Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The page you linked says Verses of Victory gives STR and also more haste than McVaxius' so probably just use that (?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah but I have a fancy brass instrument from Vox for that song.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
At 52 with that horn assuming all the wiki info is correct:
MBC vs. VoV
Haste: just over 29% vs 30%
Str: 25-26 vs 30
AC: 10-11 vs 15 (not including AC from the 30 points of AGI)

That's not including level one STR song - I don't play enough bard to know stacking offhand, but VoV is clearly the winner at your level.

At 57 or so, MBC would be edging it out slightly for haste, but you get the final brass haste song then anyway, which has a DS and other stuff despite being down a % or so on haste from MBC at that level.

Solution: get epic so VoV gets the mod and sing it while you wait for epic proc.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Has anyone ever heard rumors about ways to manipulate the /rand command on P99? I haven't played in years but I have this memory stuck in my mind of my brief time in a top raiding guild and how out of 80+ people rolling, one of the guild leaders rolled a perfect 100 for one of the most valuable items in the game and I just remember it coming across as super suspicious.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

It was client sided until 2002/2003. Titanium is from 2006 so rand is server side. Not classic!

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I figure it's not perfectly random server-side though, meaning it might be possible to determine when to send the /rand command to get a certain outcome

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Wait so you saw someone out of a group of 80+ people roll a 100 once and you think he was roll hacking and had some way to track what seed the client was using for a random to 100?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Obviously it's not a problem that someone got a 100, it's just really odd it was the raid leader and one of the three guild leaders and it happened on probably the most valuable thing to drop in months. I don't even remember what it was. I'm probably just being dumb, that dude was a dick so I'm probably just trying to find a reason to dislike him more. Why do I care about an internet nerd from years ago. I don't know. I guess it's just what I think about every time I see P99 because dumb raid drama is why I left.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

hayden. posted:

Obviously it's not a problem that someone got a 100, it's just really odd it was the raid leader and one of the three guild leaders and it happened on probably the most valuable thing to drop in months. I don't even remember what it was. I'm probably just being dumb, that dude was a dick so I'm probably just trying to find a reason to dislike him more. Why do I care about an internet nerd from years ago. I don't know. I guess it's just what I think about every time I see P99 because dumb raid drama is why I left.

True story: I saw a TStaff drop and immediately during rolls someone rolls 100. Goons can chastise me for being anecdotal and :tinfoil:, but for a game as ancient and poorly coded as EQ that is played mostly by nostalgic computer nerds I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to learn that there was a way to manipulate the roll outcome somehow.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Just want to say thanks to ever suggested porting from OT. Holy poo poo. I never really tried to port before this because you would get like 5-10pp. Its been great in OT though.

Edit: Got so greedy from porting that I joined Dial a Port for more money. I am fully addicted now. I need to get to 39 for the EJ port though. That seems like the real money maker.

Edit 2: Anyone selling GEBs?

insider fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 2, 2018

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
e: Wrong thread

deadly potato
Jun 17, 2005
Started this up again for the double exp weekend. Haven't played in a while. Starting from scratch with my Iksar monk Monksaur. Chillin in FoB and looking for a guild invite....and maybe some help.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

hayden. posted:

because dumb raid drama is why I left.

more like dumb brain drama

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
If I made a fresh Ranger, just how bad of a time would I have on Blue? I played P99 three or four years ago and had a great time on a Shadowknight but quit due to no one being in EC to group up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

please knock Mom! posted:

more like dumb brain drama

more like dumb brain trauma!

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

insider posted:

Just want to say thanks to ever suggested porting from OT. Holy poo poo. I never really tried to port before this because you would get like 5-10pp. Its been great in OT though.

Edit: Got so greedy from porting that I joined Dial a Port for more money. I am fully addicted now. I need to get to 39 for the EJ port though. That seems like the real money maker.

Edit 2: Anyone selling GEBs?
When I was raiding seriously with a top tier guild my normal top was 100p. Emergency drop everything port was anywhere from 250-500p. Not sure how much Velious shifted that for other ports needed...but raid guild people racing for mobs is a big deal.

OT hammer makes it especially important for all raid guilds as an assembly point. Melees will have a common area to get to in unless they're using potion ports.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
We rolled through the Kaesora library again tonight and actually fought our way back to the exit at the end. I only died twice! :toot:

Dungeons off of the golden path are fun times. Maybe ToFS or Droga next?

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Tofs is probably the worst dungeon to do for its level range. But don't take my word for it and make sure to stream if you do go. I could use a good laugh. Droga is good for the faction it raises. It's also quite a bit easier than the tower

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Tofs is supposed to be awesome though.

What level should a group be who wants to get xp there?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Is TOFS on P99 like it is on Live? Some of the nameds of the higher level floor have an unresistable "whirl till you hurl" spell, and can stun-lock the gently caress out of you. I died there on Live on Phinny in like PoP gear or something. I had to end up charm killing to continue to be able to explore it.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

FayGate posted:

Tofs is probably the worst dungeon to do for its level range. But don't take my word for it and make sure to stream if you do go. I could use a good laugh. Droga is good for the faction it raises. It's also quite a bit easier than the tower

It's actually really good exp. No one goes there because getting keys suck but there are two floors beyond the 4th where you can still exp until 60 that no one ever goes to.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I have keyed 3 characters through ToFS. It is amazing. Bring a full group, low to mid 40s. Floor three is nice to xp on, four is nice for xp and drops.

It embodies EQ. It makes you rely on others and will gently caress you over if you slip up. The keys are not soulbound. The traps are unavoidable and irresistable. Mobs are tough. The setting is unique and weird.

Sadly the quests for it were never fully implemented. You were supposed to be able to upgrade the weapons and armor from it in several steps.

Also: vampire enchanter necromancers.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Meatgrinder posted:

Sadly the quests for it were never fully implemented.

This part, especially, really exemplifies EQ. Tons of ideas that were partially-implemented and then unceremoniously abandoned, left in-game rather than cut like some kind of failed-concept graveyard.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 4, 2018

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Awesome. I'm excited for it now.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Meatgrinder posted:

I have keyed 3 characters through ToFS. It is amazing. Bring a full group, low to mid 40s. Floor three is nice to xp on, four is nice for xp and drops.

It embodies EQ. It makes you rely on others and will gently caress you over if you slip up. The keys are not soulbound. The traps are unavoidable and irresistable. Mobs are tough. The setting is unique and weird.

Sadly the quests for it were never fully implemented. You were supposed to be able to upgrade the weapons and armor from it in several steps.

Also: vampire enchanter necromancers.

:cop: The keys are mistakenly soul bond on the server

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's actually really good exp. No one goes there because getting keys suck but there are two floors beyond the 4th where you can still exp until 60 that no one ever goes to.
I haven't ventured inside on P99 but wasn't the second floor a death trap for a lot of groups on Live? I remember having way more trouble with 2nd floor than 3rd.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Second floor is a den of undead casters, enchanters and necromancers, who are not terribly high level but can be hard to split and pull to the entrance. The keymob is a SK so if you've just had a particularly rough encounter and he pops, having a higher level named drop on your head and open with a HT can be a death warrant.

I've seen mid 40s necromancers die there because their pet gets charmed and they get eaten up. It's not uncommon to start clearing this floor and venture into an aisle and find A Ghostly Student idling there with Kebaber the necro pet from a former adventurer who ran into a bad pull.

Third floor is all melee except I think one named, and though it's higher level than the second floor the mobs are pretty much spread out and if all goes well you don't have to deal with more than 2s or 3s. This makes it easier for some groups to cope with than the second floor.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Anyone still on red?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

lemonslol posted:

Anyone still on red?

wtf lemons

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lemons lives!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Do you play?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

lemonslol posted:

Anyone still on red?

Nevermind I got killed in Karnors and I know I'll never get back to my corpse.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Anyone have Dragon Scales (Azdalin) for the wurmslayer quest? Also looking for a songbird statuette from plane of sky island 2 boss.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lemonslol posted:

Do you play?

i got to 9 but nobody levels in the old stomping grounds. i was gonna do ec > north ro > oasis. and ks played way too much so he outleveled me super fast. my guy's in north ro.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

:cop: The keys are mistakenly soul bond on the server

Oh man you should not have said that. Now I gotta research it that's classic and get that poo poo nerfed if it is.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

FayGate posted:

Oh man you should not have said that. Now I gotta research it that's classic and get that poo poo nerfed if it is.

gently caress off nerd

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NARC.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

i got to 9 but nobody levels in the old stomping grounds. i was gonna do ec > north ro > oasis. and ks played way too much so he outleveled me super fast. my guy's in north ro.

I'll play with you. I don't mind doing that route.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
someone fill me in on the drama thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
New Discord channel: https://discord.gg/4yycvzh