Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Yeah if it means we get the trilogy on steam gacha away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

My monkey paw must be broken cause every time I wish for valkyrie profile on it tri-ace makes a new star ocean

Hell at this point I'll take VP2 HD remaster

How about a mobile gacha game?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Relax Or DIE posted:

Yeah if it means we get the trilogy on steam gacha away
A Koudelka remaster that fixed up some of the combat would also be amazing, but pigs will fly first before any of the series gets rereleased.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

How about a mobile gacha game?

There is one but it's Japan only

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope Shenmue 3 turns out to be good....

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GokuBroly confirmed for Smash?

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1037450280537735169

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Put more Xenoblades in smash.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Oh man I am so desperate for a Shadow Hearts series remaster, I’d actually pay $60 for each one. Especially Covenant (and especially if they added in the Japanese-only Director’s Cut stuff)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

:stare:

quote:

RUSSIAN police are investigating claims a boy beheaded himself with a chainsaw after losing at a computer game.

According to reports Pavel Mateev, 15, went into his yard yesterday morning before he “switched on a chainsaw and sawed off his own head.”

Russian media cited local sources saying that he was addicted to a computer game that his single mother had bought for him.

State owned Russian television channel NTV reported: “A teenager from Tomsk region committed suicide after he lost a computer game.”

It is unclear what computer game he was playing, but a female source said Pavel spent hours at his computer and that his “nerves gave in after a game”.

The local office of the Russian Investigative Committee gave no further details on Pavel’s case except to confirm a criminal case had been opened into incitement to suicide.

Paveel Mateev, 15, allegedly went into his backyard this morning and sawed off his own head after losing an online game

A female source said Pavel's 'nerves gave in after a game'

Russia has seen several so-called ‘death groups’ allegedly incite children and teenagers to take their own lives whilst playing online games.

It is unclear whether the alleged suicide of Pavel has any links to this phenomenon.

Some of the groups feature a game called Blue Whale in which victims are ‘brainwashed’ by sick online mentors to complete 50 steps involving exhaustion and self-harm, ending in suicide.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well that's certainly a thing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was it suicide though? Cause that comes off sounding a bit "Committed suicide by shooting himself in the head 20 times"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Infinitum posted:

Was it suicide though? Cause that comes off sounding a bit "Committed suicide by shooting himself in the head 20 times"

Well it's from The Sun so the chances of it being entirely truthful aren't that great. Just thought I'd share to perk up your day!

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Been playing Tales of Berseria, and holy poo poo the main antagonist of the game is such a hateable villain. Its no wonder the main character is a bit hosed in the head because of the stuff the bad guy did during the prologue. I just wish I could beat the everloving poo poo out of him sooner, instead of after like 40+ hours of gameplay because JRPGs.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
There's got to be a movie about Blue Whale in the works, right? It's perfect for a post-Slender Man world. Pretty much just mix Truth or Dare and Unfriended.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Been playing Tales of Berseria, and holy poo poo the main antagonist of the game is such a hateable villain. Its no wonder the main character is a bit hosed in the head because of the stuff the bad guy did during the prologue. I just wish I could beat the everloving poo poo out of him sooner, instead of after like 40+ hours of gameplay because JRPGs.

Tales games tend to be pretty good at making you dislike their villains, even if almost all of them are just "X former good guy who, after a personal tragedy, now has a god complex and wants to remake/destroy the world".

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who was it that was talking about what MMO was dying next?

Wildstar.
Wildstar is dying next

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Wildstar.
Wildstar is dying next

Wildstar was still alive?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wildstar was the mmo that put all its eggs in the "the original release of world of warcraft sans any of the quality of life improvements it's made over its 15 year lifetime was the best version of world of warcraft" basket, right?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

Wildstar.
Wildstar is dying next

I said I was surprised they were still going. Lol.

City of Heroes comeback please god

Cowcaster posted:

wildstar was the mmo that put all its eggs in the "the original release of world of warcraft sans any of the quality of life improvements it's made over its 15 year lifetime was the best version of world of warcraft" basket, right?

And a weird kind of machismo, "Cupcake!"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Debating whether I want to start DQ11 or play more destiny 2 today

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

It is very much a WoW ripoff that pandered to the 'Vanilla WoW is Best WoW' crowd.
Like you look at any of the gameplay footage, particularly the UI and the graphics for items in bags. and it literally looks like WoW.

Couple of Blizzard devs cycled back and forth between the companies.

But hey, Blizzard got the Vanilla fans covered soon at least
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcZyiYOzsSw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

It's hard to fault them given the tremendous success of Lawbreakers as an old-school team arena shooter.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This is still the only thing I know about Wildstar

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wildstar had some really interesting ideas that unfortunately got buried under the annoying HARDCORE!!!! attitude and the lovely intentional grindy bullshit. It had a fairly open way of building your character that resembled Guild Wars 1 or The Secret World. Each class was pretty unique and they smartly decided not to have any pure DPS classes--every single class had a DPS spec and either a healer or tank spec.

They also had this system where you could choose sort of a "focus" for each character that would give you special objectives for bonus experience, like Explorers getting bonuses for finding hidden stuff, Scholars getting bonuses for finding lore items, or Soldiers getting special combat missions for bonus EXP.

Oh, and it tried pretty hard on the player housing front, which I generally appreciate.

The thing is, every thing that sounds good was ultimately half-baked, and any promise the game had was buried under an insistence on 40-player raids with long, grindy attunement quest chains, endless rep grinds, and multiple layers of RNG. It was a super bad game that could have been at least kind of fun if it weren't for that "I miss old MMOs where you had to grind for hours and raids took literal months before anyone cleared them for the first time" throughline just dragging the whole thing into the muck.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how do you make a game called Wildstar and not have it set in the wild west

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

how do you make a game called Wildstar and not have it set in the wild west

It was supposed to have a space wild west thing going on

It didn't

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

It's hard to fault them given the tremendous success of Lawbreakers as an old-school team arena shooter.

:wow:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I still watch this every so often for the entertainment value

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the frustrating thing about shadow hearts is that a company definitely has midway's game rights and has re-licensed various properties, but they just won't with shadow hearts for some reason

the closest we were going to get was a port of the not-very-good kouldeka to steam that never happened because I think the company that was gonna do it went out of business

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy poo poo I've never seen this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh CliffyB, you wish you had the pedigree of even John Romero.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

Wildstar.
Wildstar is dying next

So, am I blind or is there no set date for the actual game's being shut down?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've determined that wily tower is the best classic mega man game

it's a shame that it's locked behind completing 1-3 and it's in a genesis game that most people will never play, cause it genuinely has some of the most inventive level and boss design in the series

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Verranicus posted:

I don't think there is one yet, no. Sounds like they're just announcing the game is shutting down Soon but they haven't made actual plans for how that'll be handled yet.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Verranicus posted:

They're still determining the team to "wind down" the game, so I guess layoffs in the immediate future arent even finalized.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

the frustrating thing about shadow hearts is that a company definitely has midway's game rights and has re-licensed various properties, but they just won't with shadow hearts for some reason

the closest we were going to get was a port of the not-very-good kouldeka to steam that never happened because I think the company that was gonna do it went out of business

Midway only published a couple of the games in the west, they kinda have nothing to do with it.

The company that owns it is just now a vague entertainment company that doesn't reallly make games anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Entertainment_Corporation

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
koudelka wasn't even going to be a port, it was console classics that was gonna release it and they literally just packed games in ps1 emulators lol

for some reason they also put mobile light force on steam, which. i don't know why they did that considering that game, is just a completely lovely, butchered version of gunbird

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They just flat out disappeared after tweeting "thanks for the response so far, we're gonna put a lot more games out!" which makes me wonder if they even had the rights to the games they ported, they felt like a total sham company

they for sure violated the license of the emulator they used

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

which makes me wonder if they even had the rights to the games they ported

Probably not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Harrow posted:

I don't think there is one yet, no. Sounds like they're just announcing the game is shutting down Soon but they haven't made actual plans for how that'll be handled yet.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

They're still determining the team to "wind down" the game, so I guess layoffs in the immediate future arent even finalized.

Excellent, thanks. I have the game installed and wanted to do some recordings for posterity before the servers went down.

• Locked thread