Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if i were a tech billionaire i would dress like a james bond villain and my employees would all have to wear silver jumpsuits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
open nude office plan

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

open nude office plan

I would work an extra free hour if I didn’t have to get dressed to go into the office.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

open nude office plan

aka tha ballpit

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Sagebrush posted:

if i were a tech billionaire i would dress like a james bond villain and my employees would all have to wear silver jumpsuits

this made me chuckle

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my office would just be a bunch of sad floppy dongs with that policy

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

meatpotato posted:

aka tha ballpit

hehe

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

i wish to someday be rich enough that i have PR people that spin "lazy as gently caress" into this

I always wear, like, a conference t-shirt and cargo shorts because I’m lazy and I’ll be the first to admit it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
women hate cargo shorts because they are the superior form factor to the purse

i will not be taking questions topic is closed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
women aren't allowed to have pockets since it would distort their lines

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

it's amazing to see that piece of stupid lore passed down through the techlords

i first heard it when i was like 6 years old about albert einstein, who supposedly had all identical brown suits made so that he could just pull out any pants and shirt and jacket and not worry about matching. just absentminded professor things

then i guess steve jobs picked it up a few years later when he went into turtleneck phase, but turned it into a "great men like einstein do this" thing

then the business cargo culters, or maybe just stebe's pr agents, read that extremely pseudosciency paper about "decision fatigue" and made up some poo poo about decision making and optimization (NOT laziness)

then the zucc did it because he's a robot who cares only for efficiency and elizabeth holmes did it to emulate jobs and now it's just a ~tech thing~ to wear the same loving clothes every day

i prefer to think they're emulating mickey rourke in 9 1/2 weeks.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

SILICON BAYOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Did anyone post this in here yet

https://t.co/U9tjmO2SBA

Because I like the sound of techbubb.le 4.51: the lock is invincible to the people who do not have a screwdriver

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
rip alex jones twitter

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cocoa Crispies posted:

the ones on the top floor of the engineering buildings were all real good since it was just offices and no big classrooms

stay out

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

open nude office plan

i visited the luleå office once and we had a coed sauna session after work on friday. as a right self-hating north american it was weird but after some beer i got into it iykwim.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Did anyone post this in here yet

https://t.co/U9tjmO2SBA

Because I like the sound of techbubb.le 4.51: the lock is invincible to the people who do not have a screwdriver

it was in the secfuck thread a few months ago but it's still good.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Shaggar posted:

women aren't allowed to have pockets since it would distort their lines

Which is bullshit. I have this skirt and it has huge pockets that are cut in such a way that they are invisible even when full.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

got eighty billion dollars and can't spend fifty of it getting a gay man to cut it in a way that's hot, just plastered down supercuts once a month

id like to introduce you to mark davis

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sagebrush posted:

why does zucc keep cutting his hair like that anyway

got eighty billion dollars and can't spend fifty of it getting a gay man to cut it in a way that's hot, just plastered down supercuts once a month

i like how they keep attempting to brand their electric motors, like that's a thing anyone anywhere gives a poo poo about

who is the central figure btw? twitter lawyer?

its 100% image management, guaranteed six to seven figures has been spent to determine the exact length and cutting frequency and more on wardrobe etc.

a decade ago it was 20something tech nerd in hoodie now it is thirtysomething dad nerd i am one of you fellow humons toast chomp chomp swallow

look how hard they work to keep him out of a suit unless he’s in court or congress

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
[img-zuck-jumping-2-feet-while-jogging]

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/katienotopoulos/i-wore-a-vest-like-jeff-bezos-for-a-week-to-see-if-id-be

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

JawnV6 posted:

[img-zuck-jumping-2-feet-while-jogging]

[img-zuck-forced-perspective169]

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
i know a restaurateur who grew up and lives in palo alto

she talks so much poo poo about the tech lords

she said stebe liked brown rice sushi and _never_ tipped
also said at least zucc tips but he's real ugly and awkward irl
she specifically mentioned the haircut

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Gynocentric Regime posted:

Which is bullshit. I have this skirt and it has huge pockets that are cut in such a way that they are invisible even when full.

also protruding pockets on slacks are an old school trick for women with tiny hips to fake some curves and the modern anti pockets trend really fucks them over.

I get all my jeans from long tall Sally and they have real pockets tho. skirts and dresses with pockets are ownage.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

meatpotato posted:

i know a restaurateur who grew up and lives in palo alto

she talks so much poo poo about the tech lords

she said stebe liked brown rice sushi and _never_ tipped
also said at least zucc tips but he's real ugly and awkward irl
she specifically mentioned the haircut

I wish Basmati rice sushi were a thing.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol they're goin to jail forever

https://twitter.com/big_cases/status/1037815435004129280

if i'm reading the sentencing guidelines correctly just one of those counts is for over 10 years

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lmao

The Power Vest is a form of male privilege, a hideous fleece totem of the patriarchy’s oppression of non-cis-male people in the workplace. The Patagonia Nano Puff is complicit in the power structure that led to #MeToo.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if i'm reading the sentencing guidelines correctly just one of those counts is for over 10 years

Did you miss the part where she's white and born wealthy? She's not gonna do a day and you drat well know it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Schadenboner posted:

Did you miss the part where she's white and born wealthy? She's not gonna do a day and you drat well know it.

toxx for it then if you're so sure

but you should prolly google the fed prosecution success rate first because they p much only take slam dunks

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Schadenboner posted:

stealing money from other rich white people is like the gravest crime there is in America. you're only supposed to steal from the plebes

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

convicted on all counts, 5 year sentence, commuted to 2 on the condition that she stays out of the medical field for 15 years

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Midjack posted:

i prefer to think they're emulating mickey rourke in 9 1/2 weeks.
i first saw it w/r/t jeff goldblums character (seth brundle) in the fly

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

toxx for it then if you're so sure

but you should prolly google the fed prosecution success rate first because they p much only take slam dunks

also kissinger can't die until he gets "justice"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

muckswirler posted:

convicted on all counts, 5 year sentence, commuted to 2 on the condition that she stays out of the medical field for 15 years

she'd hafta be commuted by the president, there's no early release for federal prison

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

muckswirler posted:

federal system doesn't work like this

martha stewart got prison time for less than $100k of fraud

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cat Face Joe posted:

also kissinger can't die until he gets "justice"

his punishment is that he's been trapped in this body for decades now and will continue to wander the earth in this fashion for all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

youre not, but its ok this is the same mistake journalists make all the time

https://www.popehat.com/2013/02/05/crime-whale-sushi-sentence-eleventy-million-years/