Top-5 TE this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No not at all. They will have Ertz, Alshon Jeffrey, Agholor, Mike Wallace, Darren Sproles, and Corey Clement to feed.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pubic works project posted:

Looks like I found your Week 1 opponent, Vargo.

I've missed the playoffs in my main league so many years in a row that I've reduced myself to giving bad fantasy advice on the internet just in case someone here happens to be in that league. :eng99:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pubic works project posted:

Doesn't Goedert play for the Eagles though? Do y'all think that he'll be a viable option with Ertz being a potential Top-5 TE this year?

For some reason every fantasy site does.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!
I’m new to football and fantasy football (seriously don’t know most of the team symbols yet) but a friend said I’d really like pouring over all the stats and stuff so I decided to jump in. Here’s what I drafted based on the Boris Chen tier sheets (using them until I understand the game a bit better), I was 5th in a snake draft so I didn’t feel too much pressure and I think I made decent picks at the appropriate times, only started researching this stuff a week ago. My understanding is that it’s a standard draft with pretty much everything set to default per fantasy nfl.

My questions to you guys, is there anything I should be concerned about in my roster? My bench is essentially a back up for each position except defense. What’s the best source for things like injuries and accusations of murder and whatnot? And where do I go if I want to start digging into the numbers and stats?

QB: D. Brees
WR: A. Brown
WR: J. Landry
RB: L. Fournette
RB: M. Mack
flex: C. McCaffrey
TE: G. Olsen
D/ST: Ravens
K: M. Prater

BE: P. Rivers
BE: D. Lewis
BE: C. Kupp
BE: A. Robinson
BE: J. Doyle
BE: M. Crosby

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kamakaze9 posted:

I’m new to football and fantasy football (seriously don’t know most of the team symbols yet) but a friend said I’d really like pouring over all the stats and stuff so I decided to jump in. Here’s what I drafted based on the Boris Chen tier sheets (using them until I understand the game a bit better), I was 5th in a snake draft so I didn’t feel too much pressure and I think I made decent picks at the appropriate times, only started researching this stuff a week ago. My understanding is that it’s a standard draft with pretty much everything set to default per fantasy nfl.

My questions to you guys, is there anything I should be concerned about in my roster? My bench is essentially a back up for each position except defense. What’s the best source for things like injuries and accusations of murder and whatnot? And where do I go if I want to start digging into the numbers and stats?

Immediately drop a kicker for a running back. You can pick up a replacement for the one you keep when he goes on bye and not notice a difference.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

:wtc: I havent seen anyone say this

Dont start Goedert.

Dont roster Goedert.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Those fantasy articles talking about sleepers are supposed to be for if your other option is some bum WR4 who you can’t even be sure will get 3 points. Never ever play a sleeper pick like that over ANY established option.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

:wtc: I havent seen anyone say this

Dont start Goedert.

Dont roster Goedert.

Yeah, like he had a good preseason, and it's possible the dude picks up some work, especially with Alshon out, but unless it's a super deep TE heavy league or Dynasty, this isn't the guy you're looking for. And even in a Fishbowl type league or Dynasty, I'm not rolling out the rookie TE2 on the Eagles this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Those fantasy articles talking about sleepers are supposed to be for if your other option is some bum WR4 who you can’t even be sure will get 3 points. Never ever play a sleeper pick like that over ANY established option.

I genuinely wonder what leagues some of those articles are meant for.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah I almost snagged him in our dynasty league last night, but then saw he's an Eagle so I went with Hurst.

So weird.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Immediately drop a kicker for a running back. You can pick up a replacement for the one you keep when he goes on bye and not notice a difference.

Awesome, thanks!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Streaming defenses is still a viable option, right? It seems to work out well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I usually stream defenses every year and it works out pretty well. You might have to eat a low score every now and then but in the long run it’s fine.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think I picked whoever was playing the Browns one year and it worked out really well.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kamakaze9 posted:

Marlon Mack may not play Week 1, although he is practicing today. To be safe, I would put CMC from flex to RB2 and make Allen Robinson your flex.

Is it a ppr league? If so, .5 or 1ppr (point per reception)?

Download Rotoworld for general player updates. Take their advice with a grain of salt.
Download Sleeper for the fastest breaking news.
Seconding the dropping of a kicker. I’d keep Prater because he’s on a prolific offense and kicks at home in a dome.
You have a well-balanced team.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think I picked whoever was playing the Browns one year and it worked out really well.

This has to be "Whomever is playing the Bills" this year, right?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I drafted Goedert in the 2nd last round of the Goon Fish Bowl and that's exclusively a "maybe Zach Ertz will get hurt" play.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RCarr posted:

It's one of the things that annoy me about current fantasy analysis, actually. Because of the Twitter take-o-sphere causing sleepers to reverberate and get hype among experts, the title of "sleeper" has been pushed into players deeper and deeper and deeper in the player pool until a sleeper people are writing about is Dallas Goedert. That isn't to provide actionable information, it's to impress your other fantasy writer friends.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ben Nevis posted:

When Pedersen was announced starter, BAL became imminently desirable.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!

Suave Fedora posted:

Marlon Mack may not play Week 1, although he is practicing today. To be safe, I would put CMC from flex to RB2 and make Allen Robinson your flex.

Is it a ppr league? If so, .5 or 1ppr (point per reception)?

Download Rotoworld for general player updates. Take their advice with a grain of salt.
Download Sleeper for the fastest breaking news.
Seconding the dropping of a kicker. I’d keep Prater because he’s on a prolific offense and kicks at home in a dome.
You have a well-balanced team.

I made he roster changes, still need to figure out how to drop my extra kicker and get a new rb. I’m not sure what ppr means but I think my friend said that we weren’t doing that.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Do I start Josh Gordon in my flex or slot in some boring PPR-bye-week-fill-in from my bench like Cohen or Riddick, or a grinder like Crowell?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kamakaze9 posted:

I made he roster changes, still need to figure out how to drop my extra kicker and get a new rb. I’m not sure what ppr means but I think my friend said that we weren’t doing that.

Ppr means point per reception people tend to skip over where someone says their scoring.

ShaneB posted:

Do I start Josh Gordon in my flex or slot in some boring PPR-bye-week-fill-in from my bench like Cohen or Riddick, or a grinder like Crowell?
You don't bench a 3rd or 4th rounder week 1.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jacksonville went for $7 in my main league which is ultra-competitive. I got the Cards for $1 and I think they will be sneaky good.

Our defensive scoring was also changed and I think it rules and I'm excited for it.
1 pt for sacks
4 pts for TDs
3 pts for blocked kicks
3 points for interceptions
2.5 points for a forced fumble
1 point for a recovered fumble
4 points for a safety
0.5 points for a stuff

Yards: 9 + (YA * -0.03)

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
I really like the idea of picking up Jaylen Samuels as a sneaky RB/TE play. Would you drop anyone from either of these teams for him? 0.5ppr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ppr means point per reception people tend to skip over where someone says their scoring.

You don't bench a 3rd or 4th rounder week 1.

5th :getin:

But I'm also inclined to believe he's on a snap count.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Gordon is not someone that I feel comfortable starting this week.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

How fair is offering Rex Burkhead for Kirk Cousins in a dynasty league where the guy is a Pats homer and hosed at running back?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Sataere posted:

How fair is offering Rex Burkhead for Kirk Cousins in a dynasty league where the guy is a Pats homer and hosed at running back?

Seems fair unless it's a 2 QB league. QBs aren't worth too much in a 12 team 1 QB league.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ben Nevis posted:

Whomever plays the Bills is first choice, aiming for the Jet's opponents 2nd is my current strategy.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Spoeank posted:

It's one of the things that annoy me about current fantasy analysis, actually. Because of the Twitter take-o-sphere causing sleepers to reverberate and get hype among experts, the title of "sleeper" has been pushed into players deeper and deeper and deeper in the player pool until a sleeper people are writing about is Dallas Goedert. That isn't to provide actionable information, it's to impress your other fantasy writer friends.

I'm going to go ahead and keep referring to this post as a reminder for the rest of the year.

I have a garbage bench slot that I want to use as an old-guy stash. Is Frank Gore or Chris Ivory a better play here? I think Gore's going to be more productive and steal more TDs and is better in general, but I'm leaning towards Ivory because there's no way Shady stays healthy all year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Butter Hole posted:

Seems fair unless it's a 2 QB league. QBs aren't worth too much in a 12 team 1 QB league.

That's what I thought. I'm actually the one trying to get Cousins. There's salary cap stuff that makes Cousins more valuable to me, but Burkhead is my fifth running back and was auto drafted because I arrived late this year. I like Cousins as a hedge to my Luck.

Part of me wants to make a dumber offer to him. Fucker offered me Stills, Cousins and J. Allen for my Kamara.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah when a coach says that a rookie TE needs to produce they mean pick up 250 yards, 2 TD's, and some crucial third downs this year.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

And then it results in someone in my dynasty (no special te bonus) league trading goedert for Jesse James, Oren Burks, 4th+5th round draft picks next year, and $50 in bb cash

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hmm I just traded Dion Lewis + Marvin Jones Jr to a team hard up for RBs and got Michael Thomas in 1ppr. I defintiely (and objectively correctively imo) value quality over quantity in terms of players so the only drawback is I think Dion Lewis could be a monster this year and probably the guy taking the deal thinks so too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

hmm I just traded Dion Lewis + Marvin Jones Jr to a team hard up for RBs and got Michael Thomas in 1ppr. I defintiely (and objectively correctively imo) value quality over quantity in terms of players so the only drawback is I think Dion Lewis could be a monster this year and probably the guy taking the deal thinks so too.

god drat

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fast Luck posted:

Well done, sir.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

WaveLength posted:

I really like the idea of picking up Jaylen Samuels as a sneaky RB/TE play. Would you drop anyone from either of these teams for him? 0.5ppr

No and even considering this is insane.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Who's better in a 0.5 PPR, Fournette or Hunt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Who's better in a 0.5 PPR, Fournette or Hunt?

I think they are equal.