Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ya the party adopted the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definitions of antisemitism against Corbyn's objections.

Hopefully they will start enforcing them and this stuff can be put to rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Did they photoshop his nose?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm glad they stopped Corbyn's dastardly plot to declare Israel racist.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Ya the party adopted the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definitions of antisemitism

Incorrect. The definition was already adopted long ago.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s such a boring story that no wonder people are ignoring it

but I suppose it’s taking the oxygen out of any alternative arguments for post brexit Britain from labour, leaving just the status quo or a tax haven Tory paradise as the only options

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/1037297973993066499

:yikes:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s such a boring story that no wonder people are ignoring it

but I suppose it’s taking the oxygen out of any alternative arguments for post brexit Britain from labour, leaving just the status quo or a tax haven Tory paradise as the only options

I don't think it's that complex. I think it's just a simple. "We must destroy Corbyn at all costs!" Corbyn really represents a threat to their status quo.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

How's Britain guys

Has Corbyn become the new Oliver Cromwell or what

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Nebakenezzer posted:

How's Britain guys
Autumnal.

quote:

Has Corbyn become the new Oliver Cromwell or what
Cromwell officially brought the Jews back so he's kind of the opposite in the current discourse.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I think marginal tories may be feeling a bit desperate. My dad got this fancy leaflet sent out to 'new arrivals', bit weird as my parents have lived there for 26 years, and

not a single mention of the conservative party. No policies, not even using the conservative colour. And it came with a lovely letter inviting us on a tour of parliament so we're obviously gonna take them up on that but they seriously have absolutely nothing to offer any more. The strategy is just spend money and hope the media can take down Corbs.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Remember the good old days when Tess DV was the Brexiteering Bahnríon of Northern Ireland and Stormont existed?

jBrereton has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Sep 5, 2018

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Recently discovered that Villiers is related to the 1st Duke of Buckingham, King James VI & I's favourite and later Lord Admiral under Charles I, who went to Spain to negotiate a marriage between Charles and Infanta Maria and did such a good job that the Spanish Ambassador in London went to court to demand his execution.

So good to see incompetence runs in the family.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

forkboy84 posted:

Recently discovered that Villiers is related to the 1st Duke of Buckingham, King James VI & I's favourite and later Lord Admiral under Charles I, who went to Spain to negotiate a marriage between Charles and Infanta Maria and did such a good job that the Spanish Ambassador in London went to court to demand his execution.

So good to see incompetence runs in the family.

This is the most British thing I've seen today.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Operation Yellowhammer! :black101:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1037661665142206465

Cool. Cool cool cool.

quote:

An old legend links the yellowhammer to the Devil. Its tongue was supposed to bear a drop of his blood, and the intricate pattern on the eggs was said to carry a concealed, possibly evil, message; these satanic associations sometimes led to the persecution of the bird.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oh good making the austerity even worse

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Why not? They know the people it hurts most will lash out at anyone other than those responsible.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I like the sound of Civil Contingencies Secretariat

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

yeah austerity even in rural areas just makes the poor more invisible, also, can’t get to a voting booth if the busses have all been cancelled

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i do wish labour would talk about nationalising buses

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

twoday posted:

I like the sound of Civil Contingencies Secretariat

Formed in 2001 as a response to various panics: foot and mouth, BSE, fuel protests, floods, Y2K. Expanded after 9/11.

Now responsible for managing a disruptive event we voted for.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This man must be stopped. He's going to win!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/thomaswright08/status/1037822557611806721

:wow:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jose posted:

i do wish labour would talk about nationalising buses

The Corbyn roast over the Tory cabinet resignations was amazing.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tony Blair doubts Labour can be 'taken back by moderates'

lmao cry more libs

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Really hope he backs this progressive moderate party. Which will no doubt crash and burn.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Crowsbeak posted:

Really hope he backs this progressive moderate party. Which will no doubt crash and burn.

I think any new party will, but I can see the centrists from each party breaking away to form a temporary no/soft Brexit party alliance thing.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/joanryanEnfield/status/1037827090723340289

:qq:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Whos that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Whos that

https://twitter.com/ArtDesinformat/status/1037817693385240576

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kurtofan posted:

Whos that

poo poo MP who is also chairperson of Labour Friends of Israel. Her local constituency party have passed an (unbinding) no confidence motion in her.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Whos that
an irrelevant if shite backbench MP who for some reason Press TV showed up to crow was going to get deselected

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1037815547113754625

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Misses her sending out mail in the election which said she preferred May to Corbyn but you could vote for her in safety because Corbyn wouldn’t win.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Boric Johnson has a face like the front of a haunted carnival ride

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Once a no-deal brexit causes the UK economy to crash and burn next year, are there any fascists waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces, or is that really more of a continental thing?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Of course there's fascists waiting in the wings. Have you not seen ukip and the Tories in the last few years?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

There's no real fascist street movement but there's a few potential orgs out there which have done some practice runs over Free Tommy to see if they can get the fash together and they basically can with enough cash.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trots Stalinists Communists

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

i think this is like month 7 or 8 of him threatening to make a new centrist party

he tried but it lasted like a day until someone pointed out that one of the founding members was some super rich blair ally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Yinlock posted:

Trots Stalinists Communists

if you get all them working together for once you honestly deserve the nobel peace prize before getting flayed alive in public lol