Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Whirling blades or leap slam would both work if they work with your weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify is my go-to movement skill

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

A quartz flask could also do the trick if all you want is phasing. I've had similar problems with Whirling Blades trying to get through some of the tighter corridors during Delves. It hasn't killed me yet so I haven't actually solved it, yet, but I've thought about it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

same way alk died

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Ancestral Call is a support gem. Attack skills that are linked to Ancestral Call will attack two nearby enemies at the same time, automatically selecting valid targets within range for the attacks.
"equipping ancestral call surely won't help me much. after all, molten strike already explodes everything on a single hit, having a bigger cleave isn't going to help too much" *equips ancestral call in place of damage on full life to test it anyway*

:stonklol:

That's a very weird definition of "in range", I figured that'd mean in weapon range, but no. Molten strike lights up the whole screen now lmao. I've gone from fairly easily keeping up with the mine crawler to setting the pace lol

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Truga posted:

"equipping ancestral call surely won't help me much. after all, molten strike already explodes everything on a single hit, having a bigger cleave isn't going to help too much" *equips ancestral call in place of damage on full life to test it anyway*

That's a very weird definition of "in range", I figured that'd mean in weapon range, but no. Molten strike lights up the whole screen now lmao. I've gone from fairly easily keeping up with the mine crawler to setting the pace lol

If you’re killing a boss or other single target try standing just outside melee range but inside ancestral range. You get double buddies instead of your single melee

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Devor posted:

If you’re killing a boss or other single target try standing just outside melee range but inside ancestral range. You get double buddies instead of your single melee

This still counts as a "hit," right?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Devor posted:

Yeah, I immediately tried that too. Also, makes a few bosses easier to deal with since they use a different set of skills when you're not sitting directly on top of them.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Truga posted:

How many projectiles are you doing? 7, 11, or 16?

Also, a handy thing I read was to bind "attack without moving" to numlock+5 so it makes it toggleable, so you don't have to hold it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Truga posted:

Yeah, I immediately tried that too. Also, makes a few bosses easier to deal with since they use a different set of skills when you're not sitting directly on top of them.
So basically worthless on izaro then

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also my reave build is getting a little boring and is also has "leaguestart" in the name so I have to abandon it, someone suggest me a weird concept to build around

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I just use the shift+click to attack. Also, only 5 projectiles rn, still need a few more levels to reach the last jewel slot. I'm only starting out mapping.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Control Volume posted:

Also my reave build is getting a little boring and is also has "leaguestart" in the name so I have to abandon it, someone suggest me a weird concept to build around

Chieftain detonate dead totems.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I've done chieftain volatile dead totems which was very fun and was pretty good before the chieftain buffs

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

does this not do exactly what you guys are talking about

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm really liking my CA Occultist. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody but it's perfect for me.

I've run 30 maps this entire league and I am almost level 90.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Control Volume posted:

So basically worthless on izaro then

I just recorded a shadowplay video of me absolutely destroying him on my lvl 58 cruel lab run.

I hosed the recording up though with the wrong audio settings.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I'm really liking my CA Occultist. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody but it's perfect for me.

I've run 30 maps this entire league and I am almost level 90.

Where are you getting your sulphite? Quarry?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm amused by the people on the official forums who are convinced that autopickup of azurite is destroying the game

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I just hope they change the sulphite mechanic to something more sane.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

I just recorded a shadowplay video of me absolutely destroying him on my lvl 58 cruel lab run.

I hosed the recording up though with the wrong audio settings.

Its more talking about uber lab where he will sometimes just one-shot you with special attacks that he only throws out at range.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Xeras posted:

Chieftain detonate dead totems.

Ah, a totem gimmick. I will use totems at long last

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Wonder Weapon posted:

does this not do exactly what you guys are talking about

Do this for all your skills

ESPECIALLY your movement skills

It's a gamechanger

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Rynoto posted:

I just hope they change the sulphite mechanic to something more sane.

They should just scale it to max cart size with a small % bonus for higher tier maps or something. Lets people progress down at a consistent rate but go lateral in earlier levels easily instead of having to run around in the dark hunting for fossils until they run out of flares and die.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Control Volume posted:

Its more talking about uber lab where he will sometimes just one-shot you with special attacks that he only throws out at range.

Ah, I haven't ever gotten that far.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I'm playing basically the same build as you and I've also found it much slower to get off the ground than some of the other builds I've played. Normally I hit maps, fix my resists with a few 1c items, and then cruise up through tier 5 or 6 before I start feeling like I need to start upgrading. This time I felt slow at like, tier 2. It's getting better, but definitely still feels sluggish. I'm guessing that's largely because ehit scales so hard off gem level, so having a 20 or 21 ehit in a +3 bow is a BIG difference from a level 18 or 19 gem in a +1 bow.

For what it's worth, I managed to pick up a point blank drillneck for 25c today and specced into vaal pact, blood magic, and all the nearby leech nodes. It feels MUCH better.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

pork never goes bad posted:

Where are you getting your sulphite? Quarry?

Yeah, Quarry. It's around 85-100/minute if I'm actually paying attention.

Of course, with a 2500 sulphite tank, it takes the better part of a half hour to fill up.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, Quarry. It's around 85-100/minute if I'm actually paying attention.

Of course, with a 2500 sulphite tank, it takes the better part of a half hour to fill up.

Quarry? Is this something that I will run into later (I'm just starting this league as I was on vacation)?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its one of the last act 9 zones. it always spawns with some sulphite near to the waypoint

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Awesome! posted:

its one of the last act 9 zones. it always spawns with some sulphite near to the waypoint

Cool thanks! I think I'm just at the end of Act 3, so have a bit to go yet.

The amount of Azurite needed to upgrade my Sulphur tank in order to be able to get more Azurite is stupid... I can maybe get one upgrade per tank, but only if I upgrade nothing else at all.

Is there any sort of 'best path' for the upgrades?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm struggling with that too. I assume post leveling it'll start to make a bit more sense, with balancing spending on resistance/radius and sulphite based on whether you're going down or sideways. Idk. I want my sulphite capacity up because I want to run like ten zones before loading back into delve, but I'm also trying to keep up with Niko ugh.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Sulphite capacity is one of the most QOL things you can upgrade, so arguably, is one of the least important. (In that you can go much deeper without upgrading it than you can several other azurite sinks.)

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Darkness resistance and light radius both have caps based on current delve level. At a certain point, upgrading those won't do anything until you go deeper

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The most important things are Darkness Resistance (75%) and Light Radius (150%). The two of those make delves so, so much better. At those levels, you can run around in the darkness a fair amount before taking damage, the cart lights up a huge amount, and the cable that runs after you complete the area illuminates the entire hallway it's in.

Flare Radius is also important, but not as much after the patch. Keep it in the positives.

The rest is largely QoL / preference. Use a lot of flares? upgrade them. Dynamite? post patch it's not important at all, but maybe if you have some spare.

Capacity goes in increments of 150 until you hit 1250, then it's 2500 and 5000.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Delving with -50% light radius sucks rear end. You have to stand perfectly on the little light dots on the tether to not be in the darkness.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VastXQ_hPb0

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Zmej posted:

I've done chieftain volatile dead totems which was very fun and was pretty good before the chieftain buffs

I have wanted to play Volatile Dead so badly but have a strange refusal to use Poet's Pens. The only build I could find for VD totems on poeninja is this and it actually looks pretty great. Anyone with actual knowledge of this type of build have any suggestions before I hop into this?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Now you can reroll to ssfhc where all your competition went.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Ran into my first Abyssal City, and jeez those place give loot. Fortunately have run to the door bug (stairs don't open up on Abyssal / Vaal city nodes if one should be there) more than once. My delve depth is lagging behind my mapping (which was incidentally stuck for a while in tier 5s, then suddenly dam burst and got a ton of maps on higher tiers) a bit, but the sheer volume of stuff you get from the depths really is pleasing.

Got my Soul Mantle 6-linked with something like ~120 fusings used so just throwing a shitton of Arc totems around at the moment, curses kept in control with Warding flask. SSF, and picked up Poet's Pen and Inpulsa's with decent rolls, so there's some food for thought for any second character (or might test out Inpulsa's over Mantle with the Arc totem Hierophant), once I bother to farm up the leveling shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I made my first ES character meaning to go Caustic Arrow but I'm having so much fun with toxic rain I think I am going to stick with that.

There's no guide for it so I'm kind of winging it based on things I see on poe.ninja builds. Hopefully end up with something like this for the build: https://www.poeurl.com/b4yu

It's been real fun so far