Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Dupe Blue Megaphone. Oh well, I got some random thing for Larsa I didn't know existed from the daily yesterday so whatevs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Still only got above a 3* once, and that was a 4*.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fister Roboto posted:

The daily draw costs literally nothing except a few seconds of your time, so there's absolutely no good reason not to do it. And having a poor grasp of probabilities is not a good reason :v:

buddy if you only knew the conversations ive had with armitage about probability

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I'll do the daily draw, if only to have a minuscule chance of getting Cecil's first unique relic, the shield with the SB of Draw Fire. Just for SB completion for my favorite character.

I did get Hope's first SB relic today, so hooray RNG!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Realm Draw:

Kimahri USB (dupe) :suicide:
Vincent LMR
Rikku SSB2
Rikku LMR

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Beat my first Mote Dungeon tonight (shameful for how long I've been playing, but I'm not very good at this) in 0:21:07. Progress. :)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
FFIX banners!

Most of it turned out as you may have expected from the characters as they've been in FFRK, but Eiko swerves into Holy Summoning! Poor Steiner doesn't get anything new in the 6* department, and his OSB shows back up. Everything new's on Banner 1.

Banner 1 posted:

Kuja's Millenium Rod [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow magic attacks
Beatrix's Saintbringer [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Holy ranged physical attacks & single-target Holy Overflow ranged physical attack

Kuja's Misty Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark magic attacks, 30s Doom to party, En-Dark, MAG & RES +30% and Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Dark abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark magic attack
Level 1: Single-target Dark Overflow magic attack
Level 2: Single-target Dark Overflow magic attack
Level 3: Single-target Dark Overflow magic attack, 40% Reraise to user

Eiko's Angel Flute [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Holy/Wind summon magic attacks, Summon's Cure & Brave Mode to user
Summon's Cure: After using Summoning abilities, grants h25 heal to party
Condition: Use Summoning abilities
Level 0: Single-target Holy/Wind summon magic attack
Level 1: Single-target Holy/Wind Overflow summon magic attack
Level 2: Single-target Holy/Wind Overflow summon magic attack
Level 3: Single-target Holy/Wind Overflow summon magic attack, Smart Summoning Ether 2 to user

Beatrix's Apocalypse [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy, ATK & DEF +30% and Stock Raid to user
Stock Raid: After using R1~5 Holy abilities, chases with 2~6 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks

Steiner's Stoneblade [OSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Fire/Lightning/Ice Overflow physical attack, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness

Kuja's Chosen of Treno's Hat [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Dark, En-Dark Stack, Last Stand & Instant Magic 1 to user, Instant Cast
Beatrix's Diamond Gloves [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Holy, En-Holy Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Steiner's Gold Shield [Glint, +10 ATK] - 30% Stoneskin & RES +100% to party, Instant Cast
Eiko's Gaia Gear [Glint, +10 MND] - Physical Blink 1 & Haste to party, Instant Cast

Beatrix's Minerva Bustier [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Steiner's Gold Helm [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities
Eiko's Siren's Flute [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Summoning abilities
Kuja's Chosen of Treno [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Vivi's Sage's Robe [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Fire Overflow magic attacks

Zidane's The Tower [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Thief Ability Boost & Thievery to user
Thievery: 8/12/16 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks when status is removed, with 0/5/8 Thief abilities used during it
Quina's Gastro Fork [USB, +10 ATK] - ATK +50%, Protect, Shell & Haste to party
Marcus’s Sword [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/Bio physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Wind, Swift Poison to user
Swift Poison: After using Thief abilities, chases with 4 single-target Wind/Bio/NE physical attacks
Eiko's Lamia's Flute [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Last Stand & Haste to party, Instant Cast

Garnet's Model [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Lightning Limit Chain (150) & 50% Lightning Field, MAG +50% to party

Zidane’s Navy Gilet [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Wind & En-Wind Stack to user
Vivi's Nirvana [Glint, +10 MAG] - En-Fire, En-Fire Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Quina’s Silver Knife [BSB, +10 ATK] - Astra, 2000 HP Stock & Esuna to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, h60 heal to an ally
Defend -> MND +15% & Quick Cast 3 to user

Vivi's Gravity Rod [BSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Fire/Lightning/Ice magic attacks, MAG & RES +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/Lightning/Ice magic attacks
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & DEF -30%

Zidane's Ninja Gear [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Wind abilities
Vivi's Mage's Hat [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Quina’s Cook’s Hat [LMR, +10 ATK] - Quick Cast 3 at the start of battle
Marcus’s Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Thief abilities, 20% chance to inflict minor Imperil Wind

Hogama fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 6, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Finally, a Torment I'm prepared for. Terra USB/Sabin USB/Relm USB/Celes supported by outrealm Gilgamesh CSB just tore through D280 in 25 seconds. God that felt good after all these realms I've been struggling with!

Sadly DWhale will elude me as I have no in-realm buffs and no more USB holders. Closest I have is Locke BSB+LMR.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 6, 2018

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
gimmie dat fucken Zidane Glint

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Oh my god gently caress nu torments so much and gently caress realm synergy in the rear end

(I have three 240's at 95% damage dealt)

Edit:
gently caress you

stab fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 6, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I haven't bothered even attempting any of the new torments bar the first two

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
The nice thing about the d240s and d280s is that you can get away with using an out-of-realm character or two, so you can sub in your best healer or a great support character.

It's trickier for DPS because they won't benefit from realm chain, but I still ended up bringing Vivi to FFXII just because my only competent synergy character is Ashe.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 6, 2018

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
I am finally at the point where I can 220s with a little prep and I managed to beat liquid flame. I can’t sub 30 it and I can only beat it because I because I was lucky enough to pull the 150 water chain and the rest of the upper tier stages grind me into a pulp. I am either missing some key aspect of the current meta or I just don’t have the gear for these challenges. Can anyone offer some advice? Or is the advice “hope to pull what you from the fest later this month”?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Rainbow on daily draw happened, I’m finally a believer. Just Exdeaths unique (grand cross) but still... :allears:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Double Rabite posted:

I am finally at the point where I can 220s with a little prep and I managed to beat liquid flame. I can’t sub 30 it and I can only beat it because I because I was lucky enough to pull the 150 water chain and the rest of the upper tier stages grind me into a pulp. I am either missing some key aspect of the current meta or I just don’t have the gear for these challenges. Can anyone offer some advice? Or is the advice “hope to pull what you from the fest later this month”?

Gear is a big part of it - namely, gear that gives +elemental damage is a huge boost to damage, and SBs that give enelement are a huge boost, too. As far as accessories, gear for elemental resistance first, then status resistance. The exception is Liquid Flame, who you will generally have more luck gearing up with KO Resist to lower Blaze's accuracy.

Another part is making sure you're using 5*/6* abilities for damage; Lifesiphon MIGHT be okay for someone who is just churning an OSB, but past that you need quadstrikes and chain -gas and the four hit sharpshooter abilities and the like to keep competitive with endgame HP/defense. If you're still using single-hit 4* skills or low-potency BSB commands, you're generally not gonna have the output to keep up with Magicite demands.

Finally, Magicite is a thing that gets easier with the more you do it. Use the magicite you get from Liquid Flame to increase your damage against Sealion, and so on around the ring. You'll probably have to grind one before moving onto the next unless your kit for that element is really strong.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 6, 2018

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

fridge corn posted:

I haven't bothered even attempting any of the new torments bar the first two

yeah same, gently caress that poo poo

which also means i'm finding it harder and harder to care to actually start up the game lately

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

I think I just won Happy Gacha/Realms on Parade. :stare:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Prav posted:

which also means i'm finding it harder and harder to care to actually start up the game lately

Well, I'm still working through the 4* magicites so there's that for me at least.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Prav posted:

The lack of urgency on the new torments is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, I like that (unlike magicites) I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not tackling DWhale as soon as it comes out. On the other hand, it means I have 0 motivation to even attempt them and I don't know when that will change. So yeah most days I'm just running the dailies and that's it. I could probably 50% or better some of them, but the amount of real world time and effort I'd spend doesn't seem worth the partial rewards, especially because any 50% strategy is probably going to be massively different than an eventual win/sub30. DWhale is a massive difficulty spike, and until 5* magicites come out, there isn't much between it and the rest of the game, so it's really hard to judge your incremental progress.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Double Rabite posted:

What SBs do you have? USB/AOSB and BSBs with buffs are typically good, though it can somewhat make up for lack of hones in certain things. I beat all of the magicites with most everything honed to R3, but I have (overall) been lucky with pulls other than not matching up healers to DPS in the same realms.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the other thing about the new torments is they don't go away so there's no urgency. The rewards are good, but as it is im already sitting on massive stacks of 5* motes and don't have any immediate need to dive anyone atm

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The main thing from torments are rubies for the new 6* abilities - which should really help in the upcoming 5* magicites. :argh:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Got my first disco ball from the free draw, Seifers USB2.
Now im excited when 9 o clock rolls around every day.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Now you know what the JP player SolitaireD meant with this being the time frame a bunch of JP players jumped ship. At least the worst is almost over with 5* magicites around the corner.

GL master race getting the improved daily pull rates months ahead of schedule was a pretty good way to make things more interesting meanwhile.

Still having fun myself despite everything being trivially easy. Except D??? torments which are plain impossible. I guess I always liked evaluating banners more than playing the game. And there's more to consider with evaluating than ever before.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got my first 5* off of the common draw!

...it was Tiny Bee.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
What the...

I've been only idly playing this game lately, just burning through Stamina once a day running dailies, and doing the relic draw.

But today I too just pulled a rainbow from the Daily Draw.

Fang's USB, Bahamut Dive!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Alxprit posted:

...it was Tiny Bee.

You are the one the prophecy spoke of.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i got a tiny bee from the lucky draw

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

KataraniSword posted:

Gear is a big part of it - namely, gear that gives +elemental damage is a huge boost to damage, and SBs that give enelement are a huge boost, too. As far as accessories, gear for elemental resistance first, then status resistance. The exception is Liquid Flame, who you will generally have more luck gearing up with KO Resist to lower Blaze's accuracy.

Another part is making sure you're using 5*/6* abilities for damage; Lifesiphon MIGHT be okay for someone who is just churning an OSB, but past that you need quadstrikes and chain -gas and the four hit sharpshooter abilities and the like to keep competitive with endgame HP/defense. If you're still using single-hit 4* skills or low-potency BSB commands, you're generally not gonna have the output to keep up with Magicite demands.

Finally, Magicite is a thing that gets easier with the more you do it. Use the magicite you get from Liquid Flame to increase your damage against Sealion, and so on around the ring. You'll probably have to grind one before moving onto the next unless your kit for that element is really strong.

Thanks, I think the answer is that I am just not tall enough for the challenges. But is good to know that is current problem.

MF_James posted:

What SBs do you have? USB/AOSB and BSBs with buffs are typically good, though it can somewhat make up for lack of hones in certain things. I beat all of the magicites with most everything honed to R3, but I have (overall) been lucky with pulls other than not matching up healers to DPS in the same realms.

Not many. I have 1 AOSB (Pcecil), 5 USBs, and a hand full of BSBs only a few of which give buffs. I have been relying upon shout mostly to complete 220s.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Looking for opinions on the book 8 choice. It looks like for a while, raines bsb was the top pick until recently. I'm guessing Lulu's ice boost armor would be better for my squall and the future as it seems ice boost is rare. Any thoughts?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Alxprit posted:

...it was Tiny Bee.

While less of a dumb meme, my daily draw 5* so far was some lovely shared-SB spear from FFIV a Rosetta Stone, whatup garbage draw buddy.

poe meater posted:

Looking for opinions on the book 8 choice. It looks like for a while, raines bsb was the top pick until recently. I'm guessing Lulu's ice boost armor would be better for my squall and the future as it seems ice boost is rare. Any thoughts?

8 has got a lot of potentially good choices, it depends on what else you have to a large extent. Rude's glove is potentially useful for Yuffie and I think Edge if you want to lean on the overpowered ninja skills for earth-weak fights. Maria, Edea, and Papalymo's BSBs remain fairly good DPS even in this age of USB Then Ability Spam assuming you can hit their MAG thresholds. There's a lot of +element stuff on the banner overall if you need that, I've been considering Lulu's myself because non-caster ice boost stuff flees at the sight of me. Part of me wants to grab Strago's because water mages are pretty uncommon and it has boost, too.

That said, we're going to start Realms on Parade like tomorrow so you might want to wait and see what you get out of that/free fest draws/fest Lucky Draws/etc.

Also how have I been playing this game forever and not noticed this thread, yeesh.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ayndin posted:

8 has got a lot of potentially good choices, it depends on what else you have to a large extent. Rude's glove is potentially useful for Yuffie and I think Edge if you want to lean on the overpowered ninja skills for earth-weak fights.

To weigh in on this, from my experience with Ixion, I've found that Edge has more or less equivalent damage output with either Rude's glove or a 6* katana, thanks to the +katana damage in his dive. The numbers might shift enough to make the glove a better choice if you only have a 5* katana, though, or if you don't have +earth armor for Edge to wear too. The glove does definitely win out for Yuffie, since her dive doesn't have any +equipment nodes iirc.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Oh boy I got a 5 star on my daily.

Why does it not say congratulations?

Hahaha whaaaaaat?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that's right, back in the day when there were only super and unique soul breaks, there were 5* items without soul breaks at all

plus ones with "shared soul breaks" that anyone could use while they had the item equipped

they were all terrible

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cowcaster posted:

that's right, back in the day when there were only super and unique soul breaks, there were 5* items without soul breaks at all

plus ones with "shared soul breaks" that anyone could use while they had the item equipped

they were all terrible

Some of the shared SBs were actually OK at the time, especially the AOE heals. I actually used a shared SB AOE heal for quite a few Cid's Mission runs when I didn't have actual healer SBs in that realm.

They're all trash now, of course.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's funny to think about how even in an age where you had only unique/shared/super soul breaks to work with the default starter soul breaks each character has were still considered incredibly weak, from what i remember

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I ran out of growth eggs.... While trying to level luneth for the double exp materia...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I am ready for

:rock: Pulls On Parade :rock:

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

I am ready for

:rock: Pulls On Parade :rock:

And you will rage against the machine when you draw dupes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cowcaster posted:

it's funny to think about how even in an age where you had only unique/shared/super soul breaks to work with the default starter soul breaks each character has were still considered incredibly weak, from what i remember

I got the buster sword off banner one and felt like a god!! Haha