Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

thats not how science works

thats not how any of this works

"MY heart and best intentions say that's still true, but the facts and the evidence say it is not" - patron saint of conservatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

d...d...daisy?

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1037753495380795393

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Duscat posted:

lol imagine just driving through town and stopping for lunch and then this starts

although there's probably enough trucks with confederate flags on them parked outside this place that i would have driven on

also which hate groups' flags are these

Isn't the left flag the Tennessee or Memphis flag? I remember it making me think of soccer.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lmao

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Schnorkles posted:

lmao bitcoin

its spelled buttcoin

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Duscat posted:

lol imagine just driving through town and stopping for lunch and then this starts

although there's probably enough trucks with confederate flags on them parked outside this place that i would have driven on

the black one is the POW-MIA flag, which was an initiative started by Nixon to distract from watergate

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Robert Plant posted:

It sure is something that the Philadelphia Eagles' improbable ascension to Super Bowl champions should finally arrive during the simultaneous death rattles of both the NFL and America itself

my father's a massive chud, and lifelong Eagles fan, and "had" to give up one of his true loves, football

it owns

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

https://twitter.com/griffinshuth24/status/1037763141277429760

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

bullet caliber of the oppressor page number

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

stop it teeds yer killen me

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i love that i completely forgot tennessee's flag but i'm able to recognize it blurry and out of focus in an are troops diner

it's a good flag, one of the few good state flags

you cucks i've identified the flags already

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
thanks to all the flag recognizers itt

i'm a little disappointed but also a little relieved

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Duscat posted:

Sometimes you drive through an area and all the vehicles are flying the rebel flag.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

juche avocado posted:

that's the pow*mia flag which, you know, not a hate group, but their symbology deffo gets appropriated, lol

It's not a hate group per se, but POW/MIA activism in this country is and always has been the stalking ground of deeply insane people, some of them broken by the trauma of unresolvable loss, others because they're considerably less likeable versions of Dale Gribble. Oh, and con men. Lots of con men.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

baw posted:

the black one is the POW-MIA flag, which was an initiative started by Nixon to distract from watergate

lol, TIL

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
women TBD

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

he's illiterate

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1037784132384972801

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Even if you facetiously assign troop/flag hate to someone else's protest like...the freedom to say gently caress this country it's flag and it's troops and not go to jail or whatever is one of the best ideas and principles that exists in America.

Not understanding that and being a big butthurt baby everytime someone does a freedom that confuses you instead of taking the opportunity to be a cool rear end "I hate what you say, but I'll die to defend your right to say it" guy is the single most un-American thing any American could do.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

hideous child of martin brodeur and louis ck

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

baw posted:

which was an initiative started by Nixon to distract from watergate

lmao what an rear end in a top hat

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tacodaemon posted:

the fact that nowadays there are 45-year-old women who have never lived in a US with outlawed abortion means that this is going to have some interesting repercussions

This is literally the GOP going all-in since they know this will probably be the last chance they can

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's not a hate group per se, but POW/MIA activism in this country is and always has been the stalking ground of deeply insane people, some of them broken by the trauma of unresolvable loss, others because they're considerably less likeable versions of Dale Gribble. Oh, and con men. Lots of con men.

:yeah:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

love to live in a real life dystopia

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

baw posted:

Enh, only sorta. The National League, which commissioned the flag design off Newt Heisley, arose independently during the Johnson administration, though Nixon did his level best to fold it into his pro-war agenda (with considerable success).

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

What is this from

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Even if you facetiously assign troop/flag hate to someone else's protest like...the freedom to say gently caress this country it's flag and it's troops and not go to jail or whatever is one of the best ideas and principles that exists in America.

Not understanding that and being a big butthurt baby everytime someone does a freedom that confuses you instead of taking the opportunity to be a cool rear end "I hate what you say, but I'll die to defend your right to say it" guy is the single most un-American thing any American could do.

fascism comes to america cloaked in the flag and wielding the cross

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

fascism comes to america cloaked in the flag and wielding the cross

:hai:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"I'm not going to answer hypotheticals about applying US v Nixon"

"but that's the holding [you loving idiot]"

"well uh er buhhhhhh US v Nixon is great!!!"

Kavanaugh is pretty loving stupid in addition to being a lovely partisan hack

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Duscat posted:

I wonder if you can hear the flag song in the bathroom at Mission BBQ?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

of course late stage capitalism would come up with the concept of judas employees

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Robert Plant posted:

It sure is something that the Philadelphia Eagles' improbable ascension to Super Bowl champions should finally arrive during the simultaneous death rattles of both the NFL and America itself

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

POW/MIA is based off a racist myth that the crafty Vietnamese who can only cheat at war actually have thousands of still living vets squirreled away, instead of skeletons in punji pits. Basically, Rambo 2.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

hahahah remember when nixon invented that poo poo out of whole cloth to make people think that a bunch of dead people were actually prisoners and to give him political leverage

hahahah

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/snolen/status/1037783461816422400?s=21
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1037782685748551680?s=21

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

president deals strikes again

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1037773501330059264

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I got into this with some Facebook Moms last year

nobody ever had an answer for "if a few black men kneel for 90 seconds at the side of an empty football field where nothing is happening besides other people standing still, how does that harm you personally, anyone you know, or anyone anywhere at all?"

the lesson I took from this is "never engage with anyone on FB"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

zegermans posted:

hideous child of martin brodeur and louis ck

He does look like he would JO in front of his sister-in-law